Jadespring and 's/he-is-all-in-all'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak

Lovejoy said:
I believe that He took a human, male form at several different points (such as to walk in Eden, to wrestle with Jacob, to eat with Abraham). I have no idea what that means, though.
See John 4:24, where Jesus teaches us: "God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth." This means God has no body, because a spirit is, by nature, an incorporeal being. As Jesus tells us elsewhere, "a spirit has not flesh and bones" (Luke 24:39).

There is a big difference between being a spirit and having a spirit. Jesus says that the Father is a spirit, not that the Father has a spirit; this means that he lacks a body entirely.

Jadespring

Nineveh said:
Freak, this will be my 3rd and final answer to you on this subject. There is not reason whatseoever to think of God in any other terms than masculine. The way He has revealed Himself in Scripture is fine with me. If you have trouble with it, I'm sorry.

Now, would you like to help me understand how jade's witness is misspoken?

"We never fell. We only think that we did and created a whole story to do with that idea. It was our mistake. We have always been good. We never 'fell' so to speak. We only think we did. Jesus came to liberate us from a 'guilt' and a primitive way of thinking that should have never happened.
So the outcome is still basically the same"

It sounds as if she is saying the Bible didn't get things accurate and Christ came to set us free of it.

Okay.
That's it guys. She brought it up again.
I am talking to a wall. Where is that smile? ;) :bang: :bang:
Nothing is getting through. One more time for good measure then I'm really going to have to drop it. NIN, quite bringing up that quote and trying to get people to comment on it. I haver repeatedly said that it is wrong and you repeatedly keep trying to use it as some sort of lever to make a point. There is no point to make using that quote other then I cannot write down my conceptions in the right language and that I made a mistake.

Freak

Nineveh said:
Freak, this will be my 3rd and final answer to you on this subject. There is no reason whatseoever to think of God in any other terms than masculine. The way He has revealed Himself in Scripture is fine with me. If you have trouble with it, I'm sorry.
Nineveh, where did you answer me in the above post? Does this mean you think God the Father has a human body? The Bible is clear that God is a spirit (John 4:24) and a spirit does not have flesh and bones (Luke 24:39). Hosea 11:9 and Numbers 23:19 clearly state that God is not a man, and therefore cannot have a body of flesh and bones.

The apostle Paul rebuked those who would liken the image "of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man." (Romans 1:22-23)

"To whom will ye liken me?" (Isaiah 40:25) asks God. If God is an exalted man, the answer to this question is simple.

Freak

Nineveh, do you agree with Hosea 11:9 and Numbers 23:19 that clearly state that God is not a man, and therefore cannot have a body of flesh and bones.

Jadespring

Agape4Robin said:
Ahhhhh......must be you!

go figure................ :rolleyes:

Actually no. If you would read you would see that it is not just me.

Here's a key word to help in your studies.

Gender-neutraility

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Freak, next one gets your post deleted. Going to help me figure out what jade really meant or not?

Lovejoy

Freak said:
See John 4:24, where Jesus teaches us: "God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth." This means God has no body, because a spirit is, by nature, an incorporeal being. As Jesus tells us elsewhere, "a spirit has not flesh and bones" (Luke 24:39).

There is a big difference between being a spirit and having a spirit. Jesus says that the Father is a spirit, not that the Father has a spirit; this means that he lacks a body entirely.
For sure, I am inclined to agree with that. I was merely pointing out His gender preference when He bothers to have one. In fact, that is one of my favorite verses for duking it out with Mormons.

Jadespring

Nineveh said:
Freak, next one gets your post deleted. Going to help me figure out what jade really meant or not?

Sorry Nin. I'm bailing. Especially now since the discussion seems to be censored and you are making it pretty clear that you are trying to recruit to continue your attack. Is this a closed discussion? Did I miss something? ;)
Anyways you are indeed an interesting person to be talked to by. Can't say that I've ever met someone quite the same.

Right now, continuing as we are is a waste of time and energy on my part. This has gone on long enough. I pretty much doubt that whatever I could say would be good enough to please and convince you that yes, I am indeed Christian in faith.

Good thing it doesn't matter. :)

:wave: :wave:

Keep well.

Last edited:

Jadespring

Dave Miller said:
"My! people come and go so quickly here!"

(munchkins twitter with laughter in background)

*has fun laughing and frolicing with the munchkins**

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :party: :party: :party: :juggle: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Jade,
It's a really simple question. You accuse me of misunderstanding your misspeaking, but it seems when I ask for clarification I get loads of talking around the issue. I ask for the post # I get how you are leaving the convo yet one more time.

Do you interpret what is written about Christ in an esoteric spiritualized way or in a literal way?

I won't even ask you again what you really mean when you say we have always been "good" but bought into a "lie". Obviously your real meaning is even so esoteric you would hide the post # that explains it all.

dave, why not reply to my last post to you instead of acting a fool?

