Lesbian writer inadvertently admits homosexuality involves choice

Daniel1611

Im not interested in searching for "proof" that the Bible is true. I believe it because it is true. It has power. It is sharper than any two edged sword.

Arthur Brain

Im not interested in searching for "proof" that the Bible is true. I believe it because it is true. It has power. It is sharper than any two edged sword.

Fine, but tell me this. Can you choose to be attracted to your own sex, because I sure can't.

GFR7

You seem to object to gay activists being, well, activists, but the religiously inspired have been actively against homosexuals since way back with your apparent tacit approval?
Only recently do gays seem to be given some legal parity perhaps due to such activists as much as anything, to which you seem to be being somewhat partial and hypocritical about?
Religious activists good, gay activists bad? Really? :sherlock:
Your point in extremely well taken. I understand culturally that the shoe is on the other foot now; I grasp that and I do not like hypocrisy in myself or others.

I have often been on the losing side of cultural arguments, and I "get" what it's like to be the epistemic outsider. I am not cold to the suffering of others; I am not without sympathy, and would never myself take an aggressive stance with anyone, in conversation.

This is ideology and semantics and this is why I stick strictly to the political forum.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I would ask you to identify this "lie" and cite the evidence that it is not true but but I've tried that before with you and got nothing

You have no evidence to support that it is not a choice, yet I have biology & physiology to support the natural order of sexuality. Seems all you have to offer is an emotional plea followed with a "cause I said so" to back up your assertion. Science wins again, love, lust, & deviancy has nothing to with it.

Arthur Brain

You have no evidence to support that it is not a choice, yet I have biology & physiology to support the natural order of sexuality. Seems all you have to offer is an emotional plea followed with a "cause I said so" to back up your assertion. Science wins again, love, lust, & deviancy has nothing to with it.

Of course there's evidence to support it isn't a choice. You're straight right? So am I and the thought of any sort of sexual intimacy with another bloke would be vomit inducing to me personally. I am not that way inclined at all. So how about you tell me how I can supposedly "choose" to become gay in light of that? If science wins then your argument loses if you actually think about it...

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Of course they know that they have been given a will and with that comes the ability to choose good or evil (2 Pet. 3:3, 4). It's bad enough that they go to hell but their kids usually come in right behind them (2 Chr. 33:22, 23).

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Except if you're straight you can't make a choice to be attracted to the same gender. If you could you ain't straight.

Except if you aren't mentally ill, you aren't.

Lot of weirdos are attracted to children, material objects, etc... its sickness and a choice to act on or not.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The whole "born that way" mantra was a defense mechanism against the various religions that condemn homosexuality. By extension it said "God made me this way".

Right--I was made a perv' ([Ex 20:14] heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] or homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13]) therefore I am without responsibility before God. That won't fly (1 Ti 4:2) at the Great White Throne judgment (2 Cor. 5:10, 11, Re 20:11).

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Except if you're straight you can't make a choice to be attracted to the same gender. If you could you ain't straight.

Wrong! there is no such thing as straight & gay in nature there is the natural...male & female, & deviation from the natural, which has been coined as gay in secular humanist terms. No matter how much all of you secular humanists want to kick & scream that it is natural, it is still a choice to deviate from the natural function of human sexuality.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You seem to object to gay activists being, well, activists, but the religiously inspired have been actively against homosexuals since way back with your apparent tacit approval?
Only recently do gays seem to be given some legal parity perhaps due to such activists as much as anything, to which you seem to be being somewhat partial and hypocritical about?
Religious activists good, gay activists bad? Really? :sherlock:

Yes they can choose to actively destroy someones life. After hearing this, I would say to anyone I care about who will live past these years to come to leave homosexuals alone, they are vicious hateful, and cannot be trusted. They have demonstrated a willingness to ruin peoples lives who choose to disagree with them!

Arthur Brain

Wrong! there is no such thing as straight & gay in nature there is the natural...male & female, & deviation from the natural, which has been coined as gay in secular humanist terms. No matter how much all of you secular humanists want to kick & scream that it is natural, it is still a choice to deviate from the natural function of human sexuality.

Then call it what you will but if you happen to be exclusively attracted to the opposite sex (call it natural as oppose to heterosexuality if you want) then you are simply not capable of entertaining intimate relations with your own gender. It's got nothing to do with "secular humanism" or some such nonsense but rather that which really should be apparent.

Now if you're telling me that I can "choose" to deviate 'from the norm' then hear this in turn. Not. A. Bloody. Chance. I ain't wired that way and you may as well tell me that I can choose to start liking iron filing sandwiches with stale bread.