Pre Election Fake News About Jobs

marke

I don't support any candidates for corrupt offices.

How about providing what you think are the attributes of Christians, if perfect sinlessness isn't believable to you?
The clean and holy are not the ones who gravitated to the Lorde, but those sinners in trouble and needing and wanting His help. King David at the cave Adullam was a type of the Lord in His rejection.

1 Samuel 22
King James Version

1 David therefore departed thence, and escaped to the cave Adullam: and when his brethren and all his father's house heard it, they went down thither to him.
2 And every one that was in distress, and every one that was in debt, and every one that was discontented, gathered themselves unto him; and he became a captain over them: and there were with him about four hundred men.​

The Bridegroom in Song of Solomon was not captivated by the do-gooders in the camp but was smitten by the black but beautiful Shulamite who was a failure at maintaining her responsibilities but a success in abandoning everything to be with her Beloved.

Song 1

4 Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.

5 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

6 Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.

7 Tell me, O thou whom my soul loveth, where thou feedest, where thou makest thy flock to rest at noon: for why should I be as one that turneth aside by the flocks of thy companions?

Hoping

Banned
The clean and holy are not the ones who gravitated to the Lorde, but those sinners in trouble and needing and wanting His help. King David at the cave Adullam was a type of the Lord in His rejection.

1 Samuel 22​

King James Version​

1 David therefore departed thence, and escaped to the cave Adullam: and when his brethren and all his father's house heard it, they went down thither to him.​

2 And every one that was in distress, and every one that was in debt, and every one that was discontented, gathered themselves unto him; and he became a captain over them: and there were with him about four hundred men.​

The Bridegroom in Song of Solomon was not captivated by the do-gooders in the camp but was smitten by the black but beautiful Shulamite who was a failure at maintaining her responsibilities but a success in abandoning everything to be with her Beloved.

Song 1

4 Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.

5 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

6 Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.

7 Tell me, O thou whom my soul loveth, where thou feedest, where thou makest thy flock to rest at noon: for why should I be as one that turneth aside by the flocks of thy companions?
King David wasn't a Christian.
He was walking in the flesh all of his life.
Christians, on the other hand, walk in the Spirit, and not after the flesh.
What are the attributes of a Christian?

marke

King David wasn't a Christian.
He was walking in the flesh all of his life.
Christians, on the other hand, walk in the Spirit, and not after the flesh.
What are the attributes of a Christian?
Yes, King David was a sinner of whom God said he was a man after His own heart. Jesus is not seeking followers who imagine they are keeping themselves free from sin because there are no such creatures keeping themselves free from sin. If God desired sinless perfection from His followers on earth then why does He allow Christians to remain in earthen bodies (in which dwelleth no good thing) in conflict with our new Spiritual natures?

Romans 7:17-19
King James Version

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.​

Hoping

Banned
Yes, King David was a sinner of whom God said he was a man after His own heart. Jesus is not seeking followers who imagine they are keeping themselves free from sin because there are no such creatures keeping themselves free from sin. If God desired sinless perfection from His followers on earth then why does He allow Christians to remain in earthen bodies (in which dwelleth no good thing) in conflict with our new Spiritual natures?

Romans 7:17-19​

King James Version​

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.​

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.​

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.​

Paul is referring to his past as a Pharisee/Jew trying to live under the Law.
Thankfully, as Rom 6:3-7 had shown, the flesh can be killed, buried, and raised with Christ to walk in newness of life.
David didn't have that means of rebirth.

marke

Paul is referring to his past as a Pharisee/Jew trying to live under the Law.
Thankfully, as Rom 6:3-7 had shown, the flesh can be killed, buried, and raised with Christ to walk in newness of life.
David didn't have that means of rebirth.
Poor students of the Bible mangle verses they have no business trying to interpret. Here is what Paul said in 1 Timothy 1:

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Notice the tense phrases "was before" (past tense), "I obtained" (past tense), and "I am" (present tense.)

Here is what Paul said in Romans 7:

14 For we know that the law is (present tense) spiritual: but I am (present tense) carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do (present tense) I allow not (present tense): for what I would, that do (present tense) I not; but what I hate, that do (present tense) I.

