List your anti-OSAS scripture passages here

SaulToPaul 2

Ok

we will put you down as not caring what Jesus said.

__

Matthew 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

Matthew 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

Matthew 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Do it.

SaulToPaul 2

You're desiring to live under the Law. Therefore, you will die in your sins
due to the fact you cannot follow the law flawlessly!

She is clueless. Needs less time in front of the tv, and less time worrying about this corrupt world system, and more time in The Book.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Republican Chick, Do you believe this scripture;

John 10:27-29 Modern English Version (MEV)

27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

28 I give them eternal life. They shall never perish, nor shall anyone snatch them from My hand.

29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them from My Father’s hand.

If you do, how can you not believe in eternal security?

way 2 go

Eze 18:24 But when a righteous person turns away from his righteousness and does injustice and does the same abominations that the wicked person does, shall he live? None of the righteous deeds that he has done shall be remembered; for the treachery of which he is guilty and the sin he has committed, for them he shall die.

SaulToPaul 2

Every single so-called anti OSAS passage is about a group of believers not yet saved.

Once saved, it cannot be lost.

SaulToPaul 2

Sell all you have.

No?

"we will put you down as not caring what Jesus said."

I ordered a dozen brown scapulars from Amazon for my family. I have a few left over. Would you like one, saint john? Seeing as how you don't care what Jesus said, maybe you would like some fire insurance?

john w

Hall of Fame
I ordered a dozen brown scapulars from Amazon for my family. I have a few left over. Would you like one, saint john? Seeing as how you don't care what Jesus said, maybe you would like some fire insurance?

No, Mayor, as you know that I've always wanted a "pope mobile." Now, if you'd get another job, such as a real estate agent, or vacuum cleaner salesman, perhaps you can make my dream come true, and I just might be able to attend those Friday night fish frye's, in my new ride.

I hear that the Sims house, in your neck of the woods, might be a candidate for sale-big commissions.

oatmeal

there are none.

Some qualification is needed here.

Salvation is a gift, but like all gifts, it must be opened and used to best benefit the recipient.

The gift of salvation/eternal life/holy spirit is permanent, you cannot lose it, but to bring the most benefit, we must learn from scripture what to do with it.

If we neglect that gift, we miss out.

If we use it, then go back to our old ways, we may lose some of the benefits we acquired by working it. Philippians 2:12-16

Jesus Christ demonstrated the great benefits of using what God gave us.

The context of Philippians 2:12-16 is Philippians 2:5-11 where we are exhorted to grow in humble, loving obedience to God our Father with the same resolve and commitment that Jesus lived.

SaulToPaul 2

No, Mayor, as you know that I've always wanted a "pope mobile." Now, if you'd get another job, such as a real estate agent, or vacuum cleaner salesman, perhaps you can make my dream come true, and I just might be able to attend those Friday night fish frye's, in my new ride.

I hear that the Sims house, in your neck of the woods, might be a candidate for sale-big commissions.

You look pretty cool in the squad car, but I have to admit that a Saint John W-mobile would be nice.

republicanchick

John 5:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.
:think:

so?

nowhere in that psg does it say you can't lose salvation AFTER obtaining it

and indeed the Bible says in MANY places that you can.. Mt 18:23

Revelation

etc..

Revelation and other books tell us repeatedly that we are judged by our DEEDS

have read the whole Bible over and over and over... You can't argue this one with me

but I am sure you will

__

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

so?

Revelation

etc..

have read the whole Bible over and over and over... You can't argue this one with me

but I am sure you will

__

What do you think does not come into judgment mean? (your verse is totally out of context to any of this)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

so?

Revelation

etc..

but I am sure you will

__

Matthew 18:23 is about forgiveness not loss of salvation. :duh:

republicanchick

What do you think does not come into judgment mean? (your verse is totally out of context to any of this)

you should not go by the Bible alone. The Bible needs an Interpreter, which is the Church Christ founded. You Protestants don't have that (the Original Church), so don't assume you can infallibly interpret all scripture. In fact in 1 or 2 Peter it TELLS us that scripture is not up for personal interpretation

___