Reparations

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Kamala Harris is the descendant of slave owners and slaves. Let her pay herself?

I am the descendant of men who fought in the Civil War to END slavery. Should I demand reparations from american negroes?

My best friend's parents immigrated from the Ukraine in the 1940's - the very definition of Caucasians. Should their descendants (my friend, his sisters, second and third generation) pay reparations?

Obama's ancestors on his father's side were never enslaved in America. Ironically Obama's ancestors on his mother's side faced more discrimination as Irish immigrants in the 1800s. Should Obama pay or receive reparations?

Last edited:

Gary K

Banned
I feel the same way you do. My ancestors didn't emigrate here until long after slavery was ended. The earliest any of my ancestors came here was 30 years after the civil war. The rest came here just as the Democrat traitor Woodrow Wilson was showing The Birth of a Nation in the White House. So let the Democrats and English royalty pay any and all reparations. Between the two groups they are the ones who started and then extended the lifetime of slavery here. They are the ones responsible for the mess slavery created.

marke

Kamala Harris is the descendant of slave owners and slaves. Let her pay herself?

I am the descendant of men who fought in the Civil War to END slavery. Should I demand reparations from american negroes?

My best friend's parents immigrated from the Ukraine in the 1940's - the very definition of Caucasians. Should their descendants (my friend, his sisters, second and third generation) pay reparations?

Obama's ancestors on his father's side were never enslaved in America. Ironically Obama's ancestors on his mother's side faced more discrimination as Irish immigrants in the 1800s. Should Obama pay or receive reparations?

What would be right about the idea of reparations and what would be wrong? Just because Joe Blow claims the government owes him money for the suffering of ancient Americans does not prove the government owes him money. So what basis would the payment of reparations stand on and who would be owed money? Those questions need to be answered before any reparations payments should ever be approved.

Question 1: What is the foundation on which the issue of reparations stands?

Answer: Millions of blacks living before the Civil War suffered greatly as slaves in a system either allowed, condoned, approved, encouraged, or overlooked by the governments at the time.

Question 2: Should descendants of slaves be given compensation for the sufferings of ancestors who were slaves in America?

Answer: That would not only be debatable but also impossible to do because we have no means by which to sort out who descended from slaves and who didn't. Furthermore, if we could identify descendants of slaves (some modern whites are descendants of black slaves) how could we determine what level of compensation should be given or why any compensation should be given at all?

Should modern black taxpayers have their taxes increased to cover costs of reparations? Or should the US government increase the taxes of whites only in order to make reparations payments to qualified and certified descendants of slave owners?

There is no logical or moral way to satisfy the wrongs of slavery by penalizing modern Americans who had nothing to do with slavery for the purpose of given cash payments to modern citizens claiming to have been somehow damaged by the slavery of hundreds of years ago.

Bob_Bennet

BANNED
Banned

I think she should pay your family.

marke

There are quite a few Americans who see whites as evil individuals who should be punished for their alleged sins of 'keeping the black man down' and who should be forced to earn money to give to blacks who they believe with every brain cell they possess deserve free money from white folk for being black like former American slaves.

A Pride event in Seattle is charging white attendees up to $50 in “reparations fees” — prompting backlash over whether the organizers were promoting “reverse racism.”

The event, which will be held on Saturday in Jimi Hendrix Park, is being hosted for black and brown members of the LBGTQ community and aims to lift up their “voices, narratives, and contributions,” according to organizers.

“All are free to attend HOWEVER this is a BLACK AND BROWN QUEER TRANS CENTERED, PRIORITIZED, VALUED, EVENT,” organizers wrote on the page of the event, which is called “TAKING B[L]ACK PRIDE.”

“White allies and accomplices are welcome to attend but will be charged a $10 to $50 reparations fee that will be used to keep this event free of cost for BLACK AND BROWN Trans and Queer COMMUNITY,” the event description continued.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I'd be willing to contribute to that 14 trillion if it was spent on shipping them all back to Africa