Theology Club: MEANING of HEBREWS 6:1 ??

DAN P

It means that Jesus Christ called Paul to a new ministry with a gospel different from the one being preached by the 12. That gospel is known as the dispensation of the grace of God. And Paul's physical blindness was symbolic of his spiritual blindness and when the scales fell and his sight was restored it was symbolic of new spiritual sight, which he received through the filling of the Holy Spirit.

What of it?

Hi , and that is dispensation 101 !!

I say prove how SAUL WAS SAVED in Acts 9:6 and what does Acts 9:17-18 means !!

Here is how you will find out , READ my OP , on Acts 9:6 and learn how SAUL was saved ??

Bright Raven know about 1 Cor 12 !!

Sorry to drag B R into this sorry mess as Light House wants to mess with me ??

dan p

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Hi, and that is dispensation 101.

I asked you to show how Saul was saved in Acts 9:6 and what Acts 9:17-18 means.

Here is how you will find out: read my OP on Acts 9:6 and learn how Saul was saved.
I fixed it for you.

Do you see how posting with proper grammar makes your posts look better?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I say prove how SAUL WAS SAVED in Acts 9:6
dan p

You prove how from Paul's testimony outside of Acts 9. In Acts 9, he believed. Paul is the pattern for the body of Christ, and the first to enter into rest.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You prove how from Paul's testimony outside of Acts 9. In Acts 9, he believed. Paul is the pattern for the body of Christ, and the first to enter into rest.

Paul also sat at Peter's feet and learned about Jesus and confirmed the gospel with him. Paul is a pattern, but not the first one. Believers before Him were saved by the same gospel, same Jesus, same cross (not by faith+works, a known heresy in all disps).

Paul expanded the gospel to the Gentiles and fleshed out the details. This does not mean it was a different gospel than the preceding one (the cross is the only basis for the gospel; your works circ gospel adds to the blood of Jesus and is a denial of grace that precedes Paul because it is about Jesus, not his later conversion).

DAN P

Hi , Nick M , and I will be doing this proof in front of my assembly very soon as we have some Acts 9 and 13 believers in our assembly .

But they do not take a strong stand for Acts 9 !!

They say that it began in mid-Acts and the body of Christ began after Paul wrote his first espitle .

I will challege that very soon in our meetings !!

#1 , Where will those that believe in Grace , say that Grace began ??

#2 , Who was PROTOS/FIRST , BAPTIZO/PLACED into the Body of Christ , 1 Cor 12:13 !!

#3 , Where do we go tp prove that SAUL was the FIRST one Saved in the Body of Christ , 1 Tim 1:15 and 16 !!

#4 , Who was the FIRST one filled with HOLY SPIRIT Power in the Body of Christ , and it was Saul in Acts 9:17-18 !!

dan p

Last edited:

DAN P

Paul also sat at Peter's feet and learned about Jesus and confirmed the gospel with him. Paul is a pattern, but not the first one. Believers before Him were saved by the same gospel, same Jesus, same cross (not by faith+works, a known heresy in all disps).
).

Hi , godrulz , and just where is that verse where " Paul sat at Peter's feet and learned about Jesus ??

That is MOST Ridiculous statement you have made !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul had more Revelation and vision from Christ than Peter and 2 Cor 12:1, 7 , proves it .

1 Cor 9:1 say that Paul " have I not SEEN Jesus Christ the Lord ".

The word " SEEN " is in the Greek Perfect Tense , and it means that from the time Paul began to see the Jesus , Acts 9:6 , Paul would continually see Christ from then on .

It is alsp in the Indicative Mood , which it is a FACT !!

2 Peter 3:15 , even admits the what Paul writes is HARD to understand and in Gal 2:6 , in that meeting in Jerusalem , that Peter was also there , ADDED NOTHING TO ME !!

Just like you try to say , that there is ONE GOSPEL , you have Added wrong !!

DAN P

Last edited:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Paul did not know everything about the historical Jesus, His many teachings/sayings that were not recorded, etc. I concur that Paul had unique and specific revelation from the risen Lord Himself, but He also learned other things from Peter, James, Luke, etc. Likewise, Luke wrote much of his historical narrative from extant knowledge, not just supernatural revelation. Paul was out of action for years and was learning from the Apostles and Jesus, not either/or alone.

