No New Law

jzeidler

Have you ever sat in church listening to the preacher say something like, "Jesus made it so the Old Law doesn't apply to you." Then a few weeks later, or, even in that same sermon he says something like this, "Jesus gave Christian's a New Law to follow in the Sermon on the Mount."? Yeah I've heard it too. So has Grant. So we are here today to talk about that very issue. This issue is vital when dealing with how God interacts with us and how we interact with Him. We have to get it right.

https://soundcloud.com/freedomsfortress/sets/deceptions-christians-believe

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Have you ever sat in church listening to the preacher say something like, "Jesus made it so the Old Law doesn't apply to you." Then a few weeks later, or, even in that same sermon he says something like this, "Jesus gave Christian's a New Law to follow in the Sermon on the Mount."? Yeah I've heard it too. So has Grant. So we are here today to talk about that very issue. This issue is vital when dealing with how God interacts with us and how we interact with Him. We have to get it right.

I said
That website has a lot of deception in it.

Jesus Changed Everyting

xxx Jesus changed the law. From old testament to new testament.

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

xxx Jesus changed the commandments. From old testament to new testament.

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

xxx Jesus changed rightousness. From old testament law of sin and death. To New testament law of love and forgiveness.

[Rom 10:4
4 For Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

xxx Jesus changed the covenant. From old testament to new testament.

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

xxx Jesus changed the goal. From old testament to new testament.

John 13:34-35
34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
35 "By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
(NKJ)

XXX Jesus changed justice. From old testament to new testament.

Matt 12:20
20 A bruised reed He will not break, and smoking flax He will not quench, till He sends forth justice to victory;
(NKJ)

Matt 6:12-15
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
14 "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
(NKJ)

xxx Jesus changed which Lord to follow. From old testament to new testament.

Luke 6:46
46 "But why do you call Me 'LORD, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?
(NKJ)

Eph 4:4-6
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
(NKJ)

xxx Jesus changed which Spirit to follow.

Old testament

Isa 63:11-12
11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?
12 That led them by the right hand of Moses with his glorious arm, dividing the water before them, to make himself an everlasting name?
(KJV)

new testament

John 16:7-8
7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
8 "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
(NKJ)

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
That website has a lot of deception in it.

Jesus Changed Everyting

xxx Jesus changed the law. From old testament to new testament.

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

xxx Jesus changed the commandments. From old testament to new testament.

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

xxx Jesus changed rightousness. From old testament law of sin and death. To New testament law of love and forgiveness.

[Rom 10:4
4 For Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

xxx Jesus changed the covenant. From old testament to new testament.

13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

xxx Jesus changed the goal. From old testament to new testament.

John 13:34-35
34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
35 "By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
(NKJ)

XXX Jesus changed justice. From old testament to new testament.

Matt 12:20
20 A bruised reed He will not break, and smoking flax He will not quench, till He sends forth justice to victory;
(NKJ)

Matt 6:12-15
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
14 "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
(NKJ)

xxx Jesus changed which Lord to follow. From old testament to new testament.

Luke 6:46
46 "But why do you call Me 'LORD, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?
(NKJ)

Eph 4:4-6
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
(NKJ)

xxx Jesus changed which Spirit to follow.

Old testament

Isa 63:11-12
11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?
12 That led them by the right hand of Moses with his glorious arm, dividing the water before them, to make himself an everlasting name?
(KJV)

new testament

John 16:7-8
7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
8 "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
(NKJ)

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

Squeaky squeaking his squeak...

Here is some oil...

https://biblethingsinbibleways.word...nged-misunderstandings-regarding-hebrews-712/

clefty

I have yet to find a Christian take issue with 9 of the 10 laws...

“WWJD?!” Is what they parrot...

But when I bring up the seventh day Sabbath it’s suddenly “AWWWWW...Hell no! The Law was abolished...changed...we’re under grace...no need for Laws...we’re Spirit led!”

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
The old testament law is replaced by the new testament law.

