ECT MAD has it wrong about Peter who according to Paul lived as the gentiles. What else?

dodge

Gal 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
Gal 2:15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,

If Peter lived under the so-called "kingdom gospel" the remainder of his life (law-keeping for salvation), how was it that he was "living after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews"?

To lump Peter into only ministering to the Jews and living that way because he preached a different gospel is a lie from the depths of hell, which those in MAD have promoted.

Not only did they get it wrong about Peter as Paul said they have it wrong about 2 different gospels.

Reactions: Lon

Interplanner

Gal 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

If Peter lived under the so-called "kingdom gospel" the remainder of his life (law-keeping for salvation), how was it that he was "living after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews"?

To lump Peter into only ministering to the Jews and living that way because he preached a different gospel is a lie from the depths of hell, which those in MAD have promoted.

Not only did they get it wrong about Peter as Paul said they have it wrong about 2 different gospels.

I don't know of much of anything it has right in the areas of NT theology (ie, the new covenant), eschatology, and quite a bit of NT background. But there are some good lines on justification and other things. But so do Mormons.

dodge

dodge is a spawn of satan

lol, coming from the brain dead follower of others that said "belief in Jesus is not Paul's gospel".

Your opinion is not relevant to any debate on scripture. YOU would have to actually have an opinion of your own that you have not been spoon fed, which you don't.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
lol, coming from the brain dead follower of others that said "belief in Jesus is not Paul's gospel".

Your opinion is not relevant to any debate on scripture. YOU would have to actually have an opinion of your own that you have not been spoon fed, which you don't.
It's obvious that you need to spend more time in the Word and less time trying to bash MAD. You have an unhealthy obsession

dodge

It's obvious that you need to spend more time in the Word and less time trying to bash MAD. You have an unhealthy obsession

I feel sorry for those caught in the lies and deceptions of MAD. AS Paul said though I or another bring another gospel let them be accursed, and MAD is another gospel.

You do as your god leads you and I will do as God leads me ,puppet.

musterion

11 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face because he stood condemned.
12 For before certain ones came from James, he had been eating with the Gentiles. But when they came, he was drawing back and was separating himself, being afraid of those of the circumcision.
And also the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically with him, so that, by their hypocrisy, even Barnabas was carried away.
14 But when I saw that they are not walking in line according to the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before all, “If you being a Jew live like a Gentile, and not like a Jew, why do you compel the Gentiles to Judaize?
15 WE JEWS by birth and not ‘sinners’ of the Gentiles,
nevertheless [our] knowing that a man is NOT justified by works of law, except through faith from Jesus Christ, even WE have believed in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith from Christ, and not by works of the Law, because by works of the Law not any flesh will be justified.

1. All that Paul indicates is that Peter used to eat with Gentile believers. When the ones from James came, he quit. Paul called them on their hypocrisy.

2. They, in a sense, forced the Gentiles observe Law by separating from them/not allowing Gentiles to eat with them, just like Jews had done for centuries before.

3. Paul makes it clear in v. 15-16 that Peter and the others knew a man is not justified by Law, so your statement about "lawkeeping for salvation" is false.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Here we see Phillip preaching to a non - Jewish audience.

“And Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and proclaimed unto them the Christ. And the multitudes gave heed with one accord unto the things that were spoken by Philip, when they heard, and saw the signs which he did. For from many of those that had unclean spirits, they came out, crying with a loud voice: and many that were palsied, and that were lame, were healed. And there was much joy in that city.”
??Acts? ?8:5-8? ?ASV??
http://bible.com/12/act.8.5-8.asv

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
“And the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. And Philip ran to him, and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? And he said, How can I, except some one shall guide me? And he besought Philip to come up and sit with him. Now the passage of the scripture which he was reading was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; And as a lamb before his shearer is dumb, So he openeth not his mouth: In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: His generation who shall declare? For his life is taken from the earth. And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other? And Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this scripture, preached unto him Jesus. And as they went on the way, they came unto a certain water; and the eunuch saith, Behold, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?”
??Acts? ?8:29-36? ?ASV??
http://bible.com/12/act.8.29-36.asv

Jerry Shugart

“And as they went on the way, they came unto a certain water; and the eunuch saith, Behold, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?”

