ECT It’s critical to understand “ginosko” (know) in the NT

ZacharyB

John 10:27-28 …
“My sheep hear My voice, and I KNOW them, and they follow Me.
And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish …”

John 17:3 …
“And this is eternal life, that they may KNOW You,
the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.”

1 John 2:3-4 …
“Now by this we know that we KNOW Him, if we keep His commandments.
He who says, “I know Him”, and does not keep His commandments,
is a liar, and the truth is not in him.”

All of the following is from …
The Complete Biblical Library (NT), 1986, Springfield, Missouri

1091.  ginosko (verb) … (Greek alphabet not available here?)
(1) Classical Greek,
(2) Septuagint Usage,
(3) New Testament Usage
“The Biblical concept of knowing God extends beyond mere intellectual apprehension and moves
into the arena of obedience. To have genuine knowledge, one must respond to God who has
graciously made himself known. This is thoroughly in keeping with the Old Testament idea …
… On the one hand, former ignorance was to some extent excusable; now obedience is expected.
On the other hand, simply knowing is inadequate, for God has disclosed himself adequately …
Obedience is demanded in either circumstance. Knowing God, therefore, is more than
theoretical or intellectual knowledge …
… Apart from knowing God we are known by God. Being known by God is tantamount to
experiencing his grace, and it depends, in part at least, upon our response to his grace.
Certainly, it involves our will …
… The letter of 1 John shows a marked interest in the theme of ‘knowing God” (25 times).
Knowing God chiefly means obeying God’s commands and imitating Jesus.
Obedience equals knowing God
, and it is strikingly made evident in the demonstration of
love for one another – just as Jesus loved …
… True knowledge expresses itself in obedience, especially in love. One cannot have a true
knowledge of God without being obedient to Him …
… to know God truly we must have experienced Him. A person is to go beyond a merely
intellectual appreciation for God; the effects of that experience must be evident in one’s life.”

All of the many references which were imbedded in the above quote have been removed.

I have available a full page of NT verses which prove that obedience is necessary for salvation!

Last edited:

way 2 go

I have available a full page of NT verses which prove that obedience is necessary for salvation!
sorry , I'm only going to quote one verse that says salvation is a gift of God
Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

and some questions
Gal 3:2 Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith?
Gal 3:3 Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?

ZacharyB

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith.
And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God
This wonderful free gift of God is given when the believer first receives the Holy Spirit.
Then, the believer's process of salvation begins.
However, it doesn't end until the believer dies.

Isn't it reasonable to RECONCILE the so-called OSAS NT verses
with all of those NT verses which teach against OSAS?
Please, reconcile them instead of ignoring/rejecting the red!

way 2 go

This wonderful free gift of God is given when the believer first receives the Holy Spirit.
Then, the believer's process of salvation begins.
However, it doesn't end until the believer dies.

Isn't it reasonable to RECONCILE the so-called OSAS NT verses
with all of those NT verses which teach against OSAS?
Please, reconcile them instead of ignoring/rejecting the red!

you didn't answer the questions
Gal 3:2 Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith?
Gal 3:3 Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?

ZacharyB

you didn't answer the questions
Your 2 questions are way beyond ludicrous
for someone who's in the trouble you're in!

Revelation 21:8
"But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

This verse applies to everyone, believers and unbelievers alike!
I could explain who the cowardly are, but it would be a waste of time.
I wonder how many in this fine list apply to you?

way 2 go

Your 2 questions are way beyond ludicrous
for someone who's in the trouble you're in!
you're the one not answering the questions

"But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

This verse applies to everyone, believers and unbelievers alike!
I could explain who the cowardly are, but it would be a waste of time.
I wonder how many in this fine list apply to you?

you say this verse applies to believers but underline unbelieving

giphy.gif

ZacharyB

"But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake
which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

you say this verse applies to believers but underline unbelieving
Can't you see that the verse applies to BOTH believers and unbelievers?
It's a catch-all verse, which applies to everyone on the face of the earth.
Does that include you? If not, which planet are you on?
Glorydaze has always been way out there on Star #47297056206.

way 2 go

Can't you see that the verse applies to BOTH believers and unbelievers?
It's a catch-all verse, which applies to everyone on the face of the earth.
Does that include you? If not, which planet are you on?
Glorydaze has always been way out there on Star #47297056206.

"But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral,

doubling down

you say this verse applies to believers and underline the contradiction unbelieving

giphy-downsized-large.gif

still didn't answer the questions

ZacharyB

Do you really believe that once receiving the Spirit you are quaranteed salvation?
The NT makes it very clear that salvation is conditional, and that it is a process!
You are ignoring and/or rejecting many warning NT verses!
Do so at your peril.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Do you really believe that once receiving the Spirit you are quaranteed salvation?
The NT makes it very clear that salvation is conditional, and that it is a process!
You are ignoring and/or rejecting many warning NT verses!
Do so at your peril.

You fail to understand that salvation is at the end of all the process. It is the final step for one to be made right to receive the Holy Spirit.
Mark 3:28-29, Matthew 12:31-32, and Luke 12:10

way 2 go

Yes! I am sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption of my body.

The Holy Spirit applied to my life is GOD's promise and guarantee that He is going to complete what He started.
I've read something like that somewhere :think:

Eph 1:13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,
Eph 1:14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

2Co 5:5 He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

ZacharyB

Eph 1:13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,
Eph 1:14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.
2Co 5:5 He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
It is always wise to understand what was written to whom.

Ephesians and Colossians were written to "the faithful", not to the unfaithful.
Please see Eph 1:1 and Col 1:2.
You will notice that these 2 epistles are the ones ...
with by far the most glorious descriptions of Christians and promises to Christians.
And I have just given you the reason why.

Not only that, but God can break any seal He wishes to!

It is okay to progress out of Kindergarden Christianity
where there is much milk-slurping going on ...
to something a bit deeper.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
sorry , I'm only going to quote one verse that says salvation is a gift of God
Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

and some questions
Just carefully note his use of scripture in the OP.

Only Jesus speaking to His people and one of the twelve apostles for the twelve tribes of Israel (again... someone writing to His people.... ISRAEL).

ZB is someone that cannot rightly divide the word of truth.