Quotations of the day

FineLinen

“Maturity is the ability to think, speak and act your feelings within the bounds of dignity. The measure of your maturity is how spiritual you become during the midst of your frustrations.” – Samuel Ullman

“It is through gratitude for the present moment that the spiritual dimension of life opens up.” – Eckhart Tolle

FineLinen

"Stoop down and reach out to those who are oppressed. Share their burdens, and so complete Christ's law." ~Gal. 6:2 (MSG)

FineLinen

“God says to give thanks in everything. That doesn’t mean you need to give thanks FOR everything. You don’t need to give thanks FOR that bad day. Or FOR that bad relationship. Or being passed over at work. Financial hardship. Whatever it is – you are not to give thanks FOR the difficulties, but rather IN the difficulties. That is a very important distinction, and one I think we often miss. Giving thanks IN everything shows a heart of faith that God is bigger than the difficulties and that He can use them, if you approach Him with the right heart and spirit, for your good and His glory.” –Tony Evans

Rate this post positively

FineLinen

I cannot say it any plainer than this: In Adam all are dying. All Adam can do is bring forth death. Death is in his seed. It is corruptible seed having no eternal life. Death is in a baby at conception. David said: “In sin did my mother conceive me.” He was not slurring or degrading his mother; he was explaining the imperfection of the male sperm and the female ovum—both contain sin and death. All of us were born into this natural death realm in our own order. There is only one way out! “In Christ ALL are being made alive.” ~Dora Van Essen

FineLinen

“Where thoughts go, energy goes. There is nothing else here besides energy. Thoughts create form. Moderate your thoughts because they affect the entire energy field. When we are at a high level of vibration, we naturally attract high-level experiences and vice versa. Experiences are a direct reflection of your thoughts.” -Unknown

“Everything in life is vibration.” ~Albert Einstein

FineLinen

"God is controlling and directing all into his desired goal, which is himself. All was breathed out of him; and all is being inhaled back into him!" -Dora Van Essen

Last edited:

FineLinen

"Trusting God won't make the mountain smaller but it will make the climbing easier."

"Trust perfected is prayer perfected. Trust looks to receive the thing asked for and gets it. Trust is not a belief that God can bless or that He will bless, but that He does bless, here and now. Trust always operates in the present tense. Hope looks toward the future. Trust looks to the present. Hope expects. Trust possesses. Trust receives what prayer acquires. So, what prayer needs, at all times, is abiding and abundant trust." ~ E.M. Bounds

1621092711736.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"If it can be verified, we don't need faith... Faith is for that which lies on the other side of reason. Faith is what makes life bearable, with all its tragedies and ambiguities and sudden, startling joys." ~Madeleine L'Engle

FineLinen

“The lotus is the most beautiful flower, whose petals open one by one. But it will only grow in the mud. In order to grow and gain wisdom, first you must have the mud --- the obstacles of life and its suffering. ... The mud speaks of the common ground that humans share, no matter what our stations in life. ... Whether we have it all or we have nothing, we are all faced with the same obstacles: sadness, loss, illness, dying and death. If we are to strive as human beings to gain more wisdom, more kindness and more compassion, we must have the intention to grow as a lotus and open each petal one by one. ” -Goldie Hawn

1621251708545.png

FineLinen

"It is more beautiful to trust in God. The beautiful in this world is all from his hand, declaring the perfection of taste; he is the author of all form; he clothes the lily, he colours the rose, he distils the dewdrop, he makes the music of nature; in a word, he organized us for this life, and imposed its conditions; and they are such guaranty to me that, trustful as a little child, I leave to him the organization of my soul, and every arrangement for the life after death. I know he loves me." ~Lew Wallace

Last edited:

marke

"Christianity is not a religion. Christianity is the proclamation of the end of religion, not of a new religion, or even of the best of all religions. If the cross is the sign of anything, it's the sign that God has gone out of the religion business and solved all of the world's problems without requiring a single human being to do a single religious thing. What the cross is actually a sign of is the fact that religion can't do a thing about the world's problems - that it never did work and it never will." -Robert Farrar Capon-
Some philosophers try too hard to sound informed and intelligent. They come up with some of the silliest things to say as if that is supposed to reflect some sort of personal genius.

marke

Some philosophers try too hard to sound informed and intelligent. They come up with some of the silliest things to say as if that is supposed to reflect some sort of personal genius.

8. “I now make it my earnest prayer, that God would…most graciously be pleas’d to dispose us all to do Justice, to love mercy and to demean ourselves, with that Charity, humility & pacific temper of mind, which were the Characteristicks of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion & without an humble imitation of whose example in these things, we can never hope to be a happy Nation.”

—Washington’s Circular Letter to the States, June 8, 1783

marke

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Ronald Reagan

Inside the Bible's pages lie the answers to all the problems that mankind has ever known. I hope Americans will read and study the Bible.
Ronald Reagan

The Founding Fathers believed that faith in God was the key to our being a good people and America's becoming a great nation.
Ronald Reagan

Our National Motto - 'In God We Trust' - was not chosen lightly. It reflects a basic recognition that there is a divine authority in the universe to which this nation owes homage.
Ronald Reagan

FineLinen

"Give up the struggle and the fight; relax in the omnipotence of the Lord Jesus; look up into His lovely face and as you behold Him, He will transform you into His likeness. You do the beholding--He does the transforming. There is no short-cut to holiness." ~ Alan Redpath