Of course you left out this part:

"And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God" (Acts 8:36-37).​

The same exact thing Paul preached to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God...proving that this is the very Christ" (Acts 9:20,22).​

That was the same gospel which Paul continued to preach to the Jews:

"And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ" (Acts17:2,30).​

That is the same message that Apollos preached to the Jews:

"For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publicly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus is Christ" (Acts18:28).​

So we can clearly see that the central message that was preached to the Jews is the fact that it is Jesus Who is the Christ, the Son of God.

Jerry Shugart

You got it wrong when you continue to throw your reason to the wind and assert that at Luke 9:6 the Twelve were preaching a gospel based on the Lord Jesus' death upon the Cross despite the fact that at that time they didn't even know he was going to die!

At least you are good for a laugh every now and then!

dodge

11 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face because he stood condemned.
12 For before certain ones came from James, he had been eating with the Gentiles. But when they came, he was drawing back and was separating himself, being afraid of those of the circumcision.
And also the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically with him, so that, by their hypocrisy, even Barnabas was carried away.
14 But when I saw that they are not walking in line according to the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before all, “If you being a Jew live like a Gentile, and not like a Jew, why do you compel the Gentiles to Judaize?
15 WE JEWS by birth and not ‘sinners’ of the Gentiles,
nevertheless [our] knowing that a man is NOT justified by works of law, except through faith from Jesus Christ, even WE have believed in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith from Christ, and not by works of the Law, because by works of the Law not any flesh will be justified.

1. All that Paul indicates is that Peter used to eat with Gentile believers. When the ones from James came, he quit. Paul called them on their hypocrisy.

2. They, in a sense, forced the Gentiles observe Law by separating from them/not allowing Gentiles to eat with them, just like Jews had done for centuries before.

3. Paul makes it clear in v. 15-16 that Peter and the others knew a man is not justified by Law, so your statement about "lawkeeping for salvation" is false.

I have been told by some in MAD that the Jews had to have faith and keep the law while gentiles had to have faith alone to receive grace, which ever Peter lived after the way of the gentiles until other Jews showed up and he was called out by Paul for his hypocrisy.

Interplanner

You got it wrong when you continue to throw your reason to the wind and assert that at Luke 9:6 the Twelve were preaching a gospel based on the Lord Jesus' death upon the Cross despite the fact that at that time they didn't even know he was going to die!

At least you are good for a laugh every now and then!

You are wrong Jerry. You are totaly wrong as John shows how early the death of Christ was mentioned. But even in the synoptics; the lamb of God and sign of Jonah some to mind first.

What is broken about your hard drive that you only have 2 questions anymore? Hmmmm?

Did IT Israel and 1st century Israel know that Messiah would suffer?

Interplanner

"And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God" (Acts 8:36-37).​

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God...proving that this is the very Christ" (Acts 9:20,22).​

"And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ" (Acts17:2,30).​

"For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publicly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus is Christ" (Acts18:28).​

So we can clearly see that the central message that was preached to the Jews is the fact that it is Jesus Who is the Christ, the Son of God.

Which is the one Gospel Jerry. It is not another. There is no other message than the Christ would suffer and be resurrected and that was Jesus.

That's why no NT passage about this ever says in ( )s "this is a different message from the one about him being crucified."

You are more bogus than several of the club added together.

Did IT and 1st century Israel know that Messiah would suffer? Or did they suppress it?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

So the Ethiopian didn't need the gospel of Paul

musterion

I have been told by some in MAD that the Jews had to have faith and keep the law while gentiles had to have faith alone to receive grace, which ever Peter lived after the way of the gentiles until other Jews showed up and he was called out by Paul for his hypocrisy.

Don't go by what anybody says. Look it up for yourself. For example, compare what Paul says above about no one being justified by Law with what happened in Acts 21...

17When we arrived in Jerusalem, the brothers welcomed us joyfully. 18The next day, Paul went in with us to see James, and all the elders were present.19Paul greeted them and recounted one by one the things God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry.

20When they heard this, they glorified God. Then they said to Paul, “You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the Law. 21But they are under the impression that you teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or observe our customs. 22What then should we do? They will certainly hear that you have come.

