People that can't apologize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecumenicist

What is it with people that can't apologize?

These same people see an apology from someone else, and they're like sharks who
smell blood, they tear into them.

Its ridiculuous.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

These same people see an apology from someone else, and they're like sharks who smell blood, they tear into them.

Its ridiculuous.

I have alot of respect for ppl that are able to look at themselves and a situation honestly and then go on to apologize and ask for forgiveness from someone else.

What I do find annoying, however, are those that DEMAND an apology because they *believe* they have been wronged. Why on earth would anyone want or demand an apology from someone when it wouldn't be sincere? That just makes no sense.

Ecumenicist

I have alot of respect for ppl that are able to look at themselves and a situation honestly and then go on to apologize and ask for forgiveness from someone else.

What I do find annoying, however, are those that DEMAND an apology because they *believe* they have been wronged. Why on earth would anyone want or demand an apology from someone when it wouldn't be sincere? That just makes no sense.

True, but even in that case its an opportunity to say "I'm sorry you feel that way, it wasn't my
intention to hurt you."

Unless, of course, that WAS the intention, in which case, we're back to square one.

Even in that case, I'd rather hear "I meant to hurt you, I'm glad you're hurt, and I'm not
apologetic," than some stupid denial, redirection, or even silence.

koban

Its ridiculuous.

When one is always right, what is there to apologize for?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When one is always right, what is there to apologize for?

Well, for one, no one is *always* right...and normally it are those that are incapable of dealing with that idea that it's okay to be wrong at times that have the biggest problems with apologizing or asking for forgiveness.

koban

Well, for one, no one is *always* right...and normally it are those that are incapable of dealing with that idea that it's okay to be wrong at times that have the biggest problems with apologizing or asking for forgiveness.

Yes, I was speaking tongue in cheek. Let me re-phrase it:

When one believes they are always right, what is there to apologize for?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, I was speaking tongue in cheek. Let me re-phrase it:

When one believes they are always right, what is there to apologize for?

Ah gotcha! Sorry about that...sometimes I take things too literally, LOL...:)

Chileice

Its ridiculuous.

I find this puzzling as well. Even in politics, or maybe, especially in politics, people defend themselves even though they know they have been wrong and have wronged others. Still, they will persist to the end in order to "save face" rather than apologize. It is annoying.

koban

One of my earliest childhood memories is of Joey T's mother screaming at me. Joey was a neighbor, my age, but a little runt of a kid. He had an attitude and would often provoke scuffles which he came out the worse in, upon which he would go crying for mommy. Mommy was an enormous Italian woman (enormous to my four year old eyes, anyways) and the memory I have is of her towering over me bellowing at me to apologize to Joey. I remember staring at her blankly, which just made her bellow more, but at that age, I had no idea what "apologize" meant.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One of my earliest childhood memories is of Joey T's mother screaming at me. Joey was a neighbor, my age, but a little runt of a kid. He had an attitude and would often provoke scuffles which he came out the worse in, upon which he would go crying for mommy. Mommy was an enormous Italian woman (enormous to my four year old eyes, anyways) and the memory I have is of her towering over me bellowing at me to apologize to Joey. I remember staring at her blankly, which just made her bellow more, but at that age, I had no idea what "apologize" meant.
You mean you understand the concept now??!

:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.