Prophecies of Jesus

Gary K

Banned
I'm always amazed by the incredibility of specificity of the prophecies concerning Jesus.

Psalm 22: 18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

John 19: 24 They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots. These things therefore the soldiers did.

Isaiah 53: 9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.*n8

John 19: 38 ¶And after this Joseph of Arimathea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, besought Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus: and Pilate gave him leave. He came therefore, and took the body of Jesus.

Even the BBC confirms his wealth.

We know Jesus did no violence, other than overthrow the tables of the money changers when He cleansed the temple, and He was not a liar.

Gary K

Banned
Daniel 9: 24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.*
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.*n14*n15*n16
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Here is a link to specific information as to how the ancient Jews figured their year started and stopped and the timeline of the 70 weeks is prophecied.

As to the troublous times what Biblical evidence do we have?

Nehemiah 5: 1 But it came to pass, that when Sanballat heard that we builded the wall, he was wroth, and took great indignation, and mocked the Jews.
2 And he spake before his brethren and the army of Samaria, and said, What do these feeble Jews? will they fortify themselves? will they sacrifice? will they make an end in a day? will they revive the stones out of the heaps of the rubbish which are burned?*n1
3 Now Tobiah the Ammonite was by him, and he said, Even that which they build, if a fox go up, he shall even break down their stone wall.
4 Hear, O our God; for we are despised: and turn their reproach upon their own head, and give them for a prey in the land of captivity:*n2
5 And cover not their iniquity, and let not their sin be blotted out from before thee: for they have provoked thee to anger before the builders.
6 So built we the wall; and all the wall was joined together unto the half thereof: for the people had a mind to work.
7 ¶But it came to pass, that when Sanballat, and Tobiah, and the Arabians, and the Ammonites, and the Ashdodites, heard that the walls of Jerusalem were made up, and that the breaches began to be stopped, then they were very wroth,*n3
8 And conspired all of them together to come and to fight against Jerusalem, and to hinder it.*n4
9 Nevertheless we made our prayer unto our God, and set a watch against them day and night, because of them.
10 And Judah said, The strength of the bearers of burdens is decayed, and there is much rubbish; so that we are not able to build the wall.
11 And our adversaries said, They shall not know, neither see, till we come in the midst among them, and slay them, and cause the work to cease.
12 And it came to pass, that when the Jews which dwelt by them came, they said unto us ten times, From all places whence ye shall return unto us they will be upon you.*n5
13 ¶Therefore set I in the lower places behind the wall, and on the higher places, I even set the people after their families with their swords, their spears, and their bows

So when did Herod kill all the infants in Bethlehem? AD 4 according to this article.

This puts Jesus' birth before AD 2.

Sixty nine weeks ends in AD 27 when Jesus' ministry began, His death occurred in midweek in AD 30 and the week ended with Stephen's martyrdom at AD 33.

Last edited:

Gary K

Banned
Here are more prophecies of Jesus.

Isaiah 7: 13 And he said, Hear ye now, O house of David; Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will ye weary my God also?
14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel

Matthew 1: 18 ¶Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.
20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Micah 5: 2 But thou, Beth–lehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Luke 2: 1 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Cesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.
2 (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
3 And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

Here is what Paul says about this.

Galatians 4: 4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

Last edited:

Gary K

Banned
Hosea 11: 1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

Matthew 2: 13 And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
14 When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:
15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

Malachi 3: 1 Behold, I send my messenger and he will prepare the
way before me. Then suddenly the Lord whom you seek will come to his temple;
and the messenger of the covenant in whom you delight, behold, he is coming,
says the Lord of hosts.

Luke 2: 25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord’s Christ.
27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,

Isaiah 40: 3 ¶The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Matthew 3: 1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judea,
2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Isaiah 35: 5 Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
6 Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.

Matthew 11: 2 Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,
3 And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?
4 Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:
5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

Right Divider

Body part
You should learn about the revelation of the mystery.

Rom 16:25 (KJV) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Gary K

Banned
Here is a dual prophecy concerning Jesus.

Daniel 9: 24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Matthew 1: 20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

For more on this concept read my thread Is sinning a necessary condition.

Gary K

Banned
Isaiah 53: 7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Matthew 27:12 And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders, he answered nothing.

Luke 23: 8 ¶And when Herod saw Jesus, he was exceeding glad: for he was desirous to see him of a long season, because he had heard many things of him; and he hoped to have seen some miracle done by him.
9 Then he questioned with him in many words; but he answered him nothing.

Psalm 22: 16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

Luke 23: 33 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.

Exodus 12: 46 In one house shall it be eaten; thou shalt not carry forth ought of the flesh abroad out of the house; neither shall ye break a bone thereof.

Psalm 34: 20 He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.

John 19: 31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
32 Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.
33 But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:
34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

Do you know why blood and water flowed from the side of Jesus? It's indicative of a broken heart. The pain of carrying the sins of the world is what actually killed Him.

Gary K

Banned
That's not what the Bible says.

Matthew 26: 38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.

Luke 22: 43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

Jesus was sweating blood in Gethsemane and on His way to where He prayed said He was exceeding sorrowful even unto death. What do you think would have happened if His Father hadn't sent an angel to strengthen Him? Have you ever sweated blood? I haven't, and have never heard of anyone who has other than Jesus. Have you ever carried the guilt of all the sins of everyone who has ever lived on this world? How can you say it didn't?

John 19: 30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

So why did the soldiers have to break the legs of the two thieves and yet Jesus was already dead? It is extremely obvious that it wasn't the cross that killed Him.

John 19: 32 Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.
33 But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Matthew 26: 38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.

