New poll finds California voters resoundingly oppose cash reparations for slavery

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm curious. Why do you think God is on either side of the political spectrum?

Because God cares about how authorities treat their subjects.

Does He not say in His word that those who are in a position of authority shall be held accountable for their actions regarding their subordinates?

Does He not say in His word that authorities are His ministers?

The Pharisees were the conservatives of their day. The Sadducees were the liberals of their day, politically speaking. One of the reasons both agreed to kill Jesus was because he was attacking both of their cherished doctrines and they assumed he was going to take their political power away.

And?

Who was he speaking to? The leaders of the nation at Jesus' trial.

Again.... And?

Gary K

Banned
Because God cares about how authorities treat their subjects.

Does He not say in His word that those who are in a position of authority shall be held accountable for their actions regarding their subordinates?

Does He not say in His word that authorities are His ministers?

And?

Again.... And?
So God doesn't care about politics. He's on the side of truth, justice, honesty, fairness and love. Do all republicans stand for those concepts? Do all democrats stand for those concepts? Both parties are corrupt.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So God doesn't care about politics.

Politicians are, generally speaking, not on God's side. But that doesn't mean that Christians shouldn't be involved in politics.

We as Christians should stand for what is right.

He's on the side of truth, justice, honesty, fairness and love.

And to that extent, We as Christians should promote those things.

Do all republicans stand for those concepts? Do all democrats stand for those concepts? Both parties are corrupt.

AGREED!

Gary K

Banned
Politicians are, generally speaking, not on God's side. But that doesn't mean that Christians shouldn't be involved in politics.

We as Christians should stand for what is right.

And to that extent, We as Christians should promote those things.

AGREED!
I never said Christians shouldn't vote their conscience.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I never said Christians shouldn't vote their conscience.

No one should be voting on law, least of all Christians.

And "conscience" isn't a good standard. That's what God's word is for.

Arthur Brain

On what basis do you determine that it is subjective?

All authority flows down from God, who is THE objective standard. Thus, anything that conforms to His authority is good, and not subjective.

Objectively speaking, you are trying to assert your subjective opinion as though you are authoritative on the matter.

Do you not see the contradiction in that?
Because it's the biased opinion of one man that has no foundation in actual fact. He's not alone on the score, there's plenty who try to skew political positions to their own persuasion or attempt to demonize opposing viewpoints by claiming they support positions they don't. Intellectual honesty requires rather more nuance and considered opinion. Not something that's likely to emanate from the extremes of any political fringes...

People claim that *God's standard* reflects their politics a load of the time so that means nothing in itself.

Arthur Brain

That's just your subjective opinion.

Nope.

Right, so what? God is the objective standard. That by definition puts Him on the right.

Everything else is left of Him.

So conforming to God's rules for humanity is a "trite and biased parameter"?

Yes, I was pointing out the irony of YOUR post.
Pointing out subjective opinion isn't subjective opinion. Some people think that Donald Trump was fighting a secret war against a cabaal of Satan worshipping cannibal paedophiles per Qanon. That was subjective (along with oh so whack a doodle) opinion so it's a statement of fact to point out both for what they are.

As per before, plenty seem to think they have a handle on just what that "objective" standard is and 'left' and 'right' are merely human labels where it comes to politics and should be recognized as such. The neo Nazi movement is far right by way of and pretty sure you wouldn't want to be aligning that with God's standard.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Because it's the biased opinion of one man that has no foundation in actual fact.

Says the one man giving his biased opinion that has no foundation in actual fact...

He's not alone on the score, there's plenty who try to skew political positions to their own persuasion or attempt to demonize opposing viewpoints by claiming they support positions they don't.

That's rich, coming from you!

Intellectual honesty requires rather more nuance and considered opinion.

Something you lack.

Not something that's likely to emanate from the extremes of any political fringes...

Indeed. So what makes you think you're being intellectually honest?

People claim that *God's standard* reflects their politics a load of the time so that means nothing in itself.

If you had a known atheist and a known Christian put in the room with you, and you asked them a question, which of them would be more likely to lie to you with their answer? Why?

Pointing out subjective opinion isn't subjective opinion.

And yet, all you've done is give your subjective opinion on what Bob taught.

Some people think that Donald Trump was fighting a secret war against a cabaal of Satan worshipping cannibal paedophiles per Qanon. That was subjective opinion

Because you say so?

(along with oh so whack a doodle)

See, you're still giving your subjective opinion.

so it's a statement of fact to point out both for what they are.

So there's a standard of truth that needs to be adhered to?

As per before, plenty seem to think they have a handle on just what that "objective" standard is and 'left' and 'right' are merely human labels where it comes to politics and should be recognized as such.

Because you say so?

The neo Nazi movement is far right by way of

Except it's not, because it promotes leftist ideals.

Oh, and didn't you just get done with saying "left and right are merely human labels"? And that "plenty seem to think they have a handle on just what an "objective" standard is?

and pretty sure you wouldn't want to be aligning that with God's standard.

I didn't. Which is why I (and Bob) put it on the left.

And it's why you should too, because it's not aligned with God's standard.

Arthur Brain

Says the one man giving his biased opinion that has no foundation in actual fact...

That's rich, coming from you!

Something you lack.

Indeed. So what makes you think you're being intellectually honest?

If you had a known atheist and a known Christian put in the room with you, and you asked them a question, which of them would be more likely to lie to you with their answer? Why?

And yet, all you've done is give your subjective opinion on what Bob taught.

Because you say so?

See, you're still giving your subjective opinion.

So there's a standard of truth that needs to be adhered to?

Because you say so?

Except it's not, because it promotes leftist ideals.

Oh, and didn't you just get done with saying "left and right are merely human labels"? And that "plenty seem to think they have a handle on just what an "objective" standard is?

I didn't. Which is why I (and Bob) put it on the left.

And it's why you should too, because it's not aligned with God's standard.
Rather, he devises his own scale based on his own opinion which can be pointed out. It's not subjective opinion to declare that unicorns aren't in the senate by way of. Laughable.

I have no wish or need to to demonize people or claim they support things that they don't. More interested in addressing what folk actually advocate than making stuff up.

Except it isn't, hence why I recognize that to have such requires nuance and considered opinion. I'm not part of an extremist fringe of politics to answer your next.

I wouldn't gauge the likelihood of someone to tell me the truth based on their faith or lack thereof so not much of a hypothetical really.

No, I've pointed out his subjective opinion and that it has no grounding in reality where it comes to politics. Difference. It's no secret that Qanon held such bat crazy stuff as part of its manifest along with subsequent ongoing.

The neo Nazi movement in no way promotes "leftist" ideals and is on the far right JR, this is fact. Those ascribing to such, as dumb as they are, at least align with that. You and Bob can try and place it somewhere else all ya like, ain't gonna fly.