Nickel Creek

patman

Have you ever had one of those bands that you just can't put down, that you just cannot stop listening to?

For me, that band would be Nickel Creek. For my many tastes of music, ranging from Rock, to Rap to Country, something about this band has caught my ear in such a way that I couldn't stop listening.

The group first came together as young children, and since then they created an entirely new blend of music that no one else has ever come close to replicating.

The thing that interests me most about this group are the songs that deal with the struggle of staying close to God. Nickel Creek isn't a Christian band, but there are Christian undertones to some songs.

Their songs tend to be very deep. To me, nothing could more sad than seeing someone lose their way, and they have a very touching song about that called, "Reasons Why."

"Reasons Why" brings up a lot of tough issues for those who struggle with staying on the path, but go through the motions as if they were. I have it posted below, but before you listen, have a look at some of the lyrics:

"Where am I today I wish that I knew. 'Cause looking around there is no sign of You. I don't remember one jump or one leap. Just quiet steps away from Your lead."

"Knowing how hard it hurts when we fall, we lean another ladder against the wrong wall and climb high to the highest rung, to shake fists at the sky."

Reasons Why

The rest of the lyrics are on the right side of the screen on youtube. "With so much deception it's hard not to wonder away," is a sad way to end the song. But it drives home the problem, "Others have excuses, I have my reasons why." It seems to say that others have excuses for not being close to God, but they have reasons - sins for example - that keep them away from God.

More songs from this YouTube Channel.

I'll probably write about them again. For now, I hope others will give them a chance.