• Jerry Shugart

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Dee Dee Warren

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Shugart

According to Dee Dee,the Lord is now reigning in His kingdom and is NOW sitting on His throne.

But is that according to Scripture?

"We have such a High Priest,Who is seated ON THE RIGHT HAND OF THE THRONE of the Majesty in the heavens"(Heb.8:1).

According to this verse,the Lord is not seated on the throne of the Majesty,but instead is sitting at the right hand of that throne.

At another place the same thing is again stated,that the Lord Jesus is now sitting "at the right hand of the throne of God"(Heb.12:2).

We can also see that John describes the Lord Jesus as STANDING and opening the scroll that is "in the right hand of Him that sat on the throne" in heaven (Rev.5:1,5).

No,the Lord is not now sitting on the thone of God,but instead is sitting at the right hand of that throne.

However,in the future the Lord Jesus will sit in David´s throne(Acts2:29,30),and when He does sit in that throne He will begin to rule over the kingdom that will be established on the earth:

"He shall be great,and shall be called the Son of the Highest;and the Lord God shall give unto Him THE THRONE OF HIS FATHER,David.And He shall reign over the house of Jacob forever;and of His kingdom there shall be no end"(Lk.1:32,33).

In His grace,--Jerry

D

Dee Dee Warren

No,the Lord is not now sitting on the thone of God,but instead is sitting at the right hand of that throne.

Really??

Revelation 3:21, "To him who overcomes, I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, AS I ALSO OVERCAME AND SAT DOWN WITH MY FATHER ON HIS THRONE."

Obviously God the Father has neihter "right hand" nor "bottom" to sit on a literal throne. These are figurative expressions of "position" and "authority" which Christ NOW POSSESSES ALL OF!!

He is the now-reigning King.

rapt

Yeah, y'all can have him if you can nail down STP. Jerry is sliperrier than any snake greased with lard. He refuses to believe the scriptures that refute his heresy, and he's SO BORING that I've had quite enough of his posts. He's on my ignore, and I had only sneaked a few peeks but now it's over. Why cast any more pearls? Why greive my spirit by reading his nonsense?

If there is anyone reading this thread that isn't posting here, but would like to discuss dispensationalism or what I've said against it, please email me. I'm outta here.

D

Dee Dee Warren

Ditto Rapt. I am ready, willing, and actually eager to debate Jerry further but I insist upon the ground rules that I have already stated, and any Jerry wishes to add. The ball is in his court.... if he actually wants to debate, he should have no problem with them. If not, then I have tastier fish to fry. Hmmm, that just made me hungry. Is it lunch yet??

Jerry Shugart

If the Lord is now reigning in His kingdom,as Dee Dee says,then when did His Apostles judge the Twelve Tribes of Israel and when did He drink of the fruit of the vine with His Apostles:

"That ye may eat and drink at My table in My Kingdom,and sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel"(Lk.22:30).

"I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine,until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father´s Kingdom"(Mt.26:29).

I have repeatedly asked when this happened,but I have yet to receive an answer.

If the Lord is NOW reigning in His kingdom,then we would expect to see the twelve apostles sitting on their thrones and judging the twelve tribes of Israel.Is that happening NOW?

And what about the words in regard to the Lord sitting on David´s throne.Dee Dee argued that He would never sit on a throne on earth and rule.Perhaps Dee Dee will say that that throne is not a literal throne either,despite the fact that Solomon did in fact sit on that throne.

She made no comments on the following verses:

"He shall be great,and shall be called the Son of the Highest;and the Lord God shall give unto Him the throne of His father,David.And He shall reign over the house of Jacob forever;and of His Kingdom there shall be no end"(Lk.1:32,33).

Is the Lord Jesus now sitting on David´s throne,Dee Dee?

In His grace,--Jerry

D

Dee Dee Warren

I have repeatedly asked when this happened,but I have yet to receive an answer.

LOLOL!!! I am ready, willing, and eager to debate you further once you agree to certain very reasonable ground rules and propose any that you would like.

Jerry Shugart

It seems that Dee Dee picks and chooses what she will debate.When she has a verse that she thinks helps her case,she is right in the middle of the debate.

But when she is asked to answer Scripture that she has no answer,all of a sudden she wants no part of the debate.

Who does she think she is fooling?

And why would she even come on this thread if she does not think the rules and regulations are fair?

D

Dee Dee Warren

LOLOL!!! I am ready, willing, and eager to debate you further once you agree to certain very reasonable ground rules and propose any that you would like.

And why would she even come on this thread if she does not think the rules and regulations are fair?

You are special and require additional ones. My offer remains open, but is obvious that you are terrified of the "quote and answer" stipulation. Since I am not worried about a thing that you may say, I have no problem with such a format.

Jerry Shugart

If you are not worried about anything I might say,why are you constantly running and hiding?

If this is the best you can do,Dee Dee,I am out of here!

I wish you the best in whatever you attempt to do.

In His grace,--Jerry

Last edited:
D

Dee Dee Warren

Give a man some rules and he bolts. There is nothing new under the sun.

Revelation717

Jeery is the first official ignoree on my list. Congrats!

Jerry will you please tell everyone else here why you couldn't provide the quotes to prove you false accusations against me?

I thought not!

:down:

D

Dee Dee Warren

I would put him on ignore, but I don't want to miss his agreement to some ground rules if he ever does agree. I know it is not likely, but hey, I'm an optimistic gal. I am postmillenial after all :)

D

Dee Dee Warren

Hey Rev: Did you get that article I sent you alright?? Rapt had problems opening it, so I found a link to it online. Let me know if you need the link and if you are interested in receiving that other information that I mentioned.

Revelation717

Y' know for someone who got soooo many votes, his staff is silent. Besides Sola Unscriptural we haven't heard from any of Jerry's proponenets. Besides Knight's vote for Jerry, I'd say Jerry should have only received 3 votes.

I honestly think someone has been dishonest. Someone is voting on multiple computers. Possibly at the office or something.

Knowing Jerry's obvious willingness to lie, I wouldn't put cheating past him either.

Is there any way we can know who voted and for who?

We should be able to know who voted at least. I think maybe ghosts are voting. :nono:

D

Dee Dee Warren

Just for general information... here are the big mean and nasty ground rules that I proposed for Jerry:

Dear Jerry:

In light of your eagerness for a further thrashing, and my willingness to oblige you this is what I propose. If you and I can agree to these terms, fine, and if not, well then I will move on to other things. You apparently do not have a job (and I am not suggesting that you are a bum, or stupid, or lazy... I actually am suggesting that you may be retired or be fortunate enough to have a more flexible than I do) and can post a thousand things a day. I cannot, and I refuse to have responding to you dominate my day.

So.... FIRST - I propose that you and I limit the majority of our interactions to here so that our responses are not located all over creation and so that we both can have mutual peace from each other in our other endeavors.

SECOND: That we limit ourselves to one substantive post (of any length without whining) per week or so (give or take a day or two).

THIRD: That our responses to each other be of the "quote" and "answer" style in which every single point of each other's post will be acknowledged and answered.

** the "here" referenced was the Back Alley

Status
Not open for further replies.