16 If then I do (present tense) that which I would not, I consent (present tense) unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do (present tense) it, but sin that dwelleth (present tense) in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth (present tense) no good thing: for to will is (present tense) present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do (present tense) not: but the evil which I would not, that I do (present tense).

20 Now if I do (present tense) that I would not, it is no more I that do (present tense) it, but sin that dwelleth (present tense) in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do (present tense) good, evil is (present tense) present with me.

22 For I delight (present tense) in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is (present tense) in my members.

How important is it to be accurate about the tenses of words in the Bible? Extremely, as the Lord pointed out in Mark 12. A change in the tense used in a Bible verse would change the whole meaning of the verse and support a false doctrine, while the correct tense of the verse proves true doctrine against those who err.
25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

26 And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?

27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

The Bible did not say, I was the God of Abraham," but, instead, clearly said, "I am the God of Abraham."

Hoping

Banned
Poor students of the Bible mangle verses they have no business trying to interpret. Here is what Paul said in 1 Timothy 1:

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Notice the tense phrases "was before" (past tense), "I obtained" (past tense), and "I am" (present tense.)

Here is what Paul said in Romans 7:

14 For we know that the law is (present tense) spiritual: but I am (present tense) carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do (present tense) I allow not (present tense): for what I would, that do (present tense) I not; but what I hate, that do (present tense) I.

16 If then I do (present tense) that which I would not, I consent (present tense) unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do (present tense) it, but sin that dwelleth (present tense) in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth (present tense) no good thing: for to will is (present tense) present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do (present tense) not: but the evil which I would not, that I do (present tense).

20 Now if I do (present tense) that I would not, it is no more I that do (present tense) it, but sin that dwelleth (present tense) in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do (present tense) good, evil is (present tense) present with me.

22 For I delight (present tense) in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is (present tense) in my members.
This law of sin is mentioned again in Rom 8:2..."For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death."
Paul is now free of the law of sin, pointing out that his prior lament was a narration of his past.
I see you left out Rom 7:24..."O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"
That lament of the body from his past was already answered in Rom 6:6..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."
It was crucified with Christ, and was destroyed.
That is why Rom 7:25 starts with "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord."..., before Paul makes the final differentiation of past and present.

Ever heard of "present-narrative" tense?
Rom 7:5..."For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death."
Rom 7:18..."For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not."
Both verses make reference to Paul's, and our, pasts.
Paul goes on the describe a situation from when he still walked in the flesh.
He ends Rom 7 with the final distinguishing of past from present..."I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."
He isn't "IN" the flesh anymore.
How important is it to be accurate about the tenses of words in the Bible? Extremely, as the Lord pointed out in Mark 12. A change in the tense used in a Bible verse would change the whole meaning of the verse and support a false doctrine, while the correct tense of the verse proves true doctrine against those who err.
25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

26 And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?

27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

The Bible did not say, I was the God of Abraham," but, instead, clearly said, "I am the God of Abraham."
Amen to that.
Just as a lament of the past musn't be construed as a present condition.

marke

This law of sin is mentioned again in Rom 8:2..."For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death."
Paul is now free of the law of sin, pointing out that his prior lament was a narration of his past.
I see you left out Rom 7:24..."O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"
That lament of the body from his past was already answered in Rom 6:6..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."
It was crucified with Christ, and was destroyed.
That is why Rom 7:25 starts with "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord."..., before Paul makes the final differentiation of past and present.

Ever heard of "present-narrative" tense?
Rom 7:5..."For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death."
Rom 7:18..."For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not."
Both verses make reference to Paul's, and our, pasts.
Paul goes on the describe a situation from when he still walked in the flesh.
He ends Rom 7 with the final distinguishing of past from present..."I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."
He isn't "IN" the flesh anymore.

Amen to that.
Just as a lament of the past musn't be construed as a present condition.
The lament of the past does not make sense. Why would a born-again Christian like Paul claim he served God with his mind before he got saved if he was supposedly talking about the past instead of the present?