Old forum user names

Gary K

Banned
Back in the 2000's there used to be a website that gave descriptive names of forum posters. The one name I remember off the top of my head was Ironhead because of how anything said to that kind of poster just bounced off their heads with no effect. It was like you hadn't even supplied them with any information at all.

Anyone remember that list of names and know if it is still available today? I've been searching for it but don't know if I'm using the right search terms as I can find no evidence that it still exists.

Gary K

Banned
I didn't state that correctly. I can find no evidence that it ever existed as I've been searching archive.org and come up with nothing even remotely close and archive.org has copies of basically everything ever posted on the internet.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I didn't state that correctly. I can find no evidence that it ever existed as I've been searching archive.org and come up with nothing even remotely close and archive.org has copies of basically everything ever posted on the internet.
Knight would know if he's still active on the site

@Sherman ?
@Jefferson ?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
We lost quite a few threads when we updated to XenForo, since we also switched servers as well with the ownership change.

It's highly likely that that was one of the threads that was cut to save space.

Gary K

Banned
No.. I appreciate your answers but you've both misunderstood the question which is not surprising seeing I can't find any trace of what I'm looking for and can't think of the correct search terms.

The list I'm thinking of has no association with any specific forum. It's a description of forum users that descibes the characters of individuals found on all forums. The timid, the weak, the extremely bull headed, the liars, those who try to be all things to all people, the warm hearted, the cold hearted, the pseudo intellectual. etc....

ok doser

No.. I appreciate your answers but you've both misunderstood the question which is not surprising seeing I can't find any trace of what I'm looking for and can't think of the correct search terms.

The list I'm thinking of has no association with any specific forum. It's a description of forum users that descibes the characters of individuals found on all forums. The timid, the weak, the extremely bull headed, the liars, those who try to be all things to all people, the warm hearted, the cold hearted, the pseudo intellectual. etc....
I know exactly what you're looking for. I remember it from back in the day. It had cartoon characters of each one of the described personalities of forum participants. I can picture it vividly. Darned if I can find it through Google.

We had a great deal of fun with it back when Knight was an active participant and BillyBob was here and others.

Delmar might remember if he's still around.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Gary K

Banned
I know exactly what you're looking for. I remember it from back in the day. It had cartoon characters of each one of the described personalities of forum participants. I can picture it vividly. Darned if I can find it through Google.

We had a great deal of fun with it back when Knight was an active participant and BillyBob was here and others.

Delmar might remember if he's still around.
Yeah, you remember what I've been looking for for quite a while. My memory of it though isn't what I would call vivid. It's vague at best as the last time I remember seeing was more than a decade ago. Since your memory of it is better than mine search archive.org as it has copies of every site ever on the internet, or very close to that. I find all kinds of rare/old info on it but my memory is so vague on this subject I am not using the correct search terms. As popular as that site was I have a hard time believing archive.org doesn't have a copy of it.

Gary K

Banned
The one I remember is Serpentdove's website here ---> http://www.vananne.com/serpentdove/ She got in trouble here and on other websites for smearing people often unjustly. I explored the site and she has since taken the material down.

There is a thread here that lists people too ---> https://theologyonline.com/threads/satan-inc-tols-heretics-list.17821/ The members with bad theology.
Thanks for trying. Too bad my memory of what I was looking for confused you. OK remembered what I am looking for but couldn't find it on Google so archive.org is the last chance to find the site unless someone bookmarked it or explicitly remembers the name of the site.

ok doser

Yeah, you remember what I've been looking for for quite a while. My memory of it though isn't what I would call vivid. It's vague at best as the last time I remember seeing was more than a decade ago. Since your memory of it is better than mine search archive.org as it has copies of every site ever on the internet, or very close to that. I find all kinds of rare/old info on it but my memory is so vague on this subject I am not using the correct search terms. As popular as that site was I have a hard time believing archive.org doesn't have a copy of it.
No luck yet but oh my gosh, what a blast from the past - Cyclotouriste aka John Gobin Shaw from 2005, one of the craziest trolls I've ever encountered.

Gary K

Banned
No luck yet but oh my gosh, what a blast from the past - Cyclotouriste aka John Gobin Shaw from 2005, one of the craziest trolls I've ever encountered.

After seeing this post you haven't got it right. The site and the list have no relation to real people. What the names and descriptions describe though are accurate enough to human nature that you can see real human beings that you know of in each character description and the character's names fit the descriptions.

When I'd read that site I'd have to laugh and nod my head because I would know someone just like that. Real people weren't being described but the human nature being described was so accurate you could see people you knew in the descriptions. Whoever created it was a very astute student of human nature and had to have put a lot of time into writing his descriptions and into creating his cartoon images.

It really is bugging me that I can find no trace of that site as I loved it.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

ok doser

YES!

I remember these getting attention here at about the same time that we were periodically invaded by the gay bicyclists.

Last edited:

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
YES!

I remember these getting attention here at about the same time that we were periodically invaded by the gay bicyclists.
Interesting hard evidence about the gradual transformation of anonymous internet discussion forums. Many of these tropes have gone extinct! It plays out like it just took some time for everybody to coordinate the internet forum phenomenon with irl people and positions and offices and such. Some of those tropes just don't stand up under the weight of knowing that nobody, not even the most objectively powerful people irl could possibly be any of these user tropes, they were eventually all caught swimming naked as the tide went out.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Interesting hard evidence about the gradual transformation of anonymous internet discussion forums. Many of these tropes have gone extinct! It plays out like it just took some time for everybody to coordinate the internet forum phenomenon with irl people and positions and offices and such. Some of those tropes just don't stand up under the weight of knowing that nobody, not even the most objectively powerful people irl could possibly be any of these user tropes, they were eventually all caught swimming naked as the tide went out.
True. Yet the most popular ones still remain. I wonder if this fits with game theory about how large crowds arrive at the correct answer in certain circumstances? Especially since the masses can almost always be counted on to get the wrong answer politically. I wonder what dynamic makes this happen.