Luke 22: 43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

Jesus was sweating blood in Gethsemane and on His way to where He prayed said He was exceeding sorrowful even unto death. What do you think would have happened if His Father hadn't sent an angel to strengthen Him? Have you ever sweated blood? I haven't, and have never heard of anyone who has other than Jesus. Have you ever carried the guilt of all the sins of everyone who has ever lived on this world? How can you say it didn't?

John 19: 30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

So why did the soldiers have to break the legs of the two thieves and yet Jesus was already dead? It is extremely obvious that it wasn't the cross that killed Him.

John 19: 32 Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.

You seem to be forgetting something:

Now from the sixth hour until the ninth hour there was darkness over all the land. And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” Some of those who stood there, when they heard that, said, “This Man is calling for Elijah!” Immediately one of them ran and took a sponge, filled it with sour wine and put it on a reed, and offered it to Him to drink. The rest said, “Let Him alone; let us see if Elijah will come to save Him.” And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.

Gary K

Banned
You seem to be forgetting something:

Now from the sixth hour until the ninth hour there was darkness over all the land. And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” Some of those who stood there, when they heard that, said, “This Man is calling for Elijah!” Immediately one of them ran and took a sponge, filled it with sour wine and put it on a reed, and offered it to Him to drink. The rest said, “Let Him alone; let us see if Elijah will come to save Him.” And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.
Two things. Jesus was already dead and the two thieves weren't.

You defeat your own assertion with the quote of scripture. Does someone who is so weakened by the pain created by being crucified have the physical energy to "cry out with a loud voice" and then immediately die? That contradicts everything we know about the physical weakening of the human body previous to death. People's voices get weaker so that it's hard to hear their voice. I know as I was present at the death of my father-in-law.

Right Divider

Body part

Jesus was severely beaten prior to His crucifixion; not so the thieves.

Your fanciful story is just a myth.

Gary K

Banned
Jesus was severely beaten prior to His crucifixion; not so the thieves.

Your fanciful story is just a myth.
Current medical science disagrees with you. The following comes from a break up of a strictly human relationship. Jesus died from the supernatural event of carrying all the guilt of everyone who ever lived and will live.

Right Divider

Body part
Current medical science disagrees with you.
So what?
The following comes from a break up of a strictly human relationship. Jesus died from the supernatural event of carrying all the guilt of everyone who ever lived and will live.
Again, show us the SCRIPTURE that says this.

Scripture says that He died on the cross; i.e., crucified.

Paul heavily emphasizes the CROSS and never mentions "death by a broken heart".

Gal 6:14 (AKJV/PCE)​
(6:14) But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.​
1Cor 1:18 (AKJV/PCE)​
(1:18) For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.​
Phil 2:8 (AKJV/PCE)​
(2:8) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.​

You've been fed a fairy story and you believed it.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, it's a cute story. It might have even been a contributing factor. But it was not the primary cause of death.

Last edited:

Gary K

Banned
So what?

Again, show us the SCRIPTURE that says this.

Scripture says that He died on the cross; i.e., crucified.

Paul heavily emphasizes the CROSS and never mentions "death by a broken heart".

Gal 6:14 (AKJV/PCE)​
(6:14) But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.​
1Cor 1:18 (AKJV/PCE)​
(1:18) For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.​
Phil 2:8 (AKJV/PCE)​
(2:8) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.​

You've been fed a fairy story and you believed it.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, it's a cute story. It might have even been a contributing factor. But it was not the primary cause of death.
Yes, Jesus died on the cross. So? That doesn't mean He didn't die of a broken heart. It seems to me you really minimize the love of God in your refusal to accept this as the love of God is more than we can understand and the refusal of billions of people to accept His sacrifice would be more emotional pain than the human heart can stand.

Jesus was dying in the garden of Gethsemane just from carrying humanity's guilt and would have if the angel hadn't strengthened Him.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Two things. Jesus was already dead and the two thieves weren't.

When they went to break his shins, as was typical? Yes.

You defeat your own assertion with the quote of scripture.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

Does someone who is so weakened by the pain created by being crucified have the physical energy to "cry out with a loud voice" and then immediately die?

That's what Scripture says happened with Jesus.

Why do you deny that's what happened? Why are you denying scripture?

That contradicts everything we know about the physical weakening of the human body previous to death. People's voices get weaker so that it's hard to hear their voice. I know as I was present at the death of my father-in-law.

Your anecdotal evidence isn't good enough.

Scripture says:

"Yielded up His spirit" means He died.

Why do you dispute this?

Yes, Jesus died on the cross. So? That doesn't mean He didn't die of a broken heart.

If He died of a broken heart, it wasn't because of the sin.

It was because of His separation from the Father. (cf. Matthew 27:46)

It seems to me you really minimize the love of God in your refusal to accept this as the love of God is more than we can understand and the refusal of billions of people to accept His sacrifice would be more emotional pain than the human heart can stand.

Typical response of someone who can't accept that they're wrong, and so has to villainize his opponent in order to make himself look better.

Jesus was dying in the garden of Gethsemane just from carrying humanity's guilt and would have if the angel hadn't strengthened Him.

Gary K

Banned
When they went to break his shins, as was typical? Yes.

That's what Scripture says happened with Jesus.

Why do you deny that's what happened? Why are you denying scripture?

Your anecdotal evidence isn't good enough.

Scripture says:

"Yielded up His spirit" means He died.

Why do you dispute this?

If He died of a broken heart, it wasn't because of the sin.

It was because of His separation from the Father. (cf. Matthew 27:46)

Typical response of someone who can't accept that they're wrong, and so has to villainize his opponent in order to make himself look better.

Neither does your saying it make it not true.

Explain the two separate streams of water and blood.