Reconciling Ministries

6days

Being accepting is the same as showing approval. Yahshua overturned the tables of the money exchangers. If he had a bullwhip, he may have used it. Speaking to sinners, and taking part in their activities, is two different things.
Well... I totally get where you are coming from, and I agree but with an asterisk.
From personal experience.....
A number of years ago I had a VERY rebellious young teenage girl. She did not want to be a goody2shoes like her older sisters. She ..... did everything possible... said everything possible to distance herself from God and her family. She 'warned' me that when she turned 18 she would get married and be gone. But,...really this daughter was 'gone' from about the time she was 14. At age 16 and 17 we tried some interventions but she ended up living in foster homes or living with friends.

Within a few days of turning 18, she married a guy in a small civil ceremony. He was everything wrong... He was a 40 year old, unemployed drug dealer. We had been invited to the ceremony.... I felt the invite was to spite us, but not sure. Now.... inspite of a broken heart.... inspite of this wedding being essentially a mockery of what God intended, we went to this 'ceremony'. We didn't attend to condone / approve of the wedding. We attended because we still loved our daughter.
(Side point... a few days later they stole our car that we had struggled and saved to buy)

To make a long long story short... I think we might never have seen our daughter again had we rejected her by not showing up at the wedding. But a relationship was maintained. Anyways....two years ago our daughter committed her life to Christ. She has read the Bible through. She now loves the Lord... and loves her family. (Tears of joy running down my face as I type thia)

So..... that's where I'm coming from when I said I would consider going to a gay 'wedding'. I could love the person but not the activity.

CherubRam

Well... I totally get where you are coming from, and I agree but with an asterisk.
A number of years ago I had a VERY rebellious young teenage girl. She did not want to be a goody2shoes like her older sisters. She ..... did everything possible... said everything possible to distance herself from God and her family. She 'warned' me that when she turned 18 she would get married and be gone. But,...really this daughter was 'gone' from about the time she was 14. At age 16 and 17 we tried some interventions but she ended up living in foster homes or living with friends.

Within a few days of turning 18, she married a guy in a small civil ceremony. He was everything wrong... He was a 40 year old, unemployed drug dealer. We had been invited to the ceremony.... I felt the invite was to spite us, but not sure. Now.... inspite of a broken heart.... inspite of this wedding being essentially a mockery of what God intended, we went to this 'ceremony'. We didn't attend to condone / approve of the wedding. We attended because we still loved our daughter.
(Side point... a few days later they stole our car that we had struggled and saved to buy)

To make a long long story short... I think we might never have seen our daughter again had we rejected her by not showing up at the wedding. But a relationship was maintained. Anyways....two years ago our daughter committed her life to Christ. She has read the Bible through. She now loves the Lord... and loves her family. (Tears of joy running down my face as I type thia)

So..... that's where I'm coming from when I said I would consider going to a gay 'wedding'. I could love the person but not the activity.

Good story. Naturally there can be an acception. A person needs to make the best choice possible. Things ended well for you, but that is not how the story always go's.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I would go to any wedding of any friend I care about. Same with funerals.
Their religion, race, gender, etc. makes no difference. It's about compassion, not about being politically correct or to make a stance on their views. A wedding is not the place to do that.

IMJerusha

There is something about homosexuality that, although also sinful, sits in a slightly different place than general sin. I believe the reason Scripture describes homosexuality as an abomination is because it is the one thing that flies directly in the face of God's plan for mankind. Your daughter's acts of disobedience didn't directly insult God as homosexuality does. I rejoice with you that your daughter submitted herself in obedience to God. There's nothing more wonderful than when God answers a parent's prayers like that. Marriage is a holy institution because it reflects God's plan and is officiated by God Himself. As God would not officiate a homosexual marriage, I seriously doubt Yeshua would attend such, at least not in a supportive role. Yeshua wasn't above anger in the face of disrespect of His Father. Right now, the homosexual movement is doing all it can to force its way into the Father's House, demanding justification for that which can not be justified in God's eyes. God did not create man for man but rather woman for man and woman can not beget man without God and man and that's the Truth of it.

IMJerusha

I would go to any wedding of any friend I care about. Same with funerals.
Their religion, race, gender, etc. makes no difference. It's about compassion, not about being politically correct or to make a stance on their views. A wedding is not the place to do that.

Compassion:
noun
sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others.

Really? If they knew your views were anti-homosexuality, I doubt you'd be welcome. And here is the problem with homosexuality; it's not a suffering, it's not a misfortune. It's an abomination in the eyes of God; a choice.

Is the worship of a false god a suffering or misfortune? No, it's a choice; one that we are expressly prohibited by God from even acknowledging, so why would any believer in the One True God attend a religious ceremony before a false god?

None of this has anything to do with political correctness but rather to do with the Faith of Yeshua; the Faith we are to represent and witness to. It does make a difference what we do.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If they knew your views were anti-homosexuality, I doubt you'd be welcome.
I have friends and family members that are homos. I would be welcome.
And they all know my stance on homos. I think it's vile, and I would not recognize their marriage as a real marriage.
They know that, and we are still friends.

IMJerusha

I have friends and family members that are homos. I would be welcome.
And they all know my stance on homos. I think it's vile, and I would not recognize their marriage as a real marriage.
They know that, and we are still friends.

You have no stance for God if you stand by evil. It's just that simple and that's what your friends know; that you can be swayed and you are being swayed. Example: you know that murder is evil and you love your friend who is contemplating murder. Will you help them to murder calling it "compassion?" You can not share the bread of purity and truth while partaking of the bread of sin and wickedness.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You have no stance for God if you stand by evil. It's just that simple and that's what your friends know; that you can be swayed and you are being swayed. Example: you know that murder is evil and you love your friend who is contemplating murder. Will you help them to murder calling it "compassion?" You can not share the bread of purity and truth while partaking of the bread of sin and wickedness.
I don't help murderers murder people. They're gonna do that whether I'm there or not.
I don't help married people get married. They're gonna do that whether I'm there or not.

And Jesus still loves me whether I am there or not.

IMJerusha

I don't help murderers murder people. They're gonna do that whether I'm there or not.
I don't help married people get married. They're gonna do that whether I'm there or not.

And Jesus still loves me whether I am there or not.

Tambora, I'm not stating that Yeshua doesn't love you. I'm only stating that Yeshua doesn't love and support sin and neither should we. When Paul stated in
1 Corinthians 9:19-23 that he became all things to all men, he didn't mean that he made himself a slave to sin in order to take people away from sin. That's what he meant when he stated "(though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law)." We are not indemnified from God's Law because of Yeshua. We aren't free to run around doing things that God condemns because Yeshua died for us. That's not how it works.

That's what is so deceptive about Reconciling Ministries. They function under the necessity to be under Yeshua's law but ignore God's Law, claiming we aren't being loving by not being tolerant. We can not be tolerant of that which God is not tolerant of. Homosexuals can not continue to be homosexual while they are in Yeshua and they must be in Yeshua to be eligible for eternal life in God's eyes.
1 John 3:5-8 "You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin. No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning."

Last edited: