Knight's pick 10-29-2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Becky
...but I liken our position to that of the servant who chooses to stay with his master.

Deut. 15:12-17 If your brother, a Hebrew man, or a Hebrew woman, is sold to you and serves you six years, then in the seventh year you shall let him go free from you. And when you send him away free from you, you shall not let him go away empty-handed; you shall supply him liberally from your flock, from your threshing floor, and from your winepress. From what the LORD has blessed you with, you shall give to him. You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God redeemed you; therefore I command you this thing today. And if it happens that he says to you, ‘I will not go away from you,’ because he loves you and your house, since he prospers with you, then you shall take an awl and thrust it through his ear to the door, and he shall be your servant forever. Also to your female servant you shall do likewise.

As you quoted above, Paul says we have become slaves to righteousness. The choice is irreversible by us, the slave. We have not suddenly lost all free will, only the free will to leave our master. We have been thrust through the ear with an awl and have become “servants” forever. This slave could not undo his choice, just as we can't.

1Cor. 3:23-4:1 And you are Christ’s, and Christ is God’s. Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
2nd place....

2nd place....

Originally posted by Paul DeYonghe
"Yxboom, you are a sock-sniffing brown-nosing post hound in love with the idea of seeing your words on the Internet."

*We now return Paul DeYonghe to his vacation, already in progress.*
So what if its out of context!

Status
Not open for further replies.