MUSK BUYS TWITTER!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
In terms of healthy and profitable business enterprises - it 100% doesn't work.

Interesting thread here:

1/ There is some pretty substantial context about Twitter's 2023 revenue and advertisers that I think partly help explains why Musk is really losing it...

And it involves upfront ad sales. Let me explain...

2/ Back Twitter (like a lot of digital companies) participates in an event called new fronts. At this event, they sell large chunks of ads for the following year.

Typically, Twitter sells like ~600-900M in ads at new fronts. That's guaranteed revenue for following year.
3/ This year, they didn't sell much of anything.

A coalition called Stop The Deal spent time educating and using media buyers and big advertisers at the event to ask Twitter some basic questions about potential Musk takeover before giving him a guaranteed income for 2023.

4/ Media buyers did ask those questions. Twitter had zero answers or assurances, the presentation imploded and ended shockingly early. Twitter from what I understand basically sold almost nothing and locked in extremely little 2023 revenue.

5/ This means that instead of heading into 2023 with 15-20% of 2023 already secured as they typically would have, Twitter heads into next year with almost none of that. All because of Musk's red pilled edgelord approach.

6/ @elonmusk has had months to address these concerns or even learn about them. But instead, he's insisted on antagonizing the very businesses and people that sustain Twitter.

Back in May, the groups and companies weren't calling for a boycott, they were asking basic questions.

7/ My point here is: It's actually worse than that I think a lot of people even appreciate all because Musk's conduct and commitments to roll back brand safety and community safeguards essentially obliterated Twitter's new front sales event that woulda secured 2023 revenue.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Interesting thread here:

1/ There is some pretty substantial context about Twitter's 2023 revenue and advertisers that I think partly help explains why Musk is really losing it...

And it involves upfront ad sales. Let me explain...

2/ Back Twitter (like a lot of digital companies) participates in an event called new fronts. At this event, they sell large chunks of ads for the following year.

Typically, Twitter sells like ~600-900M in ads at new fronts. That's guaranteed revenue for following year.
3/ This year, they didn't sell much of anything.

A coalition called Stop The Deal spent time educating and using media buyers and big advertisers at the event to ask Twitter some basic questions about potential Musk takeover before giving him a guaranteed income for 2023.

4/ Media buyers did ask those questions. Twitter had zero answers or assurances, the presentation imploded and ended shockingly early. Twitter from what I understand basically sold almost nothing and locked in extremely little 2023 revenue.

5/ This means that instead of heading into 2023 with 15-20% of 2023 already secured as they typically would have, Twitter heads into next year with almost none of that. All because of Musk's red pilled edgelord approach.

6/ @elonmusk has had months to address these concerns or even learn about them. But instead, he's insisted on antagonizing the very businesses and people that sustain Twitter.

Back in May, the groups and companies weren't calling for a boycott, they were asking basic questions.

7/ My point here is: It's actually worse than that I think a lot of people even appreciate all because Musk's conduct and commitments to roll back brand safety and community safeguards essentially obliterated Twitter's new front sales event that woulda secured 2023 revenue.
I marvel at your willingness to care about something that you would not have given a flip about 3 years ago. And only because you are totally brainwashed by your leftist mainstream media masters and have been ordered to care about this.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
So free speech costs $8 a month? I thought it was supposed to be free?
As Elon said, "Twitter's current lords & peasants system for who has or doesn't have a blue checkmark is BS. Power to the people!"

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
As Elon said, "Twitter's current lords & peasants system for who has or doesn't have a blue checkmark is BS. Power to the people!"
Power to the people? Most people can ill afford to spend $100 annually for a blue checkmark on Twitter.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Power to the people? Most people can ill afford to spend $100 annually for a blue checkmark on Twitter.
A lot more of the masses who are not considered part of the "in" crowd will now have that coveted blue checkmark. And the snooty liberal "elite" can't stand it. They're not so special anymore.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank

Anyone who can afford to spend $100 annually on, say, Coke products can afford to spend $100 annually for a blue checkmark on Twitter.

Why not complain to Coke, one of the big corporations trying to hurt Twitter, and demand they give their loyal customers $100 of free Coke products annually?

Last edited: