Most Christians sin every time they pray

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Time for more slings and arrows to be headed my way.

Hebrews 4:16 commands us to come boldly to the throne of grace but most Christians sin against that verse by continually using the timid word, "just."

"Lord, we just ask you this and we just ask you that."

It's literally impossible to use the timid word "just" in prayer without sinning against Hebrews 4:16.

Last edited:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
There are different meanings for "just."
When you hear a Christian pray in church or a home bible study or wherever and you hear "Lord, we just ask you this and we just ask you that" what do you think they mean by that word?

I think God loves all sincere prayer
He had no requirement to honor ignorant prayers when one is in a position to know better, anymore than He is bound to hear the sincere peritions of the lost.

I didn't say any of that. All I said is, I think God loves all sincere prayer. That's what I think.

This is why I usually do not post about religion. Someone is always ready to argue some ridiculous point. I'm out of here

musterion

I didn't say any of that. All I said is, I think God loves all sincere prayer. That's what I think.

This is why I usually do not post about religion. Someone is always ready to argue some ridiculous point. I'm out of here

Saying that God does not think highly of ignorance when He's given His word rightly divided is a ridiculous point?

Yeah, you go on with your bad self.

Arial

Hebrews 4:16 commands us to come boldly to the throne of grace but most Christians sin against that verse by continually using the timid word, "just."

It's literally impossible to use the timid word "just" in prayer without sinning against Hebrews 4:16.
That has always been one of my pet peeves too. Only with an added "we just want to ask you". I always think to myself---"just do it, instead of announcing to God that you want to do it, and then proceeding to do it. However, God remembers that we are made of dust and the Holy Spirit intercedes for us according to the will of the Father. I think in part that means, He cleans up those things of our fallen nature that creep into our prayers as well, with the righteousness of Christ.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
However, God remembers that we are made of dust and the Holy Spirit intercedes for us according to the will of the Father. I think in part that means, He cleans up those things of our fallen nature that creep into our prayers as well, with the righteousness of Christ.
Reminds me of Romans 8:26 - "Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To be honest, praying has been kind of an issue with me. I feel like I talk to God all day. Is that considered a prayer life? Paul says to continue to pray without ceasing. Does that mean to continually get together with other believers and pray together? Does it mean to keep a conversation going with Him throughout the day? Does it mean planning a quiet time to go alone in a bedroom to pray? Or all of the above. When I talk to God throughout the day, it feels natural as if I’m talking to Him right beside me. If I set aside a specific quiet time, sometimes it feels more formal. Which does He like better? Or does He like both?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
To be honest, praying has been kind of an issue with me. I feel like I talk to God all day. Is that considered a prayer life? Paul says to continue to pray without ceasing. Does that mean to continually get together with other believers and pray together? Does it mean to keep a conversation going with Him throughout the day? Does it mean planning a quiet time to go alone in a bedroom to pray? Or all of the above. When I talk to God throughout the day, it feels natural as if I’m talking to Him right beside me. If I set aside a specific quiet time, sometimes it feels more formal. Which does He like better? Or does He like both?
Bob Enyart's former pastor, Bob Hill, would agree with your current lifestyle based on this quote from him...

"Therefore, my goal is by faith, to walk with God. I believe that means we should constantly commune with God and be aware of His presence in everything that we do. When we do this, He performs the miracle of the Christian life in our lives."

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bob Enyart's former pastor, Bob Hill, would agree with your current lifestyle based on this quote from him...

"Therefore, my goal is by faith, to walk with God. I believe that means we should constantly commune with God and be aware of His presence in everything that we do. When we do this, He performs the miracle of the Christian life in our lives."
Good words.

We’ve been listening to a lot of Bob Hill lately. What a knowledgable man he was. The Lord gave him incredible insight to the Bible. I owe a lot of the peace I now have as a Christian to him. Bob Enyart is the one I listened to for many years but I know he studied under Bob Hill. So that’s why we recently started to delve into his radio shows from way back when.

marke

I met a man at a burger joint one time who was driving a van with religious stickers all over it. I was impressed by his openness in preaching the Gospel. He had a quirk, however. Not long into our conversation, he delved into what was obviously his favorite Biblical "doctrine." He quoted
Matthew 6:6
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

and then proceeded to condemn all human praying that was not done inside a closet. I did not agree with his strange private interpretation of scripture.