More police murdered....Baton Rouge

andyc

Maybe...just maybe, a "criminal" acquired one on the black market, no? The over reaction is yours, and you certainly haven't thought this one out, you are allowing emotion to squelch reason. Attempting to control law abiding citizens from acquiring legal weapons will not stop criminality.

Not at all. From what were hearing, police officers are dead as a result of someone/s firing a machine gun. If that is the case, the public have access to crazy high powered weaponry. Now it's true that gun control is not going to happen anytime soon, I understand that, but every effort should be taken to remove the kind of weapons we're seeing used on Police lately in the states.
If I lived in America, I'd probably own a gun to protect my home, but what in the world do people need high powered rifles and semi automatic weapons for?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
A fine hunting rifle makes a good sniper rifle. We would not want to take them away from hunters. What we need to do settle the motivational issue, not limit the arms used.

I will agree about machine guns, yet they are not used very often.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Something went wrong here and duplicated my post.

I will add, these 'race' issues should have been worked out by now, something is wrong here? maybe the media flames out to have something to report.

Shame shame, good news is no news, what a shame!

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Not at all. From what were hearing, police officers are dead as a result of someone/s firing a machine gun.

Were they shot by law abiding citizens with a machine gun? Are machine guns legal to possess under current gun laws? Is a person a criminal when possessing an illegal firearm? Just curious..

If that is the case, the public have access to crazy high powered weaponry.

They are already illegal for the average citizen to own so, what is your point?

Now it's true that gun control is not going to happen anytime soon, I understand that, but every effort should be taken to remove the kind of weapons we're seeing used on Police lately in the states.

Wrong! Gun control already exists, I have already explained that machine guns are a regulated article, and I am not sure how taking guns from law abiding citizens will equate to less criminals using illegal machine guns on cops..if that is truly the case. Criminals do not care about laws, or gun control they acquire what they need illegally to break the law.

If I lived in America, I'd probably own a gun to protect my home, but what in the world do people need high powered rifles and semi automatic weapons for?

Well there is the problem, you are not even an American, you probably live in a gun control country and somehow think that only criminals, terrorists, or the government should have them...how is that working in France? Belgium, Europe in general? High powered rifles are used by law abiding citizens for sport, hunting, hobby, and of course self defense...why should law abiding citizens be out gunned by criminals? Just silly.

andyc

Obviously there ought to be preventative measures in place to keep people from aquiring illegal weapons. In the UK it is 5 years in prison for possession of firearms. Yes I live in the UK and am happy about the gun laws here, but after spending a lot of time in the states, I understand that the same law wouldnt work over there. I've been to ranges in America and fired mutiple different guns. Glocks, magnums etc. And I would buy a gun if I lived in the states. However, hunting rifles should be banned in my opinion. So Americans would lose a hobby, not a big deal. And many lives would be spared.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Apparently machine gun fire was heard. More crazy weapons in the hands of the American public.

They're are actively resisting what they feel is tyranny right now. You all don't care when police kill people, even after having heard their protest, so they have taken matters into their own hands.

It's YOU ALLS fault. You NEED to take same damn accountability for your indifference.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
More police murdered....Baton Rouge

Obviously there ought to be preventative measures in place to keep people from aquiring illegal weapons. In the UK it is 5 years in prison for possession of firearms. Yes I live in the UK and am happy about the gun laws here, but after spending a lot of time in the states, I understand that the same law wouldnt work over there. I've been to ranges in America and fired mutiple different guns. Glocks, magnums etc. And I would buy a gun if I lived in the states. However, hunting rifles should be banned in my opinion. So Americans would lose a hobby, not a big deal. And many lives would be spared.

That is where you are wrong people who hunt are not hunting people criminals will always aquire guns and will always hurt other people. I would not give up my rifles... Ever!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So crazy weapons should only be brandished by criminals? Or maybe you think (wrongly) that gun control on the majority of law abiding citizens will keep said crazy weapons from those determined to kill? Your liberal argument is not only false but, absurd... Kind of like banning big trucks will keep people determined to use them to kill will eliminate trucks being used as weapons. your nuts...:kookoo:

AndycnoTruth isn't known for his intelligence.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Glad to hear that. Stay there.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
So crazy weapons should only be brandished by criminals? Or maybe you think (wrongly) that gun control on the majority of law abiding citizens will keep said crazy weapons from those determined to kill? Your liberal argument is not only false but, absurd... Kind of like banning big trucks will keep people determined to use them to kill will eliminate trucks being used as weapons. your nuts...:kookoo:
Police are being "outgunned" by individuals, often with military training, who have returned from the Middle East unable to reintegrate into American society.

The NRA "mantra" has been that an armed public acts as a deterrent to crime - but Baton Rouge and Dallas provide classic examples that even trained, armed police were overmatched in these kinds of encounters.

Having over 300 million guns in the hands of private citizens isn't part of the solution, but the basis for the problem!

Trump's attempt to score political points by undermining the authority of the leadership trying to calm the nation is just another in a long list of reprehensible acts!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Baton Rouge Shooter Gavin Eugene Long Was Nation Of Islam Member, Railed Against ‘Crackers’ On YouTube Channel [VIDEO]

A Youtube account operated by Gavin Eugene Long and discovered by The Daily Caller reveals key insight into what might have motivated the 29-year-old black man who killed three Baton Rouge police officers Sunday morning.

Videos on Long’s account show that he was a former Nation of Islam member. He also ranted against “crackers” and made references to Alton Sterling, the black man killed by police in Baton Rouge on July 5.

