Jesus Changed Many OT Laws

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus Changed Many Old Testament Laws
[Act 10:9-15
9 The next day, as they went on their journey and drew near the city, Peter went up on the housetop to pray, about the sixth hour.
10 Then he became very hungry and wanted to eat; but while they made ready, he fell into a trance
11 and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth.
12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air.
13 And a voice came to him, "Rise, Peter; kill and eat."
14 But Peter said, "Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean."
15 And a voice [spoke] to him again the second time, "What God has cleansed you must not call common."
[Act 10:14, 28
14 But Peter said, "Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean." ...
28 Then he said to them, "You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean.
[Act 11:8
8 "But I said, 'Not so, Lord! For nothing common or unclean has at any time entered my mouth.'
[Rom 14:14
14 I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that [there is] nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him [it is] unclean.

xxx There were many Old Testament Laws that Jesus Changed. That are not a sin anymore. But if you still keep it as a sin, it will still be a sin. But only to you.

clefty

9 The next day, as they went on their journey and drew near the city, Peter went up on the housetop to pray, about the sixth hour.
10 Then he became very hungry and wanted to eat; but while they made ready, he fell into a trance
11 and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth.
12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air.
14 But Peter said, "Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean."
15 And a voice [spoke] to him again the second time, "What God has cleansed you must not call common."
14 But Peter said, "Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean." ...
28 Then he said to them, "You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean.
8 "But I said, 'Not so, Lord! For nothing common or unclean has at any time entered my mouth.'
14 I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that [there is] nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him [it is] unclean.

xxx There were many Old Testament Laws that Jesus Changed. That are not a sin anymore. But if you still keep it as a sin, it will still be a sin. But only to you.

LOL...still squeaking? Thought we fixed that...

Peter sure did...please post how he interpreted the vision...and did so twice...

And he was there when allegedly according to eager translators which inserted things into the text when He “saying this He purified all meats”...

Apparently not...as he remained kosher...

Obviously:

https://www.ucg.org/the-good-news/t...esus-christ-did-jesus-declare-all-meats-clean

That should settle it but pretty sure you dont read outside your own view...

Oh and BTW in Acts 15 2 of the 4 requirements deal with dietary restrictions...NO meat strangled...and NO meat with blood in it...now tell me old chap...

If I kill a pig or monkey or snake by not strangling it and make sure all the blood is drained out of it...do you think by doing this the meat suddenly goes from unclean to clean?

Do you consider human flesh food?

That is how a believer should view pig...as a trash compactor...LOL...not food...

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Shalom.

Upon what basis do you say so? Are you saying that a law has been changed or are you saying that the Old Testament has been changed? It is my belief that God has not changed the covenant that we call old.

The Bible says that sin is the transgression of the law.

1 John 3:4 KJV - 4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Upon what basis do you say so? Are you saying that a law has been changed or are you saying that the Old Testament has been changed? It is my belief that God has not changed the covenant that we call old.

The Bible says that sin is the transgression of the law.

1 John 3:4 KJV - 4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Its right there in front of you. It says "said to them, "You know how unlawful it is" it was an old testament law. And God told Peter that what was unclean is now clean. Now it is ok to break them laws.
Now Jesus has given us away out of them laws. But if you want to keep them laws it is a sin for you. Which means if you keep them laws it is a sin for you to communicate with me. But if you want to communicate with me and go by the new testament. Then you are sinning against Christ in the new testament by keeping the old testament law.

[Heb 7:12, 18
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,

[Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new [covenant]," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Its right there in front of you. It says "said to them, "You know how unlawful it is" it was an old testament law. And God told Peter that what was unclean is now clean. Now it is ok to break them laws.
Now Jesus has given us away out of them laws. But if you want to keep them laws it is a sin for you. Which means if you keep them laws it is a sin for you to communicate with me. But if you want to communicate with me and go by the new testament. Then you are sinning against Christ in the new testament by keeping the old testament law.

[Heb 7:12, 18
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,

[Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new [covenant]," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Shalom.

Today is Sheni, 11-6.

No. Because you were lying about the old covenant having been changed. Why is it called the old covenant and in what way is the covenant old or in what way is the covenant called old? What is meant by old? Then the commandments were not changed, kept or not.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Sheni, 11-6.

No. Because you were lying about the old covenant having been changed. Why is it called the old covenant and in what way is the covenant old or in what way is the covenant called old? What is meant by old? Then the commandments were not changed, kept or not.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
you really fall short in understanding. Jesus brought us a new covenant. Now the fact that what Jesus brought is a new covenant, makes all other covenants before old covenants. That is called understanding.

[Mat 26:28
28 "For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
[Mar 14:24
24 And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.
[Heb 8:9, 13
9 "not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the LORD. ...
[Heb 9:1
1 Then indeed, even the first [covenant] had ordinances of divine service and the earthly sanctuary.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
you really fall short in understanding. Jesus brought us a new covenant. Now the fact that what Jesus brought is a new covenant, makes all other covenants before old covenants. That is called understanding.

[Mat 26:28
28 "For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
[Mar 14:24
24 And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.
[Heb 8:9, 13
9 "not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the LORD. ...
[Heb 9:1
1 Then indeed, even the first [covenant] had ordinances of divine service and the earthly sanctuary.

Shalom.

The people broke the old covenant. They broke the covenant and God said He would make or bring a new covenant, His law written on minds and hearts (for the house of Israel and the house of Judah).

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

The people broke the old covenant. They broke the covenant and God said He would make or bring a new covenant, His law written on minds and hearts (for the house of Israel and the house of Judah).

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
God sent a new covenant to the Jews but they rejected it so God gave the new covenant to the Gentiles.
The Jews are welcome to join in the new covenant. But they cant bring the old one with them.

[2Jo 1:8-11
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but [that] we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
God sent a new covenant to the Jews but they rejected it so God gave the new covenant to the Gentiles.
The Jews are welcome to join in the new covenant. But they cant bring the old one with them.

[2Jo 1:8-11
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but [that] we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
Shalom.

Today is Sheni, 11-6.

The covenant was given to the house of Israel and the house of Judah. The first believers were Jews. At some point people were called Christians. The first Christians may have all been Jews.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Sheni, 11-6.

The covenant was given to the house of Israel and the house of Judah. The first believers were Jews. At some point people were called Christians. The first Christians may have all been Jews.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
It was given to the house of Israel but they rejected it. So it was given to the Gentiles.

[Heb 8:9-11
9 "not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the LORD.
10 "For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
11 "None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
It was given to the house of Israel but they rejected it. So it was given to the Gentiles.

[Heb 8:9-11
9 "not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the LORD.
10 "For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
11 "None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.

Shalom.

You are incorrect.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol Can I ask your demons name?

Shalom.

Not if I do not have one. Even then should you or can you? Would it yield positive productive right correct or favorable results?

If you should ask anyone the name of their demon.

Shalom.

Jacob