Rate them in the Jan 14th debate.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
1. Trump - best of the bunch and that is sad.
2. Kasich - good handle on the issues
3. Christie - Not top tier but maybe vp material
4. Cruz - pushed to the curb tonight
5. Rubio - struggled and lost
6. Bush - Who?
7. Carson - nice guys finish last. he is toast.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
6. Bush - Who?

Trump did good, Cruz ok. I like Christie's forcefulness and confidence, but he doesn't have enough support.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
The talking heads and analysts seem to think Cruz did well enough in the debate to take second place with Trump being in first. I disagree. I think his explanation for the undisclosed million dollar loan went unchallenged because it was so transparently self serving. Voters now know he is beholden to the bankers.

rexlunae

I haven't seen the whole debate, but the best line of what I've heard snipped and posted online has been Rubio telling Cruz that, no, you can't abolish the IRS, no matter how much applause that gets you. He may be too honest for a GOP primary, but at least he's not a complete sell-out.

The most entertaining moment I've seen was an exchange between Trump and Cruz about Trump's efforts to slime Cruz over citizenship, to the sound of overwhelming jeers from the crowd of, I assume, the worst people in America. Honestly, both men are complete slime-balls, so it's not like they don't both deserve anything the other can dish out. But it's a real low point in our political discourse.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
That was the best I've seen ol' Jebbers.....Trump says great things but how do you translate them into viable policy?

It was a debate between Confrontation vs Consensus politics.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
6. Bush - Who?

Do you really think that a ultra left winger like yourself can be objective when watching a debate where only one candidate is a true conservative?

That one true conservative candidate (Ted Cruz), made libertarian Donald Trump look foolish, as shown here:

But uneasy lies the head that wears a crown, and naturally Cruz has faced more incoming attacks as his polling has improved, most notably attacks from Donald Trump arguing that Cruz's Canadian birth renders him ineligible for the presidency. What he needed to do Thursday night was effectively rebut those attacks and preserve his position. He did that brilliantly. "Well, Neil," he told moderator Neil Cavuto after he brought up the issue. "I'm glad we're focusing on the important topics of the evening." The crowd applauded. Cruz continued with the following devastating riposte to Trump:

Back in September, my friend Donald said he had his lawyers look at this from every which way and there was no issue there. There was nothing to this birther issue. Now since September, the Constitution hasn't changed. [Laughter] But the poll numbers have. [Cheering] And I recognize, I recognize that Donald is dismayed that his poll numbers are falling in Iowa. But the facts and law here are really quite clear. Under longstanding US law, the child of a US Citizen born abroad is a natural-born citizen.

It succeeded, however briefly, in making Trump look like something he's never resembled this whole campaign: a loser, and a petty, small loser at that.
http://www.vox.com/2016/1/15/10774204/winners-losers-republican-debate-charleston-fox-business

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Here is something Trump says which is right, talking about "moderate" muslims he says, these terrorists are building bombs and storing arms in the community and planning their attacks etc and those communities ["moderate muslims"] are sheltering them.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Here is something Trump says which is right, talking about "moderate" muslims he says, these terrorists are building bombs and storing arms in the community and planning their attacks etc and those communities ["moderate muslims"] are sheltering them.

Especially in the UK

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you really think that a ultra left winger like yourself can be objective when watching a debate where only one candidate is a true conservative?

That one true conservative candidate (Ted Cruz), made libertarian Donald Trump look foolish
You really should learn how to connect the dots better. Obama graduated Harvard law school in 1991 and published his first book "Dreams from my Father" in 1995. Cruz graduated Harvard law school in 1995. Are you beginning to see the dots?

I'll leave it to you to research the careers of both Obama and Cruz from 1995 forward. But I will tell you this... Cruz is not what he would have you believe.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Mohamed was a pedophile
There is no Allah

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

That one true conservative candidate (Ted Cruz), made libertarian Donald Trump look foolish

You really should learn how to connect the dots better. Obama graduated Harvard law school in 1991 and published his first book "Dreams from my Father" in 1995. Cruz graduated Harvard law school in 1995. Are you beginning to see the dots?

.......Harvard Law School puts out commies?

I'll leave it to you to research the careers of both Obama and Cruz from 1995 forward. But I will tell you this... Cruz is not what he would have you believe.

I've done both. Obama is a psychopath, Cruz very well might be the next George Washington (how you like them dots Eeset?).

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Obama is a psychopath, Cruz very well might be the next George Washington (how you like them dots Eeset?).

The legends say George Washington couldn't tell a lie. Cruz is either lying or he is too stupid to keep track of simple things like his Canadian passport and his Goldmann Sachs loan documents.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The legends say George Washington couldn't tell a lie. Cruz is either lying or he is too stupid to keep track of simple things like his Canadian passport and his Goldmann Sachs loan documents.

why are you concerned about cruz?

do you consider him a threat?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Obama is a psychopath, Cruz very well might be the next George Washington (how you like them dots Eeset?).

"Ted Cruz said Wednesday that he is certain that he never owned a Canadian passport, pushing back sharply on the idea that there is any legal controversy whatsoever.

“Of course not,” he told CNN’s Dana Bash as his campaign bus traveled from Sibley to Spirit Lake close to the Iowa-Minnesota border. “Yes, I’m sure. The media, with all due respect, love to engage in silly sideshows. We need to focus on what matters.”

Cruz’s unequivocal answer follows a claim by rival Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump, who is neck-and-neck with him in Iowa, that the Texas senator has had a Canadian passport. Cruz was born as an American citizen in Canada, and claims he did not know he had Canadian citizenship until informed by a reporter in 2013.

The legal issue is straightforward,” he said, calling it a “non-issue.” “Listen, the Constitution and the laws of the United States are straightforward. The very first Congress defined the child of a U.S. citizen born abroad as a natural-born citizen.”
http://whotv.com/2016/01/06/ted-cruz-im-sure-i-never-owned-a-canadian-passport/

"Those loans [Goldman Sachs] have been disclosed over and over and over again on multiple filings,” he said at a press conference, according to Politico. “If it was the case that they were not filed exactly as the FEC requires, then we’ll amend the filings. But all of the information has been public and transparent for many years. And that’s the end of that.”
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/po...ailed-to-dislose-goldman-sachs-loan-calls-it/

Now tell us how excited you are about the prospect of a Mrs. Bill Clinton presidency Eeset. I guess the question that needs to be asked is this: Should the current FBI investigation against Mrs. Bill Clinton turn out badly for her, can the Oval Office be moved to a jail cell?

Hillary-in-jail-again.jpg

why are you concerned about cruz?

do you consider him a threat?

Duh.

I wonder if there is anyway the subject title to this thread can be changed to "Ultra liberal Eeset's silly sideshow"?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Rate them.

7. Trump - best of the bunch and that is sad.
7. Kasich - good handle on the issues
7. Christie - Not top tier but maybe vp material
7. Cruz - pushed to the curb tonight
7. Rubio - struggled and lost
7. Bush - Who?

"Ditto heads"