Listen to the Holy Spirit, not blindly listen to the church.

jzeidler

Sometimes you may need to stop listening to the church so that you can hear the Holy Spirit. The two can sound very different. One tells you you're a sinner while the other calls you a saint. One demands you to repent while the other shouts that you're forgiven. One says your a slave while the other embraces you as a Son.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sometimes you may need to stop listening to the church so that you can hear the Holy Spirit. The two can sound very different. One tells you you're a sinner while the other calls you a saint. One demands you to repent while the other shouts that you're forgiven. One says your a slave while the other embraces you as a Son.

imagesqtbnANd9GcRtsPo1X2EFhxtls44PV.jpg

One demands you to repent while the other shouts that you're forgiven.

The word of God demands that you repent. This is thoroughly taught in scripture. To repent is to have a change of mind, of heart, that comes into agreement with God over our sin and need for salvation, a response to the conviction of the Holy Spirit as to the horror of and vileness of our sin, our guilt. Repentance mourns sin, desires to flee sin, flees the things of the devil, and runs to God, is a 180 degree turnabout from the things of the world.

Let's not fall into the trap of those whose faith is fake, those who believe they're forgiven by easy believism, who have the same head belief in God the demons share, those who believe they can remain a child of the devil and a friend of the world and still be a friend of God, a child of God. Do not undermine repentance. The Lord does not save those who aren't broken at the foot of the cross and don't even agree with Him!

Acts 2

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

The Lord is not going to put the Holy Spirit into an unrepentant vessel.

Matthew 9

16 No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse.
17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

2 Timothy 2

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Make no mistake. It is unrepentance that will damn the fake Christian, the unrepentant Laodicean, the virgin with no oil in their lamp who has never really responded in truth to the gospel, in repentance to the Holy Spirit's conviction. I fear there are mega churches, filled with such, filled with a poisonous gospel of the world that leads people to believe God is mocked, that you can serve two masters, but don't be deceived. Have you repented? Are you walking in a newness of life? Are you really born again, of the Holy Spirit?

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

John 4:23-24 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Matthew 16

24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Matthew 7

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

glorydaz

The word of God demands that you repent. This is thoroughly taught in scripture. To repent is to have a change of mind, of heart, that comes into agreement with God over our sin and need for salvation, a response to the conviction of the Holy Spirit as to the horror of and vileness of our sin, our guilt. Repentance mourns sin, desires to flee sin, flees the things of the devil, and runs to God, is a 180 degree turnabout from the things of the world.

Let's not fall into the trap of those whose faith is fake, those who believe they're forgiven by easy believism, who have the same head belief in God the demons share, those who believe they can remain a child of the devil and a friend of the world and still be a friend of God, a child of God. Do not undermine repentance. The Lord does not save those who aren't broken at the foot of the cross and don't even agree with Him!

Acts 2

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Matthew 9

16 No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse.
17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

2 Timothy 2

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Make no mistake. It is unrepentance that will damn the fake Christian, the unrepentant Laodicean, the virgin with no oil in their lamp who has never really responded in truth to the gospel, in repentance to the Holy Spirit's conviction. I fear there are mega churches, filled with such, filled with a poisonous gospel of the world that leads people to believe God is mocked, that you can serve two masters, but don't be deceived. Have you repented? Are you walking in a newness of life? Are you really born again, of the Holy Spirit?

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

John 4:23-24 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Matthew 16

24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Matthew 7

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

You have quite a mixture there, but it's summed up in the yellow above, and the simple fact that we believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and we shall be saved. Our lamenting over sin is not what takes sin away. Our bringing forth good fruit does not merit salvation.

Acts 20:20-21
And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house, Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

jzeidler

Acts 2

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

2 Peter 3:9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Matthew 9

16No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse.
17Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

2 Timothy 2

24And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Matthew 16

24Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
26For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Matthew 7

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Repentance in the new covalent in order to gain forgiveness is only for the unbeliever. Repentance from us to God in order to gain forgiveness is not a new covalent concept.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Christian tradition means that the holy and sacred divinity is mediated through different human interpretations.

We do not get Jesus "directly."

Repentance in the new covalent in order to gain forgiveness is only for the unbeliever. Repentance from us to God in order to gain forgiveness is not a new covalent concept.

Really? Repentance and forgiveness not linked? Then I'd suggest you need to register your complaint with the Lord Jesus, one must suppose set Him straight?

Luke 17

3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

I had a very strong hunch you don't care for repentance, your statement dismissing it, actually, evil in nature, though I had hoped just ignorance.

It is beyond comprehension how anybody could say something as ridiculous as a person can be saved, who doesn't even change their mind about sin and doesn't even agree with the word of God, as if salvation is a Chinese menu, where you'll take a heaping platter of salvation from one column, and skip on repentance in another column. Mind boggling ignorance, in the face of a mountain of scripture, some of which I shared with you, right here.

Believe what you want to believe, then, is all anybody can say.

jzeidler

Really? Repentance and forgiveness not linked? Then I'd suggest you need to register your complaint with the Lord Jesus, one must suppose set Him straight?

Luke 17

3Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
4And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

I had a very strong hunch you don't care for repentance, your statement dismissing it, actually, evil in nature, though I had hoped just ignorance.

It is beyond comprehension how anybody could say something as ridiculous as a person can be saved, who doesn't even change their mind about sin and doesn't even agree with the word of God, as if salvation is a Chinese menu, where you'll take a heaping platter of salvation from one column, and skip on repentance in another column. Mind boggling ignorance, in the face of a mountain of scripture, some of which I shared with you, right here.

Believe what you want to believe, then, is all anybody can say.

That is asking for forgiveness from a human who trespassed against another human.

Repentance in order to gain forgiveness is for the non-believer in order to gain salvation. If you can find me a post-cross verse telling Christians to repent in order to GAIN forgiveness I would be interested in talking about it.

Repentance biblically is a good thing in that when we sin we should change our mind and focus it back on the cross.when you understand what Jesus has done for you you won't want to sin because Jesus loves you and has made you better than that.

You have quite a mixture there, but it's summed up in the yellow above, and the simple fact that we believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and we shall be saved. Our lamenting over sin is not what takes sin away. Our bringing forth good fruit does not merit salvation.

Acts 20:20-21
And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house, Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

No, lamenting over sin is not repentance, but it can lead to repentance.

2 Corinthians 7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Your comment on fruit is not the reason I posted those verses, rather to point out that genuine faith brings forth fruit: somebody unrepentant will not have the fruit of walking in the Spirit, as they are not born again. Just added thoughts from God, that's all. My comments were solely going to repentance, not indulgent the endless grace versus works arguments, absolutely nothing I said even touching on this subject that can be examined in many other threads, for anybody oblivious to what grace means and maybe wishes to see a dead horse, further mauled.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Three phases of all earthly religions:

1. The gods rule

2. The gods rule through me

3. I RULE!

Jesus and his mission came first. Next came oral tradition. Next came the written accounts. And then the editing and alterations began.

Jesus was an iconoclast (literally, a "smasher of icons"). And the church made him into an icon.