DAN P

Paul did not know everything about the historical Jesus, His many teachings/sayings that were not recorded, etc. I concur that Paul had unique and specific revelation from the risen Lord Himself, but He also learned other things from Peter, James, Luke, etc. Likewise, Luke wrote much of his historical narrative from extant knowledge, not just supernatural revelation. Paul was out of action for years and was learning from the Apostles and Jesus, not either/or alone.

Hi , and did you forget where that verse is " Paul sat at the feet of Peter to learn of Jesus ", as any good student of the word know it was GAMALIEL , in Acts 22:3 and not Peter !!

As usual , Acts 2 , are always off target !!

Haven't got a verse , have you ??

Paul was a Pharisee and in Contact with them as Saul , had documents to bring back all those who followed the WAY !!

In Phil 3:5 and 6 , Paul , as touching the Law a Pharisee and in verse 6 says as to the Law , Blameless .

Paul spoke more langauges , had more revelations, more special miracles , than Peter , and even Peter admits that what Paul writes is hard to understand as you have just proven to all !!

dan p

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why do you keep going on about Hebrews? You want to go on about James 2 also? Hebrews author says he was told by those that heard Jesus. That fully disqualifies Paul.

I request this thread be moved to the religion section, or locked.

DAN P

Why do you keep going on about Hebrews? You want to go on about James 2 also? Hebrews author says he was told by those that heard Jesus. That fully disqualifies Paul.

I request this thread be moved to the religion section, or locked.

Hi , because there is much interest on who wrote Hebrews , thats why ??

It is far easier to show that Paul wrote it than , Peter , Apollos or Barnabas , without a doubt , and Hebrews is a fascinating book !!

James it alot easier to show who wrote and why !!

So , go ahead with your Premise as to how Paul was Disqualifies ??

Gives us your Proof ??

dan p

godrulz

Hall of Fame
It is odd that MAD Dan would think Paul wrote Hebrews when most MAD have to reject that possibility.

Hebrews and Romans are fully Pauline and a contextualization of the gospel for different target groups (not different gospels). I am not saying Paul wrote Hebrews since this is highly debatable.

DAN P

It is odd that MAD Dan would think Paul wrote Hebrews when most MAD have to reject that possibility.

Hebrews and Romans are fully Pauline and a contextualization of the gospel for different target groups (not different gospels). I am not saying Paul wrote Hebrews since this is highly debatable.

Hi , why think it odd as I have met many that say Paul wrote Hebrews and even Hyper- Disp !!

Most Dispensationalist , have a difficuly time with Rom 11 as do Hyper-Disp , and I have read C R Stam book on Rom 11 , and he has trouble with Rom 11 , also !!

I am not MAD , I am Acts 9:6 , and MAD description is for those who are not Acts 9:6 !!

Where does it say that the People written to in Hebrews are CHRISTIANOS/CHRISTIANS ??

It is a New Covenant book that will be read during the Great Tribulation , I believe as we are to study the books written by Paul , in 1 COR 11:1 !!

dan p

DAN P

Hi , why think it odd as I have met many that say Paul wrote Hebrews and even Hyper- Disp !!

Most Dispensationalist , have a difficuly time with Rom 11 as do Hyper-Disp , and I have read C R Stam book on Rom 11 , and he has trouble with Rom 11 , also !!

I am not MAD , I am Acts 9:6 !!

Where does it say that the People written to in Hebrews are CHRISTIANOS/CHRISTIANS ??

It is a New Covenant book that will be read during the Great Tribulation , I believe as we are to study the books written by Paul , in 1 COR 11:1 !!

And since when is the New Covenant part of the Mystery that Paul preached , get real godrulz !!

dan p

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Hebrews does not contain Paul's standard greeting; Paul learned directly from Christ and the author of Hebrews learned from previous followers of Christ; Paul agreed with James, John and Cephas [Peter] that he would go to the Gentiles and they would go to the circumcision [Hebrews], as seen in Galatians 2.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Hebrews does not contain Paul's standard greeting; Paul learned directly from Christ and the author of Hebrews learned from previous followers of Christ; Paul agreed with James, John and Cephas [Peter] that he would go to the Gentiles and they would go to the circumcision [Hebrews], as seen in Galatians 2.

