Our Moral God

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Right. We do not have the information to understand these things/ I need not suggest, or upon you, to conclude on super rational, as being the exact meaning, as it may be beyond our comprehension of rationality. We do not know how a nexus of rational love, outside mere altruism, can be confirmed as rational. We do know love and imagine there is a love beyond what we know and that love may be rational. I think faith encompasses it all.

Let me keep probing here...

"Mere altruism" - I do not believe that altruism and love have anything to do with one another. Altruism is the left's idea of what love is supposed to be but I think they've got it all wrong. Love is not causeless nor are acts of love done without motive. Arbitrary love is a Calvinist/Augustinian/Catholic idea and I'm certain that it is a self-contradictory notion.

Point being, I'm not sure where you're coming from with this talk about altruism. Please explain.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Zeke

Why do you call yourself a Christian and insult the God you claim to worship?

You and every outward seeker have already broke the first commandment by having another God before you, I am! plus the translation of dwelt among flesh should have been in flesh Luke 17:20-21, the wisdom that passes all human understanding is beyond logic or letters 2Cor 3:6..

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
God did not have forceps, but he had his power of retribution and divine ethnic cleansing. That much is clear from the Bible.

"I make peace and I create evil. I the Lord do all these things."
--Isaiah

clamity, disaster - NOT evil and "ethnic cleansing" but spiritual cleansing

Isaiah 45:7 NIV - Isaiah 45:7 NKJV