Movie theater shooter in Germany

musterion

Up to 50 injured or killed.

"Let's be clear: At some point, we as a country will have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries."

Know what lying idiot said that?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

"Let's be clear: At some point, we as a country will have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries."

:think:

CherubRam

Who would say such a stupid thing?

CherubRam

Story Quote: "And police could not immediately confirm whether the weapon was genuine."

What! Have the Germans become stupid all of a sudden?

Selaphiel

Musterion said:

Maybe you should wait for the facts to settle before making your arguments?

Telegraph said:
German authorities also confirmed that no hostages were injured.

Telegraph said:
Mr Beuth, the Hesse state interior minister, has responded to reports that the weapon was a "gas or stun gun."

He said police could not confirm whether the weapon was a genuine firearm.

You think that people who advocate gun control is saying that increased gun control means that there will never be any murder sprees EVER? You are basically committing a massive confirmation bias fallacy. Single cases are not interesting, statistics and trends are. I might as well claim that there is no need to play offensive soccer, because teams playing with a constant 10 player defense have scored goals in some matches.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Sit+in+waaaahhhh+democracy+didn+t+work+in+my+favor_5f5dbf_5954724.jpg

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
As a sole argument for gun control, no. As one in countless shootings like that in the US as well as the insane homicide by firearm rate of the US, it does.

As one witness said:

"This is something very unusual for our town. I've never seen anything like that. I never want to see anything like that again."

American Christian right wing exceptionalism gets pretty ugly when it rejoices in the misfortunes of anyone in their outgroup.