Freak

Lovejoy said:
For sure, I am inclined to agree with that. I was merely pointing out His gender preference when He bothers to have one. In fact, that is one of my favorite verses for duking it out with Mormons.
:up: Nineveh's understanding of God is closer akin to Mormonism then anything else. God the Father does not have a body, He is not male. Unless you're a Mormon that is.

Nineveh is incapable of dealing with Scripture so she resorts to threats about deleting my posts. Sad.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Freak,
Whatever you wanna believe. But if you want to carry on this way, you will make a new thread for it. Thanks in advance :)

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Just so this doesn't get lost in the shuffle:

Dave Miller said:
We were created "good," only God is "holy."

"We never fell. We only think that we did and created a whole story to do with that idea. It was our mistake. We have always been holy* . We never 'fell' so to speak. We only think we did. Jesus came to liberate us from a 'guilt' and a primitive way of thinking that should have never happened.
So the outcome is still basically the same"

So you disagree with jade, correct?

Its fair game to suggest that the fall was self inflicted, we turned our backs on God due to our sense of guilt, but God never turned God's back on us. The OT has
mixed message on this, the hopeful texts say that God is waiting for Israel to turn back
towards God.

We disobeyd God, then we felt guilty for doing it and hid. God did turn His back to us, remember the Flood? Remember Israel disobeying and God turning His back to them? Of course it's as simple as repenting to restore our relationship with God.

If, in repentence, we have the opportunity to turn our dispositions back towards God,that implies that God is waiting with open arms, not with God's back turned towards
us...

If we aren't repentant, that's what we are, in rebellion. Repentance isn't just of the mouth, but of the heart. Confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord, believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Taking this into the context of how jade sees God...

We are and always were holy*. We simply started believing a lie about how evil we really are. Christ died so that men could feel "guilt-free" (read: feel good) about being holy* again.

That very concept undermines the entire Bible. Real Literal Christ really literally died to pay the real literal price for our real literal sin that other wise will be judged by a Real and Literal Just and Righteous Creator God.

Is it really a bad thing to ask jade if she interprets what is written about Christ in an esoteric spiritual way or literal way?

* Jade changed this to "good".

Ecumenicist

Sorry Nin, just can't do this with you now. I'd like to play with you again some time, but
not right now, not this subject, just don't have the energy.

g'night

Dave

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Dave Miller said:
Sorry Nin, just can't do this with you now. I'd like to play with you again some time, but
not right now, not this subject, just don't have the energy.

g'night

Dave

By all means, please, take your time :)

DonW

granite1010 said:
Hey Don. Welcome to TOL.
I would submit that because all Christians are supposed to search the scriptures individually, everyone--Christian or skeptic or whatever--draws their own mumbo jumbo, as you call it, from the Bible.
Just trying to make peace. Seems like Jade is frustrated that what she wrote isn't really what she meant, and she finds it hard to write clearly and correct the whole thing.

:nono: Seems to me some people are picking on her unfairly, which is a shame.

Heh heh, a rather belated greeting, but thank you none the less. :)

I've been here on and off since 1999. I was quite active for a year, my posts might even be found in some archives. I wasn't around when they first changed from UBB to vB, so when I came by in Nov 2001 and tried to post it glitched and they had to reset my whole account. After that I came and went. A year ago I switched my ISP and when I came by later to change my email it glitched again and my postcount got reset (it had been a few hundred).

Hadn't been active from then until now, so I can't edit and my sig doesn't show. :taoist: *sulk*

Granite

Hall of Fame
DonW said:
Just trying to make peace. Seems like Jade is frustrated that what she wrote isn't really what she meant, and she finds it hard to write clearly and correct the whole thing.

:nono: Seems to me some people are picking on her unfairly, which is a shame.

Heh heh, a rather belated greeting, but thank you none the less. :)

I've been here on and off since 1999. I was quite active for a year, my posts might even be found in some archives. I wasn't around when they first changed from UBB to vB, so when I came by in Nov 2001 and tried to post it glitched and they had to reset my whole account. After that I came and went. A year ago I switched my ISP and when I came by later to change my email it glitched again and my postcount got reset (it had been a few hundred).

Hadn't been active from then until now, so I can't edit and my sig doesn't show. :taoist: *sulk*

Jade's problem isn't so much that what she's saying is radical (it's not) or revolutionary (not that, either). However a lot of what she believes is foreign to TOLers, and they respond in kind.

Keep posting, you'll get your sig back in no time...

Nineveh

Merely Christian
What seems to be missed is it's not the words she used to convey her beliefs that's the issue, it's the concept itself compared to what Scriptures say. Whether jade says "we were always holy but believed a lie" or "we were always good but believed a lie" does little to alleviate the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.