Judging for DUMMIES...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Zakath
Can anyone spell "trademark infringement"?

Just a friendly quesition; I trust you have permission from Wiley and Sons to modify their trademark and sell it?

(Just trying to help you hold onto your hard-earned resources...)
I have decided to take Zakath's good advice.

I have removed the shirt from the store.

You can still view the graphic in the gallery at:
http://www.theologyonline.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=519

But, I certainly do not want to do anything illegal so I did remove it from the store. I will look into this issue further and see if there is a way to modify the design as so that it doesn't infringe on anyone's trademarked material and then maybe re-release it.

Freak

Originally posted by Zakath

"atheists like being cruel"? "acting out his anger"?:crackup:

Interesting characterizations, Jay. You sound like another "wannabe shrink" without the cojones or intellect to endure the study required for certification or licensing...

Sorry to bust your amateur bubble, Jay my lad. No anger here. Just a concern for Knight's well-being. If I didn't care, I wouldn't have posted.

I'm sure he has things well in hand.

Interesting characterization, Zakath. You describe me as a "wannabe shrink"--very interesting claim since I never claimed to be one. Do you do this often? Do you make false assumptions about people, like you have done to me, often?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Knight
I have decided to take Zakath's good advice.

I have removed the shirt from the store.
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Knight, parodies are done all the time. Check out http://www.weirdcrap.com/chick/submit.html There is also a parody of The Drudge Report. Companies like free advertising which is what your shirt will be giving to the Dummies company. Do you really think they are going to sue you over 3 sales that gave them free advertising? The shirts don't even poke fun at the Dummies books. They poke fun at nonjudgmental Christians.

I've got an idea. Just sell the shirts with no profit in them. Or sell them with all the profits going to some very politically correct cause like AIDS research. Could you imagine a company risking bad publicity from coast to coast by suing someone who used their design to raise money for AIDS research?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Jefferson

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Knight, parodies are done all the time. Check out http://www.weirdcrap.com/chick/submit.html There is also a parody of The Drudge Report. Companies like free advertising which is what your shirt will be giving to the Dummies company. Do you really think they are going to sue you over 3 sales that gave them free advertising? The shirts don't even poke fun at the Dummies books. They poke fun at nonjudgmental Christians.

I've got an idea. Just sell the shirts with no profit in them. Or sell them with all the profits going to some very politically correct cause like AIDS research. Could you imagine a company risking bad publicity from coast to coast by suing someone who used their design to raise money for AIDS research?
If I had the ability to produce these shirts myself I might do something like your saying. However, we use cafepress to produce our products and I wouldn't want to jeopardize my relationship with them.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Knight
If I had the ability to produce these shirts myself I might do something like your saying. However, we use cafepress to produce our products and I wouldn't want to jeopardize my relationship with them.
Why don't you email cafepress a copy of your shirt and ask them if it would be okay with them?

shilohproject

Originally posted by Jefferson

I've got an idea. Just sell the shirts with no profit in them. Or sell them with all the profits going to some very politically correct cause like AIDS research.

This would probably work if you frame it right.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Freak
Interesting characterization, Zakath. You describe me as a "wannabe shrink"--very interesting claim since I never claimed to be one. Do you do this often? Do you make false assumptions about people, like you have done to me, often?
No more frequently than you do, Jay. ;)