not tears of joy

QueenAtHome

As I was driving home this morning I had to stop behind a school bus that was picking children up. There, next to the bus were the moms of some of the students, talking to their children that were on the bus. As the bus driver closed the door the moms stood wiping tears off their face and gave one last quick wave to their children.
As the bus pulled away, and traffic resumed, I passed two women with tears on their face and looks of worry upon their face. They were consoling each other as they crossed the road.

Now a rhetorical question. Why are they crying and worried, if their kids are finally going to the best place for a child to be on a weekday? :think:

bucksplasher

Hi hoosiermommy,

I would guess that they are feeling remorse at the separation and its implied future foretold. I imagine it's the same reason people cry at funerals, even though we know the departed proceed us to a better place. tWINs

Nineveh

Merely Christian
I chalked it up to "separation anxiety" on my part after I let others talk me into sending my daughter to a private school. I realized it was just the fact I hated being away from my daughter all day and there was really no reason I had to be. So I changed it :)

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Hi hoosiermommy,

I would guess that they are feeling remorse at the separation and its implied future foretold. I imagine it's the same reason people cry at funerals, even though we know the departed proceed us to a better place. tWINs

I chalked it up to "separation anxiety" on my part after I let others talk me into sending my daughter to a private school. I realized it was just the fact I hated being away from my daughter all day and there was really no reason I had to be. So I changed it :)

Two very good posts!

Without the normal slamming of the public school/home school rants!

Thank You!!!!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :first: and :first: a tie due to honesty!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Hi hoosiermommy,

While Heaven may be a better place, public school is not.

bucksplasher

Depends

Depends

While Heaven may be a better place, public school is not.

Maybe yes, maybe no. Some public schools, especially the small town ones that I'm familiar with, are pretty decent. I had to exempt our children from sex ed and add religious education outside the classroom, but on the whole, I was pleased with the results. tWINs

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Maybe it was their husbands idea to send thier children to public school.

That has to be so painful. I've known of a few cases where the mother really wanted to homeschool but the father didn't. I'm so thankful that's a situation I've never had to deal with.

Dena

That has to be so painful. I've known of a few cases where the mother really wanted to homeschool but the father didn't. I'm so thankful that's a situation I've never had to deal with.

I'm praying that I do not find myself in that situation in a few years.