JESUS IS NOT GOD....is this not a fair issue for debate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomRose

If Jesus is God, then scriptures are presented to support that, am I right? What if scriptures can be found to support the fact that Jesus is NOT God? Would that not be a relevant discussion? Couldn't people who believe he IS God then explain why the scriptures don't show that he is not God? Wouldn't that be a help to the poor erring person who believes Jesus is not God? Why just lock the thread? Could people be afraid that they will be proved wrong?

Someone said that it doesn't matter what scriptures are posted to show that Jesus isn't God! Is that really an honest position to take? Isn't that like the Pharisees who put their hands over their ears and gnashed their teeth and wouldn't listen to Stephen (Acts chapter 7)?

My position is that Jesus himself denied being God. I have listed many scriptures that show this to be true....that he didn't think he was God. I asked people here to take each scripture and explain why I am not reading it correctly. Instead there is no attempt to reason with me, only the statement that I am blaspheming and what I say is not in accordance with "Christian belief."

Why not show me WHY I am not speaking in accordance with Christian belief---which really should align with the scriptures, wouldn't you say? Is this thread going to be locked as well?

marhig

If Jesus is God, then scriptures are presented to support that, am I right? What if scriptures can be found to support the fact that Jesus is NOT God? Would that not be a relevant discussion? Couldn't people who believe he IS God then explain why the scriptures don't show that he is not God? Wouldn't that be a help to the poor erring person who believes Jesus is not God? Why just lock the thread? Could people be afraid that they will be proved wrong?

Someone said that it doesn't matter what scriptures are posted to show that Jesus isn't God! Is that really an honest position to take? Isn't that like the Pharisees who put their hands over their ears and gnashed their teeth and wouldn't listen to Stephen (Acts chapter 7)?

My position is that Jesus himself denied being God. I have listed many scriptures that show this to be true....that he didn't think he was God. I asked people here to take each scripture and explain why I am not reading it correctly. Instead there is no attempt to reason with me, only the statement that I am blaspheming and what I say is not in accordance with "Christian belief."

Why not show me WHY I am not speaking in accordance with Christian belief---which really should align with the scriptures, wouldn't you say? Is this thread going to be locked as well?
You're right, Jesus isn't God. He himself tells us who God is and that's the father, and he is also his God and father according to Jesus himself!

oatmeal

I Timothy 2:5 settled the matter for me.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

It couldn't be written any plainer.

Besides the direct information, it is clear that God makes clear distinctions:

1. God is God

2. Men are men

3. the one mediator between God and men is the man Christ Jesus.

The what Christ Jesus?

a. The God Christ Jesus

b. God the Son Christ Jesus

c. the man Christ Jesus

d. the fully God/fully man Christ Jesus

e. the second person of the Holy Trinity Christ Jesus

f. The Godman Christ Jesus

Only "c" the man Christ Jesus is the correct answer.

Apparently, that is a difficult concept for some

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What if scriptures can be found to support the fact that Jesus is NOT God? Would that not be a relevant discussion?

When Jesus said he was not God he wasn't. On the contrary, he was human.

Humans are mortal, God is immortal.

Jesus' Father is the one true God who indwells each of his children.

The Father was not born. Jesus was born.

The plural of the term "God" is God because there is one Spirit.

"There is one body and one Spirit." (Ephesians 4:4)

But the one Spirit is manifested in more than one person.

"endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit" (Ephesians 4:3)

Jesus said the Father is Spirit.

"God is Spirit and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth." (John 4:24)

The Revelation said Jesus Christ is Spirit.

"And the Spirit and the bride say, 'Come!'" (Revelation 22:17)

The one Spirit is more than one person, it is one family. A Spirit family.

The Son of God has been given authority over all flesh making him our Lord and our God.

KingdomRose

I Timothy 2:5 settled the matter for me.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

It couldn't be written any plainer.

Besides the direct information, it is clear that God makes clear distinctions:

1. God is God

2. Men are men

3. the one mediator between God and men is the man Christ Jesus.

The what Christ Jesus?

a. The God Christ Jesus

b. God the Son Christ Jesus

c. the man Christ Jesus

d. the fully God/fully man Christ Jesus

e. the second person of the Holy Trinity Christ Jesus

f. The Godman Christ Jesus

Only "c" the man Christ Jesus is the correct answer.

Apparently, that is a difficult concept for some

Yes, I Timothy 2:5 is speaking of God and Jesus Christ. This is clear when it says that Jesus is the mediator BETWEEN God and men. So Jesus is in the middle BETWEEN God and mankind. It does not say that Jesus is God. It says he is the mediator BETWEEN God and men. He is not "fully God," he is not a "God-man," he is not a "second person of the Trinity."

He is the mediator, and he is God's SON. He says that the Father is "my God." (John 20:17)

Bard_the_Bowman

Hello Kingdom Rose,

I think your willingness to discuss whether Jesus is God or is not God is awesome. I think the topic is of the utmost importance. You are spot on....it matters.

Speaking for myself, I don't usually respond to lengthy posts with lots of info in them because it almost requires writing long essays to do so. I just do not have that much time, usually, and I don't think that is necessarily the best way to communicate through forums such as these. Plus, I will admit to having trouble being concise myself, and then to top it off, my head starts to hurt!

I would be willing to discuss the topic with you if we could agree to maybe investigate a passage or two of Scripture at a time or something?

If it is ok with you, could I start by asking just one question?

Why did some of the Jewish people want to kill Jesus?

Peace.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, I Timothy 2:5 is speaking of God and Jesus Christ. This is clear when it says that Jesus is the mediator BETWEEN God and men.

And the Mediator has authority over all flesh.

It is the Mediator who imparts eternal life.

You may not call him God but he is the spitting image of God, his double.

So split hairs all you want, but your eternal life is in his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.