Purposeful Obedience to God is The Issue.

Jenkins

I guess I'm just confused about what the point of your comment was initially.

All these examples are people who Jesus dealt with Himself.

God says weakness is a virtue in His eyes.

As far as ignorance, I don't see how that fits all these examples.

Your original comment...

... seems to suggest that 'diligently seeking God' is pointless because God sometimes acts upon those who aren't necessarily seeking Him. But in many of the examples we are not given any information about the individuals' level of faith or seeking of God.

The Bible doesn't refer to the two friends on the road to Emmaus as 'fools' at all, on the contrary. They were among the disciples/apostles when Mary Magdalene, and the other women, told everyone what happened at the tomb of Jesus. In fact, when Jesus inquired of them, their response showed a reverence for Christ and a knowledge of who He was and what He was all about.

"And they said unto Him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people: ..."
Acts 24:19

The Bible repeatedly makes the case that we should diligently seek God with all our heart.

I'm having trouble understanding what your case is against that is all.
Luke 24:25, "Oh fools and slow of heart to believe." Check it for yourself.

beloved57

"For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments." (1 John 5:3)

Dutiful compliance to literally obey God's Commands is the reality of righteousness. Simply "Doing Our Best," "Trying," "Being Excited!", "Sharing Our Hearts!", and "Knowing The Truth of the Bible" is not obedience.

Modern Christendom, which does contain some Real Christians, has been polluted and corrupted by sentimental nonsense being paraded as Doctrine and Morality. Much of that nonsense relates to estrogen driven feelings about what "Seems Nice." The word "nice" does not occur in Scripture.
Let me ask you, how purposeful was the Jesus Christs obedience to God and what did it accomplish and for whom Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.