MUSK BUYS TWITTER!

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Blancmange.
I know "blanc" is a word for the color, white. Is "mange" a word for a flag? Are you trying to signal that you, too, know you've failed at your game and are now giving up? Oh...I get it...it's a dessert, and you are using it as an allegory for your intention to now desert your post in the war you're losing here.

marke

A right-wing male prostitute? Well, that would be par for the course. But he sounds more like @marke to me:

David DePape posted links on his Facebook page to multiple videos produced by My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell falsely alleging that the 2020 election was stolen. Other posts included transphobic images and linked to websites claiming Covid vaccines were deadly. “The death rates being promoted are what ever ‘THEY’ want to be promoted as the death rate,” one post read.

DePape also posted links to YouTube videos with titles like “Democrat FARCE Commission to Investigate January 6th Capitol Riot COLLAPSES in Congress!!!” and “Global Elites Plan To Take Control Of YOUR Money! (Revealed)”

Democrats staged the meetings between Trump associates and foreigners in a failed effort to frame Trump for collusion. Democrats set the stage for the Jan 6 violence and incited the violence by paid democrat operatives in the crowd. There are several suspicious aspects of the reported hammer attack. First, Mr. Pelosi called the police to report the attacker. Where was the regular security detail? The attack did not actually take place until cops were inside the residence and asked the stooge to lay down the hammer. It sounds like everyone was sitting around waiting for the cops to show up so the attack could begin. Why did the cops not just take the hammer away instead of asking the deranged rube to drop it?

The homosexual 'attacker' set up a social media account that posted alleged right-wing dogma 1 month before the attack in a strange turn from his years of left-wing support. Mr. Pelosi "appeared to have been knocked unconscious" but the elderly man was treated and released from the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, suggesting the attack was not intensely violent.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Mr. Pelosi "appeared to have been knocked unconscious" but the elderly man was treated and released from the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, suggesting the attack was not intensely violent.

He's still in the hospital, recovering after brain surgery for skull fracture and treatment for injuries to his hand and arm. He's 82, and these injuries in an elderly person bring related risks. Of course you're praying for his full recovery and you're very alarmed at how MAGA and Q conspiracies are culminating in real-life violence.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
He's still in the hospital, recovering after brain surgery for skull fracture and treatment for injuries to his hand and arm. He's 82, and these injuries in an elderly person bring related risks. Of course you're praying for his full recovery and you're very alarmed at how MAGA and Q conspiracies are culminating in real-life violence.
The people who put dangerous things into Halloween candy decades ago, were out of their mind.

When people are out of their mind, it's not because the political rhetoric is on a 10-pt scale, an 11. People who are out of their mind are just out of their mind. Like suicides:

You can't hold yourself responsible for people who are out of their mind. There's no accounting for what they'll do, ever. They're out of their mind. That's the explanation. It's the only explanation.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
A right-wing male prostitute? Well, that would be par for the course....
Of course...Okay, it's been alleged that we have video of the guy walking onto the property and breaking the door pane in with the hammer.

:unsure: As soon as I see it I'll buy that none of the alarm systems were operational and when he broke in the tempered laminated-glass panel on that very expensive door; he pulled the glass and panes *out* rather than pushing them in. I won't question the obvious cacophony of noise this all would have caused and wonder how this guy got so far into the house without 911 being called or some security response prior.

The rest of the questions could be answered by random craziness I guess...But what would have had to transpire for nut-boy to get in so easily does not jive with reality. Who knows....Perhaps Paul and Nancy spend all that money on security to not use it.

Let's see that video...In fact, in that neighborhood there should be dozens of them. :)

marke

Godless reprobates commit violence, not Bible-believing, God-honoring Christians. "Right-wingers" are not known for looting, burning, cop-killing, and violence, the ungodly are. Nancy Pelosi claimed she and other democrats and their families were in danger of violence from loonies like those who shot Steve Scalise, attempted to murder Brett Kavanaugh and his family, murdered 5 cops in Dallas, and who shot up the Family Research Council in DC, so why was not the Pelosi house under guarded security? Did the life-long leftist attacker suddenly turn right-wing radical, break in, wake up Mr. Pelosi, wait for him to call the police ,and then wait for the police to show up and order him to drop the hammer before he attacked? Something is not right with this scenario.