Other information about Long shows that the Kansas City native, who CBS reported was honorably discharged from the Marines in 2010, went by the name Cosmo Ausar Setepenra.

In one video filmed from Houston and posted to Long’s Youtube account on July 12, the suspected guman discusses being in the Marines and reaching the rank of E-5.

Long, who was reportedly carrying a rifle and wearing all-black attire when he confronted police, posted several videos within recent weeks discussing various police-involved shootings.

“If I would have been there with Alton — clap,” Long says in a video posted on July 14.
A Youtube account operated by Gavin Eugene Long and discovered by The Daily Caller reveals key insight into what might have motivated the 29-year-old black man who killed three Baton Rouge police officers Sunday morning.

Videos on Long’s account show that he was a former Nation of Islam member. He also ranted against “crackers” and made references to Alton Sterling, the black man killed by police in Baton Rouge on July 5.

Other information about Long shows that the Kansas City native, who CBS reported was honorably discharged from the Marines in 2010, went by the name Cosmo Ausar Setepenra.

In one video filmed from Houston and posted to Long’s Youtube account on July 12, the suspected guman discusses being in the Marines and reaching the rank of E-5.

Long, who was reportedly carrying a rifle and wearing all-black attire when he confronted police, posted several videos within recent weeks discussing various police-involved shootings.

“If I would have been there with Alton — clap,” Long says in a video posted on July 14.

In the video, Long met with several men he seemed to not have known prior to their encounter. He promotes a book he wrote and discusses black liberation ideology.

“I wrote it for my dark-skinned brothers,” Long said of his book.

“If you look at all the rebels like Black Panthers, Huey P. Newton, Malcolm X…Elijah Muhammad, they was light-skinned. But we know how hard y’all got it,” Long continued.

Phone numbers on buildings in the video show that it was filmed in Baton Rouge. Calls placed to the numbers were not answered because they were out of service.

“I just got here I’m not really into the protesting. I do education because that’s our real freedom,” he is heard telling two men in the video.

He called protesting “emotional” and “for the women.”

In the video Long is heard lamented “working for the white people.” He encouraged one man riding in his vehicle as he filmed using a body camera to shop only at black-owned businesses. He brought up a hypothetical scenario in which a family member who wanted to buy carpet was forced to buy from non-black business owners.

“Who’s she going to **** with? The cracker, the Arab, the Chinese,” Long says in the video.

“These Arabs, these Indians, they don’t give two ****s about us.”

Law enforcement officials said Sunday that the shooting does not appear to have been race-related. At least one of the officers killed in the attack was black. Officials are still investigating whether Long acted alone. Initial reports said that three men may have been involved.

Long also appears to have been in Dallas in the days after Micah X. Johnson killed five police officers during protests there earlier this month. Like Long, Johnson had also served in the military and was affiliated with the radical black liberation movement.

“It’s justice. You know what I’m saying?” Long said in one video defending Johnson’s attack.

“If I’m peaceful protesting…I know they would try to arrest me, and I would die right there because you’re not going to kidnap me. I know my rights, but I stand on my rights. That’s what separates me, that’s why they’re afraid of me,” he says in his video from Dallas.

In other recordings Long analyzed the case of Sandra Bland, the black woman who was arrested by a Texas highway patrolman last year and killed herself in jail three days later.

Another video on Long’s Youtube account is of a man named Myron May discussing a conspiracy theory called gang-stalking.

People who believe they are victims of gang-stalking — they call themselves “targeted individuals” — believe that groups of government agents are tracking them at all times and attempting to manipulate their actions.

In Nov. 2014 May shot three people at the Florida State University library before being fatally shot by police. It was later revealed that May, who was black, believed that he was being stalked by government agents.

Long believed he was also a “targeted individual.” In one Internet posting discussing gang-stalking, Long offered what he said were solutions for people who believed they were victims of gangstalking.

He wrote:

Lets all start:
1. Wearing Body Camera’s

2. Before you move into neighborhood, put every house on notice to what gang stalking is with link’s to websites & videos & program names. And Let them know your situation, standing & your philosophy on life

3. Start telling the companies’s, worker’s, & managers & owners that we are going to expose your involvement and rate your poor performances & games on the internet on sites like Yelp, Google Map’s & the Yellow Pages etc. as horrible service & accessories to Gang Stalking. (Not only will this spread the word to others who view the businesses, but will inform fellow T.I.s as well)

Long, who operated a self-motivation website called “Convos with Cosmo,” also appears to have tweeted hours before the attack unfolded.

In one video posted in recent weeks, Long left a cryptic message that may have foretold Sunday’s attack. And though he said he was once a member of the Nation of Islam, the radical sect led by Louis Farrakhan, Long also said that he had no affiliations with outside groups.

“I thought my own thoughts. I made my own decisions. I’m the one who’s got to listen the judgement. That’s it. And my heart is pure,” he said.

“If anything happens with me, because I’m an alpha male, I stand up, I stand firm, I stand for mine, until the end,” he said.

“Yeah, I also was a Nation of Islam member. Don’t affiliate me with it. Don’t affiliate me with anything.”

Law enforcement officials have reportedly said that Long was a member of a sovereign citizen movement. The Wall Street Journal reported that he was a member of a group called the New Freedom Group. There are no references to the group online.

Long’s Youtube account reveals at least some interest in the sovereign citizen movement. He “liked” a video from sovereign citizen activist Larken Rose entitled “When Should You Shoot A Cop?”

The video has been removed from youtube.

"The YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement." Just like good liberals, this video has been removed to protect the thug and whitewash the news.