Repentance

OZOS

You are wrong if you think Christians cannot sin after they get saved.
"Whatever is not of faith is sin"

Correct, or not?
Paul confessed that he wrestled with sin after he was saved, not before he was saved.
Do you seriously think that you can keep repeating the same lie over and over and it will somehow change the truth?

I have already obliterated this false doctrine of yours, and I would do it again, except that you don't read my posts, you don't listen, or you don't care that you are wrong.

Here is a simple question...

What is the difference between being a slave of sin and being in bondage to sin?

You won't answer, because you lack integrity and an appreciation for truth. You are to arrogant and full of pride to learn anything.

marke

"Whatever is not of faith is sin"

Correct, or not?

Do you seriously think that you can keep repeating the same lie over and over and it will somehow change the truth?

I have already obliterated this false doctrine of yours, and I would do it again, except that you don't read my posts, you don't listen, or you don't care that you are wrong.

Here is a simple question...

What is the difference between being a slave of sin and being in bondage to sin?

You won't answer, because you lack integrity and an appreciation for truth. You are to arrogant and full of pride to learn anything.
If we are saved then we are not in bondage to sin, so we do not have to let sin reign in our mortal bodies. Just because we are no longer in bondage to sin does not mean we are incapable of sin, as some would have us to believe. And, if we are capable of sin then how say some we have no sin after we are saved? Are we capable of sin yet incapable of sinning? Does that even make sense? No.

Romans 6:12
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

OZOS

If we are saved then we are not in bondage to sin
Correct.

For now, I will ignore the rest of your senseless babbling.

Here you go...

"For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am fleshly, sold into bondage to sin." Rom 7:14

Now we know, that you are the one who is "wrong".

marke

Correct.

For now, I will ignore the rest of your senseless babbling.

Here you go...

"For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am fleshly, sold into bondage to sin." Rom 7:14

Now we know, that you are the one who is "wrong".
Paul said "I am," not "I was." The English is simple.

OZOS

Paul said "I am," not "I was." The English is simple.
Okay. So, according to you, the apostle Paul is not reflecting on his being a slave of sin, but is currently a slave of sin, while at the same time not a slave of sin?

Was he also not reflecting in this statement that is within the same context?

"O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?"

Is it your claim that Paul believes he is a wretched man and questions who will deliver him?

According to you, Paul is presently a wretched man has not yet been delivered, but wants to know WHO "will" (future tense) deliver him.

Also, according to you, Paul is not reflecting on how the Law produced in him coveting of every kind (the evil he does not wish), but Paul is presently under the Law, and he is still in the flesh (fleshly), and still in bondage to sin AFTER he is saved and AFTER he realizes who sets him free from this death, and AFTER there is no more condemnation for those in Christ?

You are the dumbest person alive.

marke

Okay. So, according to you, the apostle Paul is not reflecting on his being a slave of sin, but is currently a slave of sin, while at the same time not a slave of sin?

Was he also not reflecting in this statement that is within the same context?

"O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?"

Is it your claim that Paul believes he is a wretched man and questions who will deliver him?

According to you, Paul is presently a wretched man has not yet been delivered, but wants to know WHO "will" (future tense) deliver him.

Also, according to you, Paul is not reflecting on how the Law produced in him coveting of every kind (the evil he does not wish), but Paul is presently under the Law, and he is still in the flesh (fleshly), and still in bondage to sin AFTER he is saved and AFTER he realizes who sets him free from this death, and AFTER there is no more condemnation for those in Christ?

You are the dumbest person alive.
Paul spoke of being infected by sin in his body after salvation while at the same time he served God perfectly with his mind. You cannot say his mind was pure and unaffected by sin before he was saved and neither can you day before he was saved that when he sinned it was no more him that did it but sin that dwelled in him.

1. Romans 7:17
    Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

2. Romans 7:20
    Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

OZOS

Paul spoke of being infected by sin in his body after salvation while at the same time he served God perfectly with his mind. You cannot say his mind was pure and unaffected by sin before he was saved and neither can you day before he was saved that when he sinned it was no more him that did it but sin that dwelled in him.

1. Romans 7:17
    Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

2. Romans 7:20
    Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
You ignored every point, that proves you're an idiot. Got it.