Right Divider

Body part
You're just like the climate loonies that blame every weather incident on "man-made CO2".

Last edited:

7djengo7

You're just like the climate loonies that blame every weather incident on "mad-made CO2".

And those marked as conspirators by that leftard conspiracy theory happen to be every exhaling man, woman, and child on earth...with the exception, of course, of the self-righteous, elitist loons who peddle it and asininely call it "science". These latter natually being themselves somehow exempt from any blame in their "climate change" conspiracy theory, for each of the rest of us serfs to be breathing out CO2 is literally for us to be conSPIRators against "the climate".

Last edited:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
That's not necessarily true. I think social media usage is evolving - or devolving - into smaller and smaller pieces as people's attention spans become smaller and smaller. The trend is to video over text, as TikTok has taken over everything.

But TikTok, as I've seen it through observing other people use it, since I'm not a user, seems quite passive. In that endless scrolling you can like it or share it, but how much do people actually engage with it with an exchange of words? It doesn't seem like much.

Coincidentally, a newsletter arrived this morning in my inbox from a writer who specializes in technology and media, Charlie Warzel. He was talking about a "geriatric social media" and he makes some good points. Here are a few:

There are a few things that I think are probably going on, instead. The first is that some platforms just have a natural network decay. Facebook was, at first, novel and exclusive (I got an invite from a friend who was in college! Very exciting!). Then, it grew and took on a different kind of utility (you could find all kinds of people on it from your past, or whom you met at a party!). Soon, every human you knew was on it, and, overnight, it morphed into a lot of people’s main news source. The loudest, angriest people—many of whom didn’t quite understand how to talk to people online—made it an unpleasant place to be, so a lot of people left or stopped engaging, and the loudest voices got louder.​
The same thing is happening on Twitter. One thing I’ve noticed a lot is that a lot of my favorite power users have become power lurkers. They haven’t given up the platform, but they realize that posting is mostly a losing game full of professional liabilities, endless and futile fights, and diminishing returns. And that’s grim because, for those who do post, we’re much more likely to encounter the loudest, angriest, most politically charged voices in response, which in turn makes the place less fun to be around!​
The second factor is the predictability of online discourse. Even if you strip away the toxicity and political polarization and the overlapping polycrisis that is being alive in 2022, it’s hard to deny that a lot of us have been logging into the same platforms that have many of the same quirks, communities, and rhythms for years. We’ve all been at the party for a long time! There’s something lovely and comforting about that, but also something that’s exhausting and boring, too.
I’ve been thinking a lot about this line from Ezra Klein about Elon Musk regarding Twitter. The gist is that Musk is the ultimate player of the game of Twitter, and now he’s purchased the arcade. “He will have won the game,” Klein writes. “And nothing loses its luster quite like a game that has been beaten.” Now, only one person gets to buy Twitter, but I think everyone feels a bit of that loss of luster. We log on to our platforms, and we essentially know what everyone’s going to say and do.
The third factor is an algorithmic one. The best argument that social media is dying is if you define social media as public feeds full of stuff that your friends post. Because that does appear to be going away, in part due to algorithmically curated feeds. It might be too simple to only blame TikTok and the influence of its For You page for this, but I think it’s directionally right. The For You page offers a frictionless user experience—you don’t even have to be logged into TikTok’s app to start immediately sampling some of its most popular, even niche content. It’s a genius, addictive feature, and, as every other platform tries to import elements of FYP into their app, they’ll make it so that you’re seeing less and less of what your friends are doing.​
Now, if your platform is in good health, with a vibrant, creative user base, and your recommendation algorithms do a good job of quickly assessing your users’ preferences, then it might work out for you. But if your user base is slowly atrophying due to the network decay I described above, or if your algorithms are pretty mediocre at understanding what your users like, your platform will start to feel a bit like a mall where all the stores have been replaced by weird cellphone-case kiosks.​
