Prophecies of Jesus

Gary K

Banned
Yawn.

You're the one making the claim. The onus is on you to support it.
I see. So you disagreeing with me means you don't need to explain your view of scripture. Ironic how your view of scripture diminishes how much God loves us and how great our guilt of sinning really is while you pretend innocence of any disregard for God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Clearly not.

So you disagreeing with me means you don't need to explain your view of scripture.

I have already done so, where you have made claims.

And that's all you've made. Claims. No supporting arguments.

Ironic how your view of scripture diminishes how much God loves us and how great our guilt of sinning really is while you pretend innocence of any disregard for God.

Ad hominem.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Does someone who is so weakened by the pain created by being crucified have the physical energy to "cry out with a loud voice" and then immediately die? That contradicts everything we know about the physical weakening of the human body previous to death. People's voices get weaker so that it's hard to hear their voice. I know as I was present at the death of my father-in-law.
So he starts a thread on prophecy about the Lord Jesus Christ then denies the most important testimony he states of himself to prove he is who he says he is.

False Moniker

Something I've always been a little curious about, never had an opportunity to ask this of a Christian... couldn't the authors of the gospels, being familiar with the OT prophecies, have simply constructed their narratives around them? As a non-believer it seems a far simpler explanation than supernatural intervention. I know the simplest answer isn't always the best or accurate answer, but it does seem to me to be far more likely that there was some copy and pasting going on rather than prophecy fulfillment. Did I word that in a way that makes sense? Not trying to get anyone's goat by asking but I am interested in how a Christian would respond to such a thought.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
couldn't the authors of the gospels, being familiar with the OT prophecies, have simply constructed their narratives around them?
Of course they could. Now compare that to nonsense non-Biblical prophecy that is wrong. Do you question them?

What are the odds that David got it right 1000 years before, and just as important hundreds of years before the Romans started crucifying people. It is ok to ask questions, but you ask questions like "Is the moon made of cheese?" and expect a real reply. Delve into the non-Biblical history of Jesus then ask again. That isn't rhetorical or snotty, go read up.

False Moniker

Of course they could. Now compare that to nonsense non-Biblical prophecy that is wrong. Do you question them?

What are the odds that David got it right 1000 years before, and just as important hundreds of years before the Romans started crucifying people. It is ok to ask questions, but you ask questions like "Is the moon made of cheese?" and expect a real reply. Delve into the non-Biblical history of Jesus then ask again. That isn't rhetorical or snotty, go read up.

I don't believe in prophecy at all, whether it's biblical or otherwise.

What I'm saying is, from my non-believing perspective, David didn't get it right. He wrote something down, allegedly, and one thousand years later the gospel authors copied and pasted it from the Old Testament into the New Testament to give their narrative the appearance of having reported prophecy fulfillment. Why not? It's far more realistic than any notions of divine processes and intervention.

As for crucifixion, it was practiced by the Assyrians and the Babylonians. Even if the author of Psalm 22 does allude to crucifixion, it's likely the author was already familiar with the practice. But does Psalm 22 really reference crucifixion? Not according to this Hebrew translation, or this one, and this translation doesn't seem much like crucifixion either. It's far from open and shut that this verse references crucifixion and even if it does it was a common enough practice for the author to have been well aware of it.

And isn't Psalm 22 about David himself? It's not presented as a prophecy, he was belly aching about people hating him and wanting to kill him, if it was even written by him in the first place.

So again - and I apologize you got your nose out of joint over this question - how is this not copying and pasting from the OT to the NT? How is prophecy fulfillment more realistic than copying and pasting?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He wrote something down, allegedly, and one thousand years later the gospel authors copied and pasted it from the Old Testament into the New Testament to give their narrative the appearance of having reported prophecy fulfillment. Why not?
I just said look up Roman history on it. You are not seeking answers, just another demon possessed pervert trying to pull people from the faith. David probably had no idea what he was writing. Who pierced his hands and feet and made his blood pour out? Dogs are the gentiles if you didn't know. Those things didn't happen to David, they happened the Lord Jesus Christ.

After you look up what the Romans wrote, I will continue.

Last edited:

False Moniker

I just said look up Roman history on it. You are not seeking answers, just another demon possessed pervert trying to pull people from the faith. David probably had no idea what he was writing. Who pierced his hands and feet and made his blood pour out? Dogs are the gentiles if you didn't know. Those things didn't happen to David, they happened the Lord Jesus Christ.

After you look up what the Romans wrote, I will continue.
I'm a demon possessed pervert? Yikes. What Roman history am I supposed to be looking at? You're being pretty vague. Snotty isn't the word I would use to describe you but after having familiarized myself with the site rules I must admit I can't use the word I'm thinking 😆