Middle wall ... gone

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
In Ephesians 2:18-19 Paul said, "For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God..."

Paul is saying that from God's point of view blood lineage is no longer a distinguishing factor between people. We realize the truth of this because everyone came from the union of Adam and his wife.

So where is Israel today? Obviously the NT makes clear that Israel is not determined by flesh. And yet Abraham was promised he would become a father of many nations.

In Genesis 17:4-7 it is written that God said, "As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you and you shall be a father of many nations. No longer shall your name be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham for I have made you a father of many nations. I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you and kings shall come from you. And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you in their generations for an everlasting covenant to be God to you and your descendants after you."

Where are these nations of God's everlasting covenant? Did God keep his word?

Since nations are no longer distinguished by flesh how would we know where the nations of Israel are today?

clefty

In Ephesians 2:18-19 Paul said, "For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God..."

Paul is saying that from God's point of view blood lineage is no longer a distinguishing factor between people...

https://biblethingsinbibleways.word...ition-misunderstandings-regarding-eph-214-16/

Those that continue to keep the terms of the promise are heirs of that promise...

Or are you still looking for foolish genealogies and silly bloodlines?

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Or are you still looking for foolish genealogies and sill bloodlines?

Paul is saying that from God's point of view blood lineage is no longer a distinguishing factor between people...

So what is? Is Abraham the father of many nations? And on what basis?

clefty

So what is? Is Abraham the father of many nations? And on what basis?

In Him there no longer is Jew or gentile...

By their fruit ye shall know them...His people hear His Word and Keep it...

Here are they that keep the God's commandments and the testimony of His Son...

Of course Abraham is father of many nations...but he is not the father of Adam

This remains about Adam and his Seed not just Abraham...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Of course Abraham is father of many nations...

Where are those nations today? Since the promises went through Isaac we can rule out the Arab nations.

Can we rule out any others? What about North Korea? In or out?

clefty

Where are those nations today? Since the promises went through Isaac we can rule out the Arab nations.

Can we rule out any others? What about North Korea? In or out?

Which promise again? There were many promises and components of them and the one that he will be a father of many nations includes Ishmael.

North Korea can be included if they become adopted heirs by their faith in the Seed of Adam through Abraham ...thus fulfilling the spiritual component.

And we would know as their fruit would resemble His...their life and love would be JUST AS His...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Which promise again? There were many promises and components of them and the one that he will be a father of many nations includes Ishmael.

OK, so which Arab nations do you believe are the nations of Israel?

You have North Korea as being one of the nations of Israel but there are twelve more besides North Korea.

Keep going. How about Iran? Is Iran one of the nations of Israel?

clefty

OK, so which Arab nations do you believe are the nations of Israel?

You have North Korea as being one of the nations of Israel but there are twelve more besides North Korea.

Keep going. How about Iran? Is Iran one of the nations of Israel?

The cross fulfilled promises to blood...as the blood Seed was rejected and killed in blood by its own blood...thus the vow and promise until death to that blood is complete...

No more sacrifice of blood is needed...

No more Greek or Jew in Him...

and yet here you are...Christian nationalist?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Genesis 17:15-16 KJV
(15) And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be.
(16) And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.

Abe and Sarah only had one child - Isaac.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Genesis 17:19-21 KJV
(19) And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
(20) And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.
(21) But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Genesis 21:10 KJV
(10) Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Genesis 21:13 KJV
(13) And also of the son of the bondwoman [Ishmael] will I make a nation, because he is thy seed.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The cross fulfilled promises to blood...as the blood Seed was rejected and killed in blood by its own blood...thus the vow and promise until death to that blood is complete...

So where are the nations of Abraham?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Paul is saying that from God's point of view blood lineage is no longer a distinguishing factor between people. We realize the truth of this because everyone came from the union of Adam and his wife.

So where is Israel today? Obviously the NT makes clear that Israel is not determined by flesh. And yet Abraham was promised he would become a father of many nations.

In Genesis 17:4-7 it is written that God said, "As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you and you shall be a father of many nations. No longer shall your name be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham for I have made you a father of many nations. I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you and kings shall come from you. And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you in their generations for an everlasting covenant to be God to you and your descendants after you."

Since nations are no longer distinguished by flesh how would we know where the nations of Israel are today?
No

TweetyBird

The nations of Abraham are all those who come from the nations and are in Christ Jesus.

Gal 3
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. 8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. 9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The nations of Abraham are all those who come from the nations and are in Christ Jesus.

And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you in their generations for an everlasting covenant to be God to you and your descendants after you.​

God's covenant with Abraham was renewed with Isaac and then with Jacob.

Jacob made predictions about the future of his sons who would become nations.

The congregations of Jesus Christ do not comprise a nation of the world, no representation in the U.N.

Who and where are the nations representing Jacob's sons?

TweetyBird

And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you in their generations for an everlasting covenant to be God to you and your descendants after you.​

God's covenant with Abraham was renewed with Isaac and then with Jacob.

Jacob made predictions about the future of his sons who would become nations.

The congregations of Jesus Christ do not comprise a nation of the world, no representation in the U.N.

Who and where are the nations representing Jacob's sons?

All believers. The nations of Abraham was not intended to be ethnic according to Gal 3. It is all nations - those from all the nations of the world who come to Christ for salvation and become part of His body of believers. There is no Jew or Gentile in Christ. All who believe are part of the Household of God in Christ. All who believe are citizens of Heaven. All who believe are a holy nation of God/Jesus.

And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The nations of Abraham was not intended to be ethnic...

Was that Jesus' understanding of Genesis?

In Matthew 19:28 Jesus said, "Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

In Luke 22:29-30 Jesus said, "And I bestow upon you a kingdom, just as My Father bestowed one upon Me, that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

What nations on earth represent these twelve tribes?

TweetyBird

Was that Jesus' understanding of Genesis?

In Matthew 19:28 Jesus said, "Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

In Luke 22:29-30 Jesus said, "And I bestow upon you a kingdom, just as My Father bestowed one upon Me, that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

What nations on earth represent these twelve tribes?

All those who believe on Jesus Christ for salvation is the nation that bears fruit. There is no more a literal physical ethnic nation. The kingdom was taken from the Jews and given to a nation that bears fruit. Those in Christ are that nation. All the nations of the world are blessed - because people from every nation have come and are coming to Christ.

All twelve tribes joined together as one, around 450BC, and were once again called the House of Israel/the Jews.

Also, there are 24 thrones in Heaven besides Jesus/God's. There is no mention of the 12 thrones of the 12 tribes of Israel in Rev. Plus, which apostles are those 12 going to be - and which 12 tribes?

John 11
49 And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all, 50 nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not. 51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation; 52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The kingdom was taken from the Jews...

Only a fraction of Israel were ever Jews. Judaism began during the Babylonian exile. The destruction of the Temple required a modified religion.

Israel was long gone before the capture of the people in Judea.

Why can't you discuss Israel instead of Jews?