"For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin."

You listen to too many Calvinist preachers who claim that Paul is both a slave of sin and not a slave of sin concurrently. They, like you, are a walking contradiction.

You claim that Paul is both a slave of sin, and not a slave of sin.
You claim that Paul is both free from sin and in bondage to sin.
You claim that Paul is both released from the Law and under the Law.
You claim that Paul is both dead and alive.
You claim that Paul is both in the flesh and not in the flesh.

YOU are a double-minded man, unstable in all your ways.

In Romans 7 Paul is giving his testimony on how the Law led him to Christ, having been proven a sinner, in bondage to sin, who cannot do what he wants to do, and is a wretched man looking for someone to free him from death.

But YOU, prefer to internalize what Paul says and opt for experiential theology, rather than accept the truth of what he is communicating.

You are a very religious man, but have never come to faith in Christ.

marke

You ignored every point, that proves you're an idiot. Got it.

"For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin."

You listen to too many Calvinist preachers who claim that Paul is both a slave of sin and not a slave of sin concurrently. They, like you, are a walking contradiction.

You claim that Paul is both a slave of sin, and not a slave of sin.
You claim that Paul is both free from sin and in bondage to sin.
You claim that Paul is both released from the Law and under the Law.
You claim that Paul is both dead and alive.
You claim that Paul is both in the flesh and not in the flesh.

YOU are a double-minded man, unstable in all your ways.

In Romans 7 Paul is giving his testimony on how the Law led him to Christ, having been proven a sinner, in bondage to sin, who cannot do what he wants to do, and is a wretched man looking for someone to free him from death.

But YOU, prefer to internalize what Paul says and opt for experiential theology, rather than accept the truth of what he is communicating.

You are a very religious man, but have never come to faith in Christ.
You fail to comprehend the fact that the Christian has two competing forces within, a temptation to sin in the flesh and a perfect new spiritual nature which cannot sin. The Lord was referring to these two competing natures when he said,

Galatians 5:17
For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

We also see this mystery revealed in the OT.

Song of Solomon 6:13
Return, return, O Shulamite; return, return, that we may look upon thee. What will ye see in the Shulamite? As it were the company of two armies.

OZOS

You fail to comprehend
Nope, only you are the one without the Spirit of God, who doesn't comprehend anything the Bible teaches. My evidence? Your words.
the Christian has two competing forces within
Made up. Your experiences are not everyone else's experiences. Doctrine is not defined by your perception of reality, but by God's word. You hate God's word in favor of your experiences, which you then use to create your own doctrines. The same thing that demons do.

The Lord was referring to these two competing natures when he said,

Galatians 5:17
For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Wow, what a pervert you are. That is not what Paul is saying at all. You need to read the entire letter.

The Galatians had been seduced into trying to perfect the flesh through the works of the Law (the very same message that you are now preaching) and Paul is telling them that it is impossible. The lust (desire) of the flesh is to be justified by works, and the desire of the Spirit is to be justified by faith. These two desires are in opposition to each other. You cannot do both. You cannot be made perfect by both the flesh and the Spirit. Those who seek to be justified by works (the desire of the flesh) can only produce the deeds of the flesh (vs 19-20). Why? Because the Law will prove that you are involved in adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like.

You cannot serve the Law and also walk by faith. You cannot serve the Law and not be proven a sinner. Serving the Law is "walking according to the flesh". You don't "comprehend" this because you do not have the Spirit of God.

Romans 7:14-23 is a commentary on what Paul said in verse 5

"For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death."

Last edited:

marke

Nope, only you are the one without the Spirit of God, who doesn't comprehend anything the Bible teaches. My evidence? Your words.

Made up. Your experiences are not everyone else's experiences. Doctrine is not defined by your perception of reality, but by God's word. You hate God's word in favor of your experiences, which you then use to create your own doctrines. The same thing that demons do.

Wow, what a pervert you are. That is not what Paul is saying at all. You need to read the entire letter.