LAW OF CHRIST
John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
JOH 15-10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Fathers commandments and abide in His love.
John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
John 14:1
1 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
Luke 6:37-38
37 "Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
38 "Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."
John 3:17-19
17 "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
John 10:7-8
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
Heb 9:1
1 Then indeed, even the first covenant had ordinances of divine service and the earthly sanctuary.
Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Eph 4:32
32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.
Col 3:13
13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.
Matt 6:14-15
1 Cor 6:6-8
6 But brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers!
7 Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated?
8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren!
1 Pet 2:19-21
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
James 2:12
12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.
Rom 2:12-13
12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law
13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;
John 15:14
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
Matt 5:19
19 "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Matt 10:16-19
16 "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.
17 "But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues.
18 "You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles.
19 "But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak;
John 14:15-17
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
16 "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever--
17 "the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
John 14:23-25
23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
25 "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.
John 15:10-12
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
11 "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.
12 "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)
XXX The old testament law of sin and death is still in effect. For the world. The law of Christ overrides the old testament law of sin and death. But if we break the law of Christ, that will put us back under the old testament law of sin and death.

1 Cor 9:21
21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law;
(NKJ)

Matt 5:19-20
19 "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 "For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
(NKJ)

Rom 2:11-13
11 For there is no partiality with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law
13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;
(NKJ)

Heb 8:10
10 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
(NKJ)

Heb 10:16
16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,"
(NKJ)

[Rom 8:7
7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

clefty

I said
The old testament law is replaced by the new testament law.

LAW OF CHRIST
John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
JOH 15-10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Fathers commandments and abide in His love.
John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
John 14:1
1 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
Luke 6:37-38
37 "Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
38 "Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."
John 3:17-19
17 "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
John 10:7-8
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
Heb 9:1
1 Then indeed, even the first covenant had ordinances of divine service and the earthly sanctuary.
Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Eph 4:32
32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.
Col 3:13
13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.
Matt 6:14-15
1 Cor 6:6-8
6 But brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers!
7 Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated?
8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren!
1 Pet 2:19-21
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
James 2:12
12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.
Rom 2:12-13
John 15:14
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
Matt 5:19
Matt 10:16-19
16 "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.
17 "But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues.
18 "You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles.
19 "But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak;
John 14:15-17
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
16 "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever--
17 "the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
John 14:23-25
23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
25 "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.
John 15:10-12
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
11 "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.
12 "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)
XXX The old testament law of sin and death is still in effect. For the world. The law of Christ overrides the old testament law of sin and death. But if we break the law of Christ, that will put us back under the old testament law of sin and death.

1 Cor 9:21
21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law;
(NKJ)

Matt 5:19-20
20 "For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
(NKJ)

Rom 2:11-13
11 For there is no partiality with God.
(NKJ)

Heb 8:10
10 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
(NKJ)

Heb 10:16
16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,"
(NKJ)

[Rom 8:7
7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

Uh oh...You forgot your favorite text you misapply and abuse to sustain that indeed Sabbath keeping was carried over to the NT but with a torturously wrong conflation of fast days with Sabbath days...you know Romans 14...

hey, you claim, rather than the seventh day rest...feel free now to choose whatever day whenever as long as you are sincere...doubtful the whole day but at least a few hours of which ever day you choose...

James said dont just hear the word...do it...

You just do what you want...deceiving yourself...

clefty

He said “follow me”...

He did “and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read,”

Paul said “copy me as I copy Christ”

Paul did “As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,”

So it is WWJD...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
He said “follow me”...

He did “and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read,”

Paul said “copy me as I copy Christ”

Paul did “As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,”

So it is WWJD...

"What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions" (Galatians 3:19)

The law was added to the covenant because of transgressions.

The law was added to the covenant until Christ came.

He came.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Uh oh...You forgot your favorite text you misapply and abuse to sustain that indeed Sabbath keeping was carried over to the NT but with a torturously wrong conflation of fast days with Sabbath days...you know Romans 14...

hey, you claim, rather than the seventh day rest...feel free now to choose whatever day whenever as long as you are sincere...doubtful the whole day but at least a few hours of which ever day you choose...

James said dont just hear the word...do it...

You just do what you want...deceiving yourself...

