Passing the offering plate at church

2003cobra

Last year my church stopped passing an offering plate.

Enough people give on line or through direct transfers that the passing passed away.

What do you think?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Last year my church stopped passing an offering plate.

Enough people give on line or through direct transfers that the passing passed away.

What do you think?
Shalom.

I am Jewish and I do not attend a church though I used to be a Christian. I am a proselyte and a convert to Israel and Judaism. I read study observe keep and teach the Torah. I accept the TaNaK and Matthew through Revelation. I believe Yeshua to be the Messiah.

May I comment, this having been said? You are talking about online giving and direct transfers. This sounds like banking or making payments. You are talking about your church. Likely there is not a way for you to give according to what we read in the Torah, being that you are a church goer. I assume that you are. What is keeping you in a church and causing you to give in this way or fashion?

Shalom.

Jacob

2003cobra

The scriptures in Hebrew 10 say:
And let us consider how to provoke one another to love and good deeds, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

So are instructed to meet together. So my wife and I attend services and also lead a small group.

And my church also has excellent teaching.

And scripture also teaches that we should give as God has prospered us. Jesus said that to whom much is given, much is required.

And God has given me much, and I am blessed, so I give back much.

My personal opinion is that God is always looking for people who will do good things with the resources that they are given.

So, how do you believe that you are instructed to give in the Torah?