Quotations of the day

FineLinen

"It is wondrous how, the truer we become, the more unerringly we know the ring of truth, can discern whether a man be true or not, and can fasten at once upon the rising lie in word and look and dissembling act - wondrous how the charity of Christ in the heart perceives every aberration from charity in others, in ungentle thought or slanderous tone." - F.W. Robertson

"If there be anything common to us by nature, it is the members of our corporeal frame; yet the apostle taught that these, guided by the spirit as its instruments, and obeying a holy will, become transfigured, so that, in his language, the body becomes a temple of the Holy Ghost, and the meanest faculties, the lowest appetites, the humblest organs are ennobled by the spirit mind which guides them." - Frederick W. Robertson

FineLinen

"Has it ever occurred to you that one hundred pianos all tuned to the same fork are automatically tuned to each other? They are of one accord by being tuned, not to each other, but to another standard to which each one must individually bow. So one hundred worshipers meeting together, each one looking away to Christ, are in heart nearer to each other than they could possibly be, were they to become ‘unity’ conscious and turn their eyes away from God to strive for closer fellowship." -A.W. Tozer

1611802659356.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"I'm not afraid of the devil. The devil can handle me - he's got judo I never heard of. But he can't handle the One to whom I'm joined; he can't handle the One to whom I'm united; he can't handle the One whose nature dwells in my nature." - A. W. Tozer

FineLinen

"The god created by the morbid imaginations of the carnal minds of religionists, and preached in most of the churches in the world, is a god who is less than the best human we know, and in most cases even less than the worst. Adolph Hitler is demonized because he killed several millions of innocent people, but the god of christianity is presented as one who will torture billions who somehow fail to hear of Him, or believe in Him, or committed the slightest of offence against Him, in the unending flames of eternal hell-fire, without any mercy whatsoever! In this view God becomes a monstrous tyrant, a subtle and celestial sadist, a vindictive and vicious power poised in retribution over man. The idol images of the pagans were exceedingly grotesque and frightening, yet I do not hesitate to tell you that the 'image' of God revered by the church systems of this world is even more grotesque and frightening!..." -J.Preston Eby

FineLinen

1611887966906.png

"Love is what God is, love is why Jesus came, and love is why he continues to come, year after year to person after person...May you experience this vast, expansive, infinite, indestructible love that has been yours all along. May you discover that this love is as wide as the sky and as small as the cracks in your heart no one else knows about, and may you know, deep in your bones, that love wins." -Rob Bell

Last edited:

FineLinen

"God's justice is a saving, healing, restorative justice, because the God to whom justice belongs is the Creator God who has yet to complete his original plan for creation and whose justice is designed not simply to restore balance to a world out of kilter but to bring to glorious completion and fruition the creation, teeming with life and possibility, that he made in the first place.” ― N.T. Wright1612005293989.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

“You weren't an accident. You weren't mass produced. You aren't an assembly-line product. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on the earth by the Master Craftsman.” - Max Lucado

FineLinen

"A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd." -Max Lucado

Attachments

• 1612134431309.png
    1612134431309.png
    246.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

FineLinen

“The idea that there is an unconditional love that relieves the pressure, forgives our failures, and replaces our fear with faith seems too good to be true.” - Preston Sprinkle1612179019764.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"There is this difference between the growth of some human beings and that of others: in the one case it is a continuous dying, in the other a continuous resurrection." -George MacDonald

FineLinen

“What we have at the moment isn't as the old liturgies used to say, the sure and certain hope of the resurrection of the dead, but a vague and fuzzy optimism that somehow things may work out in the end. ” - N.T. Wright

1612401246458.png

FineLinen

"Real prayer is communion with God, so that there will be common thoughts between His mind and ours. What is needed is for Him to fill our hearts with His thoughts, and then His desires will become our desires flowing back to Him." -Arthur W. Pink

“Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at His disposition, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts.” - Mother Teresa

“I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.” - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited:

FineLinen

"I have tasted a thrill in fellowship with God which has made anything discordant with God disgusting." -Frank Laubach

1612574686026.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"The trouble with nearly everybody who prays is that he says amen and runs away before God has a chance to reply. Listening to God is far more important than giving Him your ideas." -Frank Lauback

1612600023665.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"I don't always feel His presence. But God's promises do not depend upon my feelings; they rest upon His integrity." -R. C. Sproul

“If God is the Creator of the entire universe, then it must follow that He is the Lord of the whole universe. No part of the world is outside of His lordship. That means that no part of my life must be outside of His lordship.” - R.C. Sproul

Last edited:

FineLinen

"You don't make Him Lord. He's Lord already. You just recognize it." -Adrian Rogers

"Until the will and the affections are brought under the authority of Christ, we have not begun to understand, let alone to accept, His lordship." -Elisabeth Elliot

1612686471531.png