Prologue of Revelation

Lilstu

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, 2 who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. 3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.

Does it seem "odd" to anyone that God gave Jesus the Revelation. As Jesus is God himself didn't he already know?

3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.

“”for the time is near””
This ties in with Revelation 22:!0 10 And he *said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, “for the time is near“

Revelation 22:12 12 “Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.

Unfortunately, the time was not near as that was almost 2000 years ago. Jesus has not come “quickly” as that was almost 2000 years ago.

IMO the NT writers expected Jesus to come quickly and soon but this has not happened.

I can understand why Jesus messed up on the timing of his coming. He didn’t know.
Matthew 24:36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.
Jesus just didn’t know the timeline. Shouldn't God know everything?