moderator malfeasance

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMJerusha

Yup. Same thing, "according to all Your name" meaning His Word is His bond by His very name.

Not as Catholics, any more than any Baptist or Presbyterian will be there because they belong to either of those groups, or to any other. If anyone is there, it will be because they believed the Gospel of the grace of God, which Rome has anathematized. So...if all Catholics ar trusting what ROME says must be done to be saved, and since Rome anathematized, denied and replaced the Gospel of grace...no, there will be no Catholics in heaven. If any of them believe the Gospel of grace, it will be in spite of Rome, not because of it, so the phrasing of your question is inaccurate.

The criteria is faith in God and Yeshua and fruit of the Ruach, not belief in the "Gospel of grace". And you're right, it doesn't matter if one is Catholic or of any other Christian faith expression.

Out of the mouth speaks the overflow of the heart. A person's testimony of what they believe regarding what we must do to be saved is a foolproof indicator of whether they're justified by God or condemned by Him. No judging is involved, it's simply comparing what they believe with what the Bible already says.

Right in a way and wrong in another. A person's testimony to God, Yeshua and Ruach HaKodesh manifested in their lives is proof of their faith and the judging of their hearts and rewards accordingly belongs solely to God and Yeshua. I don't know anyone who testifies to the evil God has done in their lives and that is what that verse is about, recognizing evil by the evil coming from them.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There's a story behind that, I'm sure but I won't press for it. :nono:

Two of my brothers used to post here for a short time, but they both lost interest. OEJack, while not my biological brother, would be more than welcome at any of my family functions.

IMJerusha

Two of my brothers used to post here for a short time, but they both lost interest. OEJack, while not my biological brother, would be more than welcome at any of my family functions.

Awesome, thanks for bringing me up to speed, Delmar!

IMJerusha

Okay, I'll say this and drop it.

Non-literalists may claim to respect literalists but in my experience, there is NO ONE in all of Christendom they hold more deeply in contempt. Your pastor friend's joke is highly focused and targeted...but whatever.

Well, he's a Southern Baptist pastor and a Kentuckian to boot. That makes for a unique POV. :chuckle: He would give me the shirt off his back and has helped our family quite a bit. I suppose we could choose to take offense but then there is so much friendship we'd miss out on. It's kind of like here at TOL. It's really not important what other peoples focus is but rather what my focus is. I want more from TOL than an argument and a handful of angry folks and I want the same from the people more closely associated to me. Like now, I choose to see your points on this matter as concern for me and I appreciate that you have this level of concern considering you really don't know me from Adam. It's nice, thank you! :)

IMJerusha

Same here, ive had many friends in and attended many different churches in my life, and you are still the ONLY non catholic i have EVER seen make such a claim.

Gosh, that makes me an oddball! :noid: ....or you need to get out more. :chuckle: Well, don't get to thinking that I'm Catholic because I'm not and never have been. There's too much of that doctrine I don't agree with but I still consider them of the Body and will treat them accordingly.

musterion

Well, he's a Southern Baptist pastor and a Kentuckian to boot. That makes for a unique POV. :chuckle: He would give me the shirt off his back and has helped our family quite a bit. I suppose we could choose to take offense but then there is so much friendship we'd miss out on. It's kind of like here at TOL. It's really not important what other peoples focus is but rather what my focus is. I want more from TOL than an argument and a handful of angry folks and I want the same from the people more closely associated to me. Like now, I choose to see your points on this matter as concern for me and I appreciate that you have this level of concern considering you really don't know me from Adam. It's nice, thank you! :)

Does he consider himself a literalist? If so, his joke was ironic, and understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.