ECT Obey the Gospel

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Where are these commandments listed, so all may know that they're talking about the same thing.

The Ten Commandments are in Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5. There are 1050 Commands found in the New Testament.

1,050 New Testament Commands

The Torah has 613.

The 613 Commandments (Mitzvot)
A List of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments)

I do not know how many commandments are found in the TaNaKh or the Prophets and the Writings or the Old Testament.

One might look to the red letters, the words of Jesus. Or, to the words of Paul in the book of Acts or the epistles.

musterion

The Ten Commandments are in Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5. There are 1050 Commands found in the New Testament.

1,050 New Testament Commands

The Torah has 613.

The 613 Commandments (Mitzvot)
A List of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments)

I do not know how many commandments are found in the TaNaKh or the Prophets and the Writings or the Old Testament.

One might look to the red letters, the words of Jesus. Or, to the words of Paul in the book of Acts or the epistles.

You obey all of that, do you?

Rosenritter

You obey all of that, do you?

We should obey every principle they establish.

A principle is a settled rule of morality or conduct. God, of course, has the very highest principles and never deviates from them. He always did and always will hate sin. Sin always was and always will be contrary to His holy nature. In like manner, God always did and always will delight in righteousness, mercy, and love. God never has and never will deviate in the slightest degree from these principles.*

musterion

We should obey every principle they establish.

A principle is a settled rule of morality or conduct. God, of course, has the very highest principles and never deviates from them. He always did and always will hate sin. Sin always was and always will be contrary to His holy nature. In like manner, God always did and always will delight in righteousness, mercy, and love. God never has and never will deviate in the slightest degree from these principles.*

What must a lost person know to be saved?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You're going to Hell.

I do observe a commandment that is not found in the Torah. If it is a commandment. I wear a kippah. I already wear tzitzit which is a Torah commandment. Interesting that you asked and then said that I am going to hell. Did you want a list or a confession or what? Are you asking what I observe or what God's commandments are as found in the Bible? I have given a good answer, but it is not perfect.

Peace.

Rosenritter

How can a lost person know he won't go to Hell?

All lost people are condemned and will be cast into hell; only those that believe on God are given eternal life.

John 3:16-18 KJV
(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
(17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
(18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

musterion

I do observe a commandment that is not found in the Torah. If it is a commandment. I wear a kippah. I already wear tzitzit which is a Torah commandment. Interesting that you asked and then said that I am going to hell. Did you want a list or a confession or what? Are you asking what I observe or what God's commandments are as found in the Bible? I have given a good answer, but it is not perfect.

Peace.

If you can do even one thing to help God save you from Hell, then the Bible lies because Christ died for nothing.

musterion

All lost people are condemned and will be cast into hell; only those that believe on God are given eternal life.

John 3:16-18 KJV
(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
(17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
(18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Now we're getting somewhere. What exactly, specifically, does a lost person have to do in order to be forgiven and not go to hell? Be very precise and detailed in your answer please.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you can do even one thing to help God save you from Hell, then the Bible lies because Christ died for nothing.

I can't do anything to be saved from hell. I never said that I can or could. I can believe on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved, and I have.

musterion

I can't do anything to be saved from hell. I never said that I can or could. I can believe on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved, and I have.

Then why are you keeping all of those laws you listed a few minutes ago.

Rosenritter

They can look to the Lord.

Isaiah 45:22 KJV
(22) Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

... and ...

Mark 9:41-47 KJV
(41) For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.
(42) And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
(43) And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
(44) Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
(45) And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
(46) Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
(47) And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

Are you use about that statement? Because assuming that Jesus didn't die for nothing, he also says that it would be better to separate ourselves from anything that would offend us away from the kingdom.

musterion

They can look to the Lord.

Isaiah 45:22 KJV
(22) Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

... and ...

Mark 9:41-47 KJV
(41) For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.
(42) And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
(43) And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
(44) Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
(45) And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
(46) Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
(47) And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

Are you use about that statement? Because assuming that Jesus didn't die for nothing, he also says that it would be better to separate ourselves from anything that would offend us away from the kingdom.

What exactly does "looking to the Lord" mean?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Then why are you keeping all of those laws you listed a few minutes ago.

Great question. Jesus instructed us to keep and teach the commandments. I saw no obstacle to doing so. So I took the Old Covenant upon myself. I am a New Covenant believer. So I believe all of it. I don't want to say that a commandment is not a commandment or that a commandment of God is not a commandment (same thing if or where it is) and yet I know the truth about believing so I guess maybe I can save someone who is already a Jew or learn more about God by how I live, but it is not required if I were to only be a Gentile or a Gentile grafted in. A convert is different. But I have not officially converted. I am circumcised, so it makes sense to observe things like Passover and wear tzitzit. I guess in a sense I am zealous for the law or zealous for good deeds. But in another sense I just rest in the finished work of Christ. Paul was already a Jew, of the tribe of Benjamin, but he said that he became like the Jews to win the Jews and became like those without the law though not being without the law of God the law of Christ himself.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
[MENTION=5582]Jacob[/MENTION], what are you doing to keep yourself out of Hell?

I don't believe that there is anything I need to do as there is nothing a person can do to maintain their salvation. A person is either saved or not saved, and then use wisdom in the world. That others would be saved. I can't think of anything I am doing to keep myself out of hell. There was nothing to do to not go to hell but believe and I do believe but that is not a work to stay out of hell it just means that in my belief I am saved and that therefore I don't have to worry about it.