23Therefore do what we advise you. There are four men with us who have taken a vow. 24Take these men, purify yourself along with them, and pay their expenses so they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know that there is no truth to these rumors about you, but that you also live in obedience to the Law.

25As for the Gentile believers, we have written them our decision that they must abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals, and from sexual immorality.”

26So the next day Paul took the men and purified himself along with them. Then he entered the temple to give notice of the date their purification would be complete and the offering would be made for each of them.

Dodge, can you please explain all of this, since MADs don't know what we are talking about?

How does this make sense after what Galatians 2 says happened at Antioch, which incident happened earlier, and after what Paul said about works of Law?

Square this circle for us, please, Dodge.

Teach us. Please?

Danoh

No, not you have been told.

Rather; what you have done with what you have been told.

What you too often prove you have done with what you have read - you have erroneously misread one thing or another into what you "have been told."

Just as you too often prove you have erroneously done with one word; phrase; passage of Scripture, or another, here and there.

The difference being that whereas one is able to address you directly here on a forum, in contrast to that; the Spirit now only "replies" to error by the same means by which He now teaches Truth - through HOW He used His Words in those men He inspired to write His Words down.

A very simple rule of Basic Reading Comprehension you too often demonstrate you have failed to follow.

Deuteronomy 17:18 And it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites:

Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Problem with that?

Hebrews 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Not that you are alone in that.

dodge

No, not you have been told.

Rather; what you have done with what you have been told.

What you too often prove you have done with what you have read - you have erroneously misread one thing or another into what you "have been told."

Just as you too often prove you have erroneously done with one word; phrase; passage of Scripture, or another, here and there.

The difference being that whereas one is able to address you directly here on a forum, in contrast to that; the Spirit now only "replies" to error by the same means by which He now teaches Truth - through HOW He used His Words in those men He inspired to write His Words down.

A very simple rule of Basic Reading Comprehension you too often demonstrate you have failed to follow.

Deuteronomy 17:18 And it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites:

Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Problem with that?

Hebrews 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Not that you are alone in that.

Got ya, only those who have accepted the error of MAD have this mystical wisdom,lol.

O great one then explain for us slow of wit and lacking mental awareness without the leading of the great ones in MAD how is it MADist cannot understand simple words like "world" and "whosoever" (John 3:16). Why is it that the Lord Jesus , Paul, and all of the Apostles taught "repentance" and yet the enlightened ones of the MAD ilk say and argue that those words do not mean what they say ?

How is it the enlightened ones of MAD cannot see nor understand that Peter preached the gospel of grace ?

How is it scripture teaches that the "spirit" taught all the Apostles the gospel of grace and yet the enlightened ones in MAD claim it did not happen that way ?

The faith Paul once destroyed he began to preach.We lowly peasants and slow of understanding believe that would have to mean that he was teaching the "same" faith that he before had tried to destroy.

You are so full of your own importance and what you believe you know that you have missed the simplicity of the gospel,and turned the gospel into a FORMULA that those in Christ do not accept nor recognize, and reject based on Paul's teaching as another gospel. Your loss not mine.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Got ya, only those who have accepted the error of MAD have this mystical wisdom,lol.

O great one then explain for us slow of wit and lacking mental awareness without the leading of the great ones in MAD how is it MADist cannot understand simple words like "world" and "whosoever" (John 3:16). Why is it that the Lord Jesus , Paul, and all of the Apostles taught "repentance" and yet the enlightened ones of the MAD ilk say and argue that those words do not mean what they say ?

How is it the enlightened ones of MAD cannot see nor understand that Peter preached the gospel of grace ?

How is it scripture teaches that the "spirit" taught all the Apostles the gospel of grace and yet the enlightened ones in MAD claim it did not happen that way ?

The faith Paul once destroyed he began to preach.We lowly peasants and slow of understanding believe that would have to mean that he was teaching the "same" faith that he before had tried to destroy.

You are so full of your own importance and what you believe you know that you have missed the simplicity of the gospel,and turned the gospel into a FORMULA that those in Christ do not accept nor recognize, and reject based on Paul's teaching as another gospel. Your loss not mine.
Galatians 2:7 KJV - How many gospels do you count there? You baby genius