Polygamy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balder

Are all the people here the collective "bride" of one groom, Jesus, the males included? That's pretty rad! Polygamy and gay marriage all in one!

;)

cravescheese

The church is referred to as the bride of Christ. The church is the bride (female), the bridegroom Jesus being male so there is no justification of homosexuality in that depiction.

The parable of the 10 virgins does imply that the relationship of the bridegroom to the brides is hetrosexually polygamous.

elohiym

Re: Polygamy?

Originally posted by cravescheese

Can someone tell me why Bob Enyart believes polygamy is sin?
Why would anyone think that polygamy was a sin? Where can I find that in the Bible.

Polygamy is marriage.

cravescheese

And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if [that had been] too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.

2 Samuel 12:8 KJV

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The church is referred to as the bride of Christ. The church is the bride (female), the bridegroom Jesus being male so there is no justification of homosexuality in that depiction.

The parable of the 10 virgins does imply that the relationship of the bridegroom to the brides is hetrosexually polygamous.
Actually, the church is the Body of Christ (male). Isreal is the Bride of Christ (female).

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Balder

Are all the people here the collective "bride" of one groom, Jesus, the males included? That's pretty rad! Polygamy and gay marriage all in one!

;)
:troll:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I should clarify, does he consider it sin and if so why?
You can call him at 800-8ENYART (800-836-9278), preferably on a weekday at 5PM Eastern so that we call listen in. ;)

cravescheese

Originally posted by Turbo

You can call him at 800-8ENYART (800-836-9278), preferably on a weekday at 5PM Eastern so that we call listen in. ;)

I have heard him talk negatively about polygamy, but I have never heard him say it is sin. I assume that he believes it to be sin, but I don't know what justification he uses. I don't want to call him about this. You can call him yourself since you seem to think that that is such a good thing.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You can call him yourself since you seem to think that that is such a good thing.
Nah. I've heard him discuss this topic before. I'll look around the archives to see if I can find a relevant show for you.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Scripture to justify your assertion?
There is so much of it! I really don't have the energy to put it together tonight though.

Maybe tomorrow.

cravescheese

I listened to the show, but I didn't see how Enyart can justify a claim that polygamy is sin.

I posted a verse where Nathan the prophet is speaking for God. Therefore this is God speaking:

And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if [that had been] too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.

2 Samuel 12:8 KJV

So God says that He gave David multiple wives and would have given him more had he asked.

How can polygamy be sin if God gave a man multiple wives?

The context of the verse is Nathan rebuking David for his sin of adultery and murder. God could easily had rebuked him for being polygamous if that were a sin. He did not and in fact He declares that He gave David the wives, in otherwords caused David to be polygamous.

Polygamy is not sinful. Laws against polygamy are unjust and against God's will and should be repealed.

1PeaceMaker

I agree with you here. Polygamy is a great way to give a woman the advantage!

And lots more friends and family, ect.....

Go ladies! Get yourself a proven man, a married man!

Men, watch out, we get the magority vote! LOL

I don't think it gives men the advantage, because men have to work harder to get the scarcer women, and treat them a little better to keep them. But I bet there would be less adultery.

PeaceMaker

Status
Not open for further replies.