Obama vetoes Keystone pipeline bill

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Obama vetoes Keystone pipeline bill Washington] "President Obama vetoed a bill Tuesday that would have approved the Keystone XL pipeline, making good on a threat to reject a proposal embraced by Republicans as a jobs measure but opposed by environmentalists as contributing to climate change.

"The presidential power to veto legislation is one I take seriously," Obama said in his veto message. "But I also take seriously my responsibility to the American people. And because this act of Congress conflicts with established executive branch procedures and cuts short thorough consideration of issues that could bear on our national interest -- including our security, safety, and environment -- it has earned my veto..."" Full text: Obama vetoes Keystone pipeline bill :Nineveh: Ro 1:25

republicanchick

this guy is something else

He mentions the American people and doing what's in their interest

yet most Americans want the pipeline.. and Congress could possibly over ride the veto (That's how many in Congress approve of Keystone)

This guy is not just a liar but a bald faced one

as in: he couldn't care less what we the people want

+++

OCTOBER23

OBAMA MAY HAVE A THIRD TERM DUE TO MOUNT RANIER ERUPTIONS

AND TERRORISTS EXPLOSIONS IN NEW YORK AND WASHINGTON.

Therefore , Sell the OIL to the Chinese and Locally, OPEN some Closed Canadian Refineries.:mad:

musterion

If Obama were a closet Muslim bent on furthering Islamic interests and weakening the U.S. as much as possible, all while maintaining the plausible deniability of appearing to be simply another destructive statist leftist...

...would he be doing anything differently than he has done and is doing?

republicanchick

If Obama were a closet Muslim bent on furthering Islamic interests and weakening the U.S. as much as possible, all while maintaining the plausible deniability of appearing to be simply another destructive statist leftist...

...would he be doing anything differently than he has done and is doing?

excellently said

I have been wondering this same thing...

he apparently wants us dependent on the head cutters or at least those who give them safe harbor... or do not protest their barbarity

___

republicanchick

Why wonder? Look up Occam's Razor.

never heard of it.

But if one can wonder w/o anything more than daily news reports

well... maybe one need not wonder @ all... I think my "wondering" is just about wishful thinking. I wishful think that maybe he is not so extreme orstupid as to be a Muslim, closet or otherwise... but I can wishful think all I want... doesn't change what my eyes are telling me

+

quip

BANNED
Banned
this guy is something else

He mentions the American people and doing what's in their interest

yet most Americans want the pipeline.. and Congress could possibly over ride the veto (That's how many in Congress approve of Keystone)

This guy is not just a liar but a bald faced one

as in: he couldn't care less what we the people want

+++

He doesn't "Love you" re-chick! :cry:

republicanchick

all the decisions this president makes point to one thing:

he likes Muslim countries

doesn't like his own

something needs to change RE the Constitution... We have to keep this kind of person from becoming president again....

there needs to be some Amendment to safeguard us from this... We don't want a Muslim president... and now we know that anyone can keep this kind of info from us and get away with... taking over the "most important job in the world"

(OK, 2nd most... after parenthood... but even parenthood has to take a back seat in this kind of situation..)

+++

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
doesn't matter - it's not cost effective to harvest the alberta oil sands project unless oil is over $80/bbl

it's all going idle up there

Lexington'96

This is one of the rare occasions I agree with Obama. The pipeline construction would trample upon private property rights.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Do you seriously think that B. Hussein Obama cares about eminent-domain

Of course not.

Then your fellow Libertarian (Lexington'96) isn't agreeing with Obama for the same reason.

Do you Libertarians have a plan that would make the United States independent when it comes to energy? (and please don't attach a Lew Rockwell article that talks about solar panels on every house).