More liberal censorship

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Street Preachers Discriminated Against and Arrested for Preaching at Princeton Train Station

TRENTON, N.J. — Attorneys for The Rutherford Institute are planning to appeal the dismissal of a First Amendment lawsuit involving two street preachers who were charged with trespass and obstruction of justice and arrested for allegedly refusing police orders to cease proselytizing at a Princeton train station.

In coming to the defense of evangelical preachers Don Karns and Robert Parker, Rutherford Institute attorneys are challenging as discriminatory an alleged policy by the New Jersey Transit Corporation (NJTC), enforced by the NJTC police, that requires religious speakers to acquire a permit in order to engage in non-commercial speech at the station while waiving the requirement for political speakers.

To read the rest of the article, click HERE.

alwight

If I were a Princeton commuter being aggressively preached at from the opposite platform, I might well choose to come prepared with a few rotten tomatoes before asking where their permit was. :plain:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Of course you would. You're a liberal. How many Christians would pelt you with tomatoes if you preached atheism in public? The answer would be zero. I think it has to do with class as much as anything else.

Tyrathca

And yet no one did anything to that preacher, or the vast vast majority of innumerable christian's out there who do the same thing. But I wonder how long a Muslim would last trying to do that same preaching?

alwight

Of course you would. You're a liberal. How many Christians would pelt you with tomatoes if you preached atheism in public? The answer would be zero. I think it has to do with class as much as anything else.
I'm someone who thinks that well educated and informed people will come to their own conclusions given the evidence and facts and don't need to be preached at in public places, particularly as a captive audience waiting for their train.
Those who actually do want to be preached to can always go find a preacher of their own choice in their own time. :plain:

I wouldn't dream of annoying those simply trying to go about their daily commute with my own personal beliefs. If I ever do then I give permission to anyone who wants to pelt me with tomatoes.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
If I were a Princeton commuter being aggressively preached at from the opposite platform, I might well choose to come prepared with a few rotten tomatoes before asking where their permit was. :plain:

Perfect example of how much liberals respect the Constitution.
They'd try to roll over the whole thing if you gave them a matchbox car.

I'm not even going to post the several videos I've seen of different varieties of liberals trying to hem protesters up on a 'permit' tattle tale thing (and failing) :rolleyes: