Quotations of the day

FineLinen

images

FineLinen

"The life of grace is not an effort on our part to achieve a goal we set ourselves. It is a continually renewed attempt simply to believe that someone else has done all the achieving that is needed and to live in relationship with that person, whether we achieve or not. If that doesn't seem like much to you, you're right: it isn't. And, as a matter of fact, the life of grace is even less than that. It's not even our life at all, but the life of that Someone Else rising like a tide in the ruins of our death." ~Robert F. Capon

FineLinen

"All the broken and dislocated pieces of the universe, people and things, animals and atoms, get properly fixed and fit together in vibrant harmonies, all because of the life and death of the Lord Jesus Christ."

FineLinen

"The reason why many are still troubled, still seeking, still making little forward progress is because they haven't yet come to the end of themselves. We're still trying to give orders, and interfering with God's work within us." ~A. W. Tozer

"God can never entrust His kingdom to anyone who has not been broken of pride, for pride is the armour of darkness." ~Francois Frangipane

FineLinen

"If hell were put into His cup; He seized it, and in one tremendous draught of love, He drank damnation dry." ~ Charles Spurgeon

"I think it well to turn a little to one side that I may ask to observe adoringly the fountain-head of our salvation, which is the grace of God. Because God is gracious, therefore sinful men are forgiven, converted, purified, and saved. It is not because of anything in them, or that ever can be in them, that they are saved; but because of the boundless love, goodness, pity, compassion, mercy, and grace of God. Tarry a moment, then, at the well-head. Behold the pure river of water of life, as it proceeds out of the throne of God and of the Lamb!" ~ Charles Spurgeon

FineLinen

"If hell were put into His cup; He seized it, and in one tremendous draught of love, He drank damnation dry." ~ Charles Spurgeon
"I think it well to turn a little to one side that I may ask to observe adoringly the fountain-head of our salvation, which is the grace of God. Because God is gracious, therefore sinful men are forgiven, converted, purified, and saved. It is not because of anything in them, or that ever can be in them, that they are saved; but because of the boundless love, goodness, pity, compassion, mercy, and grace of God. Tarry a moment, then, at the well-head. Behold the pure river of water of life, as it proceeds out of the throne of God and of the Lamb!" ~ Charles Spurgeon

FineLinen

"As long as we are seeking our worth in anything and everything but the gospel of God's grace, we will keep seeking and keep wearing ourselves out in the process. But in Christ's finished work is ultimate and eternal validation & ultimate and eternal rest." ~Tullian Tchividjian

"Martin Luther said that one of our biggest problems was our own good works. They obscure our need for a Savior. At the cross, said Gerhard Forde, God has stormed the last bastion of the self, the last presumption that you were really going to do something for him. Genuine freedom awaits all who stop trusting in their own work and start trusting in Christ's work." ~Tullian Tchividjian

“In God’s eyes, our problem is not sin, it is trust. Jesus settled our sin problem once and for all at Calvary. He does not constantly harp on us now, barking, ‘What have you done this time?’ or ‘Now you’ve gone too far,’ or ‘This time you’ve crossed the line.’ No, never! Our Lord’s attitude toward us is just the opposite. His Spirit is constantly wooing us, reminding us of the Father’s lovingkindness—even in the midst of failure.” ~Craig T. Owens

FineLinen

"Look unto Me and be saved is not a suggestion by our heavenly Father, but the road of His recovery process in our life and all mankind." ~D.E. Johnson

"So turn your heart to Me, face Me now and be saved wherever you are now." -TPT

FineLinen

"It is appalling to think of a power so strong that it can annihilate with the irresistible force of its grinding heel; but it is inspiring to consider an Almightiness that transforms the works of evil into the hand-maidens of righteousness and converts the sinner into the saint. And it is this latter power which eternal Love possesses and exhibits. He persistently dwells in the sinner until the sinner wakes up in His likeness and is satisfied with it." ~ Charles H. Brent

FineLinen

"Get into the habit of dealing with God about everything. Unless in the first waking moment of the day you learn to fling the door wide back and let God in, you will work on a wrong level all day; but swing the door wide open and pray to your Father in secret, and every public thing will be stamped with the presence of God." ~Oswald Chambers

FineLinen

"God just doesn't throw a life preserver to a drowning person. He goes to the bottom of the sea, and pulls a corpse from the bottom of the sea, takes him up on the bank, breathes into him the breath of life and makes him alive." ~R. C. Sproul

FineLinen

"To argue that God is 'trying His best' to save all mankind, but that the majority of men will not let Him save them, is to insist that the will of the Creator is impotent, and that the will of the creature is omnipotent." ~A.W. Pink

FineLinen

"The basic purpose of prayer is not to bend God's will to mine, but to mold my will into His. When your will is God's will, you will have your will. God's plans for you are better than any plans you have for yourself. So don't be afraid of God's will, even if it's different from yours." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"The reason why many are still troubled, still seeking, still making little forward progress is because they haven't yet come to the end of themselves. We're still trying to give orders, and interfering with God's work within us." ~A. W. Tozer