Public shaming of drug addicts - Do you think its a deterant to drug use?

Public shaming of drug addicts - Do you think its a deterant to drug use?

• yes

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • no, please state why in thread

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
You'd be surprised at the discipline I use not telling you libertarians what I really think of you.

BTW, if Yorzhik should ever decide to respond to my post to him, I'll ask him how a society can be moral without having moral laws. Legalizing recreational drugs is hardly moral.
So alcohol and aspirin is immoral. I will say this. Someone's employer that it would be smart to legalize cannabis. The plant needs to be infected by insects to be dangerous. THC combined with amphetamines is known Ectasy. It may not be addictive; but it only causes a lot of brain damage. These drugs are more dangerous than nicotine or even cocaine.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I should have been more clear. First, I mean law of the state, not God's law.

You've said that you want the state to legalize recreational drug use, something that hardly embraces God's law as seen in Romans 13 and 1 Peter 2: 13-15.
Put in a nutshell, all crimes are sins but not all sins are crimes.
Downplay the seriousness of recreational drug use all that you want, but because it is extremely destructive to the individual, to the family unit, to communities and to a nation as a whole, it's a crime and needs to be one in the future.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I guess that you want to make alcohol illegal too?

You are so self-righteous it's amazing.
Leave it to a libertarian to compare someone having a glass of wine with dinner to shooting up heroin. Since you libertarians got a hold of laws dealing with alcohol consumption (decriminalizing drunk in public laws, allowing the sale of alcohol on Sundays, etc.) things have become much worse in America when it comes to alcohol consumption.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
(The use of) anything that quickly alters one's mental state through normal use should be illegal.

Billions of people can take a sip or more of an alcoholic beverage and not get drunk, but 1 hit off a pot blunt provides an immediate high to the average person.

In other words: getting high or drunk should be illegal.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
(The use of) anything that quickly alters one's mental state through normal use should be illegal.

Billions of people can take a sip or more of an alcoholic beverage and not get drunk, but 1 hit off a pot blunt provides an immediate high to the average person.

In other words: getting high or drunk should be illegal.
I frequently heard the story of my mother's first taste of wine. Back in her day, no one was surprised if a woman hadn't drunk alcohol because the culture frowned on women drinking and there was never a lack of things to quench one's thirst so most women didn't care. My father took her on a date to a nice restaurant and ordered wine. My mother didn't want to seem ungrateful, and being of age and having never talked about drinking alcohol since the subject had never come up, she thought this would be a good time to try it. Well, after the first glass she was unable to stand. Of course later she drank socially with a normal tolerance.

Are you sure a person cannot have a normal tolerance for other drugs the same way? I'll admit since I'm user I don't know. This isn't to say that drugs are good, but that you need to be careful about the message you send. If it turns out that a normal tolerance can easily be achieved, anyone who has achieved it will scoff at your message and you will have made things worse, not better.