Racist Democratic Party

The Berean

Assuming that "blacks" are not all genetically predisposed to be murderers and felons at birth, there is something seriously wrong in American society that produces these kinds of outcomes.

But if one has the audacity to draw attention to this ongoing American tragedy, our conservative friends refer to them as "racists!"
Please don't tell us you believe that "racism" causes young black men to commit crimes?

The Berean

It impacts who gets charged, who gets convicted, and who does how much time.
That's not what I said, though. Do people really believe that "racism" actually causes young black men to commit crime? That is a nonsense assertion. When racism was far more structured and legal (i.e Jim Crow) blacks committed far less crime.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Given that "African-Americans" constitute approximately 12–13% of the American population but constitute 35% of jail inmates, and 37% of prison inmates of the 2.2 million male inmates as of 2014, should "blacks" be accused of taking unfair advantage of "government help?"

(U.S. Department of Justice, 2014)
I'm not accusing blacks of anything. I'm accusing liberals of viewing blacks as an inferiour race that can't succeed without government help.

Last edited by a moderator:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Assuming that "blacks" are not all genetically predisposed to be murderers and felons at birth, there is something seriously wrong in American society that produces these kinds of outcomes.

What is wrong in American society?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Of course there is. It is called liberalism. It brings out the worst in people. Maybe I will just post a couple of David Manning videos on the subject and let Harlem speak for themselves.

rexlunae

That's not what I said, though.

Maybe not, but it matters when you try to understand crime statistics, and you can't ignore it without introducing a glaring bias.

Do people really believe that "racism" actually causes young black men to commit crime?

If you're going to be treated as a criminal either way, it at least removes some of the incentive to obey the law. The deterrent effect is premised on the discernment of the system.

That is a nonsense assertion. When racism was far more structured and legal (i.e Jim Crow) blacks committed far less crime.

What is your data on that? And also what do you make of it?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Please don't tell us you believe that "racism" causes young black men to commit crimes?

To be fair, 'racism' isn't the only thing jgarden could have meant. It could be that if you are in a certain situation you are more likely to be a criminal and black people are disproportionately in those situations. Racism, explicit or implicit, may only be one factor.

But I would like jgarden to come back and explain.

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
If you're going to be treated as a criminal either way, it at least removes some of the incentive to obey the law. The deterrent effect is premised on the discernment of the system.
What a great way to break the stereotype. :plain:

rexlunae

Don't know what you mean by that.

I mean that the people in government, the lawmakers, and the courts, have a moral, and possibly legal responsibility to make the system fair. I'm not advocating flouting the law, but it's hard to tell people that they should obey a law and a system that's systematically unfair to them. And the reality as it's been expressed to me is that black parents have had to try to teach their children that they have to be extra cautious because they won't get a fair shot if they fall under suspicion.