I said
It appears you don't know the Holy Spirit.

clefty

"What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions" (Galatians 3:19)

He came.

Yup and taught and demonstrated with His life and actions what the New Covenant would look lik...and then christened it with a toast to a room full of jews...then signed the New Covenant with His blood and sealed it with His death...

His followers still hurried to keep the Sabbath as was the commandment...still...

clefty

I said
It appears you don't know the Holy Spirit.

What appears to you...and that which you do...is not “here are they that keep the commandments of God” and certainly NOT “and the faith OF Jesus”...

His faith (which is our example) and is our faith was specific as to which day was still considered Holy...not just any day as long as you are sincere...

What appears to you is the problem as your fruit from your branch does not match the trunk you are to be grafted in...

Follow...and do...the faith walk OF Him...not just faith in Him

clefty

He came.

We were made in His image...to reflect Him...do as He did

He rested the seventh day Sabbath after six days of work...made it Holy

This BTW was even before any transgressions...

In fact, had there not been any transgressions...Sabbath keeping would have been the norm...

Just like Isaiah says it will be again in the new world...

The purpose of the Law is to reveal what life will be like when INDEED His Will is done “on earth as it is in heaven”

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What appears to you...and that which you do...is not “here are they that keep the commandments of God” and certainly NOT “and the faith OF Jesus”...

His faith (which is our example) and is our faith was specific as to which day was still considered Holy...not just any day as long as you are sincere...

What appears to you is the problem as your fruit from your branch does not match the trunk you are to be grafted in...

Follow...and do...the faith walk OF Him...not just faith in Him

I said
lol Have you noticed that you can only take bits and pieces to make your point. Not whole verses which are the Word of God. Now what does this say?

[Rom 14:4-6
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems [one] day above another; another esteems every day [alike]. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes [it] to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe [it]. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.

Robert Pate

Banned

Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation. There is no condemnation for those that are "In Christ" because there is no law, Romans 8:1.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We were made in His image...to reflect Him...do as He did

He rested the seventh day Sabbath after six days of work...made it Holy

This BTW was even before any transgressions...

In fact, had there not been any transgressions...Sabbath keeping would have been the norm...

Just like Isaiah says it will be again in the new world...

The purpose of the Law is to reveal what life will be like when INDEED His Will is done “on earth as it is in heaven”

Yes, humans were created on the sixth day, their first evening was the Sabbath.

clefty

I said
lol Have you noticed that you can only take bits and pieces to make your point. Not whole verses which are the Word of God. Now what does this say?

[Rom 14:4-6
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems [one] day above another; another esteems every day [alike]. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes [it] to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe [it]. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.

I said
lol Have you noticed that you can only take bits and pieces to make your point. Not whole verses chapters which are the Word of God. Now what does this say?

Romans 14 “Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister[a]? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. 11 It is written:

“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
‘every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will acknowledge God.’”
12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. 14 I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean. 15 If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil. 17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18 because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.

19 Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21 It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall.

22 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.”

Nothing there about the Sabbath...about which days to fast...what to eat...sure...but not which day is the Sabbath or choosing another day to worship or replace the Sabbath with...

http://home.windstream.net/mrwilson1/29 isromans14aboutthesabbath.html

clefty

Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation. There is no condemnation for those that are "In Christ" because there is no law, Romans 8:1.

“There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.“

Nothing there about there is no law...no condemnation sure but the Law remains...just that those who walk according to the Spirit are following Him...keeping His commandments...is why no condemnation...in Him is keeping the Law

He is like an umbrella...standing under it means you dont get wet...NOT that it’s not raining...step outside of Him...or follow NOT the Spirit and well...

clefty

Yes, humans were created on the sixth day, their first evening was the Sabbath.

Yup...Just like the first full day for the humans of the Edenic covenant was a Sabbath...so too was that first full day of the New Covenant...He rested both days...the irony...both Sabbaths...

BTW...the evening and the morning were and then numbered...they occurred and then the day was counted...

just like a birthday...the year is lived and then counted...or the mile is traveled first and then it is numbered on the odometer...

glorydaz

Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Heb. 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.