NBC Hypes Poll Showing Liberal Catholics Say Abortion ‘Not a Sin’ - See more at: http

GFR7

Sorry about the title extension. :(

Media hype and spin, par for the course:

Ahead of Pope Francis’s upcoming visit to the United States, Wednesday’s NBC Today touted a new Pew Research Center poll finding that a minority of Catholics do not believe abortion to be a sin. Fill-in co-host Willie Geist used the Pope adjusting the process of forgiving abortion as a segue: “...the Vatican announced priests may now forgive women who’ve had abortions....The Pope isn't alone when it comes to a bit of a change of heart.”

Geist proclaimed: “Take a look at this new and unprecedented poll of Catholics released just overnight....a third of Catholics say terminating a pregnancy is not a sin. And among Church-going Catholics, nearly a fourth don't even see abortion as sinful.” The headline on screen declared: “Catholicism in America; New Poll Shows Major Changes Ahead of Pope’s Visit.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kyl...howing-liberal-catholics-say-abortion-not-sin

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How is this any different from other groups?

Most Catholics, as well as most Christians, who I know, believe that abortion is wrong.

shagster01

the Vatican announced priests may now forgive women who’ve had abortions. . .

This raises two questions. . .

1. Was abortion an unforgivable sin before?

2. Isn't this between the woman, God and the fetus? What right does a Priest have to forgive something that has nothing to do with him, and why would anyone care if he forgives them for something that has nothing to do with him? It's like me forgiving a criminal for stealing from you, right? Not my place.

GFR7

the Vatican announced priests may now forgive women who’ve had abortions. . .

This raises two questions. . .

1. Was abortion an unforgivable sin before?

2. Isn't this between the woman, God and the fetus? What right does a Priest have to forgive something that has nothing to do with him, and why would anyone care if he forgives them for something that has nothing to do with him? It's like me forgiving a criminal for stealing from you, right? Not my place.

1. Yes.

2. If you're going to be Catholic and not Protestant, the Priest is in the mix. This is why I am a Protestant. ;)