It is sheer speculation as to who wrote Hebrews. There is still a possibility that he did. The tradition of Pauline authorship is old and has not been decisively disproved. Origen is right that only God knows who wrote the book.

The style is not typical Pauline, but this is a subjective argument. It is not inconsistent with Pauline thought. Other possibilities are Barnabas, but this cannot be proved anymore than Paul can be disproved. Other more unlikely suggestions are Clement, Luke, Silvanus, Philip, Priscilla, Apollos. The bottom line is that it is inspired, canonical.

Paul was not in the good book of Jews. Given the purpose and target audience, Paul did not have to use his standard greeting.

Paul did learn directly from Christ, but he also learned from the disciples/apostles who walked with Jesus about the historical Jesus. He spent time hearing their stories and understanding historical details that were not directly revealed like the gospel, etc. (both/and, not either/or).

Paul reached Jews and Gentiles, but became the main one to expand the one gospel to the Gentiles. The others also reached Gentiles, but started out and continued a ministry to Jews.

Paul's background and credibility suit him to contextualize the revealed gospel to a Jewish or Gentile audience. Gal. 2:7 is a demarcation of ministry, NOT a proof text for two true gospels (consider Gk. use of Genitive here not brought out in KJV).

MAD is basically begging the question and reading a preconceived view into a few texts out of context. It does not exegete other texts properly or build a case on all relevant verses.

I realize this will get me a neg rep from Nick, a blah blah from LH, but I hope it helps some others.

So, Barnabas is a good possibility, but we cannot rule out Paul. MAD or non-MAD should not rise or fall on the authorship of the book, but the contents of the NT.

Romans and Hebrews are both great statements of the gospel with one being contextualized to a Jewish audience (OT references, etc.), while the other also had a Gentile bent (Rom. 1, etc.). Either way, Jew/Gentile are one in Christ/Body of Christ post-cross, not post-Paul.

DAN P

Hi , and though we may not all agree , will you agree that 2 Peter 3:15 say that Paul has written to the Jews ??

Peter does not name the book , but it is INTERNAL Evidence , that Paul did write to his brethren and I believe that is Hebrews !!

dan p

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Hi , and though we may not all agree , will you agree that 2 Peter 3:15 say that Paul has written to the Jews ??

Peter does not name the book , but it is INTERNAL Evidence , that Paul did write to his brethren and I believe that is Hebrews !!

dan p

Paul wrote other things that are not extant. We cannot prove or disprove the authorship of Hebrews, so we are all in the same boat and cannot be dogmatic.

It is odd for a MAD-type proponent to claim Hebrews as Pauline. For the traditional MAD types, if it could be proved that Hebrews was written by Paul, would that destroy the view?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Hi, and though we may not all agree, will you agree that 2 Peter 3:15 say that Paul has written to the Jews?

Peter does not name the book, but it is internal evidence, that Paul did write to his brethren and I believe that is Hebrews.

dan p
I agree Paul had written to that same audience to whom Peter was writing.

I do not assume it is an epistle included in canonical Scripture.

I also do not assume Paul wrote to them as he wrote to the Gentiles, but rather see the possibility it is as in Acts 15 when Paul spoke to them of his mission and gospel.

DAN P

I agree Paul had written to that same audience to whom Peter was writing.

I do not assume it is an epistle included in canonical Scripture.

I also do not assume Paul wrote to them as he wrote to the Gentiles, but rather see the possibility it is as in Acts 15 when Paul spoke to them of his mission and gospel.

Hi , and NONE of the writers of the Kingdom , never wrote , that tha Law had been set aside like Paul , in Galatians , Roman , Hebrews and in Acts 15:11 !!

This is what the Acts 2 , people can not also explain :

#1 , Gal 3:28 !!

#2 , Acts 15:11 !!

#3 , Heb 9:15 !!

Silence is golden , they say !!

dan p

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Hi, and none of the writers of the Kingdom, ever wrote, that the Law had been set aside like Paul, in Galatians, Romans, Hebrews and Acts 15:11!

This is what the Acts 2 , people can not also explain :

1. Gal 3:28
  2. Acts 15:11
  3. Heb 9:15
Silence is golden, they say.

dan p
Where in Hebrews is it stated the Law was set aside?