I think the biggest factor, though, is that media-consumption behaviors are shifting. A few weeks ago I spoke with the political science professor Kevin Munger, who is very focused on TikTok and its ascendence in politics. Here’s how he described it:​
The combination of the short video and algorithm is something people really like, but, more importantly, it seems that people are really adept at using it. What I mean is that it seems like more people naturally are able to put out a decent TikTok video than, say, can write a very good tweet. And that sounds flippant, but I actually think it matters. It’s an era of social video taking off.​
I’m not totally certain if he’s right about people being more likely to create a good TikTok than a good tweet, but I strongly believe that short-form videos are far easier and more engaging to consume than cascading feeds of short-burst text. Munger goes further, suggesting that a much bigger shift is coming that will drive our society further and further away from text as a medium:​
People are always looking for more information that’s faster and easier to digest. And video just encodes so much more information than text. The medium is so dense, and, ultimately, that’s more effective at communicating information. It’s shocking how much less experience younger generations have with reading, and just how much better trained they are to use and interpret high-density mediums. I don’t mean this as a negative—they are able to communicate so much better with these mediums.​
This shift still feels like social media—but in the way that YouTube is considered social media. It’s about feeds and broadcasting in a way that, even with individuals, feels very conscious of people as internet brands. What feels much less ascendant is the more personal and informal status-update form of social media, which we’re seeing get funneled into siloed messaging apps, text threads, and chat communities like Discord. The broadcast-focused version of social media, as Munger suggested, is one with people who argue about politics in green-screened “videos that look more like a John Oliver or Tucker Carlson cable-news clip than anything else.”​
You could say that social media isn’t exactly dying, but bifurcating. Apps like Twitter—which don’t really offer the ability to split status updates and broadcast capacities or switch to short-form video posting—and Facebook—which are essentially so rotted out by network decay—are not fertile ground for this kind of consumption shift.​
One could also say that social media isn’t dying but that text, as the cornerstone medium of modern society, is. I ran this idea by my colleague Kate Lindsay, who writes about the internet and focuses a great deal of attention on TikTok. She suggested that TikTok “didn't kill old social media, but I think it changed what we're looking to consume online.”​
. . . .​
That bolded part relates to my experiences with TOL. There's something nice about logging into the same place for the past dozen-plus years, but it's also exhausting and boring. The arguments and the players are same, and it's rinse and repeat. At some point, the exhausting and boring tilts the scales. A long break can help, but then, coming back, all the sameness is so immediate... And because some of you mostly post in memes and videos, the amount of textual exchange is dropping here the same as everywhere else.
I think YouTube shorts are way more efficient than TikTok because of the text in the topic/subject on a short. It only takes 2 seconds for me to read a topic for me to realize the video is not something I'm interested in whereas I have to watch a TikTok video for a good 10 seconds or longer before I'm finally able to make the same judgment. In 60 seconds I can scroll past 30 video shorts on YouTube but only 6 videos on TikTok. Why? Because of text.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
FglVYVmXkAIWB5w

7djengo7

That means you have to ban racism, sexism, transphobia, and all kinds of other speech that is totally legal in the United States but reveals people to be total [redacted].
Since noise words like "racism," "sexism," and "transphobia" are merely used mindlessly and emotively by leftards, interchangeably, to signify anything and everything leftards hate to hear said, what you're saying is:​
That means you have to ban [anything and everything leftards hate to hear said] and all kinds of other speech that is totally legal in the United States but reveals people to be total [sayers of whatever leftards hate to hear said].

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Since noise words like "racism," ...are merely used mindlessly and emotively by leftards, interchangeably, to signify anything and everything leftards hate to hear said, what you're saying is:​