The Galatians had been seduced into trying to perfect the flesh through the works of the Law (the very same message that you are now preaching) and Paul is telling them that it is impossible. The lust (desire) of the flesh is to be justified by works, and the desire of the Spirit is to be justified by faith. These two desires are in opposition to each other. You cannot do both. You cannot be made perfect by both the flesh and the Spirit. Those who seek to be justified by works (the desire of the flesh) can only produce the deeds of the flesh (vs 19-20). Why? Because the Law will prove that you are involved in adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like.

You cannot serve the Law and also walk by faith. You cannot serve the Law and not be proven a sinner. Serving the Law is "walking according to the flesh". You don't "comprehend" this because you do not have the Spirit of God.

Romans 7:14-23 is a commentary on what Paul said in verse 5

"For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death."
When Paul says "we were in the flesh," we understand him to be referring to the past tense. When he says "I am the chief of sinners" we understand he is referring to his present condition.

1 Timothy 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

OZOS

When Paul says "we were in the flesh," we understand him to be referring to the past tense. When he says "I am the chief of sinners" we understand he is referring to his present condition.

1 Timothy 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Nope, wrong again. Already showed you why you are wrong, just a few posts ago.

Paul was not saved as a person in bondage to sin, and Paul was not a sinner after he was saved. Again, you are an idiot when it comes to reading...

"And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting."

Paul is relating his former life, that of all men throughout history he was far worse than anyone else.

It is no different than when Michal Jordan speaks of his past, he can say "When it comes to basketball, I am chief".

Here, found this...

marke

Nope, wrong again. Already showed you why you are wrong, just a few posts ago.

Paul was not saved as a person in bondage to sin, and Paul was not a sinner after he was saved. Again, you are an idiot when it comes to reading...

"And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting."

Paul is relating his former life, that of all men throughout history he was far worse than anyone else.

It is no different than when Michal Jordan speaks of his past, he can say "When it comes to basketball, I am chief".

Here, found this...

We have a new nature that is incorruptible, but we also have the flesh, which cannot be reformed. Those who believe they cannot sin are wrong. If we confess our sins Jesus will wash us anew and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9.) The Lord washed the disciples' feet because their feet got dirty, even though they were already clean every whit.

John 13:10
Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

Right Divider

Body part
We have a new nature that is incorruptible, but we also have the flesh, which cannot be reformed. Those who believe they cannot sin are wrong. If we confess our sins Jesus will wash us anew and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9.) The Lord washed the disciples' feet because their feet got dirty, even though they were already clean every whit.

John 13:10
Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.
If you are not COMPLETE in CHRIST, you are not saved.
If you are IN HIS BODY, you have no need to be "washed anew".
Christ died for ALL of my sins.

As long as you continue to find your doctrine with the TWELVE apostles that will sit on TWELVE thrones judging the TWELVE tribes of Israel, you will continue to be confused.

marke

If you are not COMPLETE in CHRIST, you are not saved.
If you are IN HIS BODY, you have no need to be "washed anew".
Christ died for ALL of my sins.

As long as you continue to find your doctrine with the TWELVE apostles that will sit on TWELVE thrones judging the TWELVE tribes of Israel, you will continue to be confused.
What was Jesus talking about when he told Peter he needed to have his feet washed even though he was already clean every whit?

Right Divider

Body part
What was Jesus talking about when he told Peter he needed to have his feet washed even though he was already clean every whit?
Once again, you fixate on the apostle of ISRAEL and ignore the apostle of the gentiles. You are NOT Israel.

Christ's earthly ministry was to and about His relationship with ISRAEL.
Mat 15:24 KJV But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Paul reinforced that topic here:
Rom 15:8 KJV Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
The "fathers" there refers to the fathers of.... wait for it..... ISRAEL!

Paul tells US (i.e., the body of Christ) that WE are not to know Christ in that way.
2Co 5:16-17 KJV Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. (17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
You need to be part of the "new creature" which is the body of Christ.

OZOS

The context is about serving His disciples, and about them serving others, not about forgiveness. For you to suggest it's about forgiveness, AFTER the cross, is to claim that the sacrifice of Jesus was not for all sin, but only a partial cleansing.

"For He knew who would betray Him; therefore He said, “You are not all clean.”

Your perversion of 1 John 1:9 is more evidence that you are not in Christ and have never believed the gospel. In fact, it is to spit in the face of Jesus and call His blood "unclean".

marke

Once again, you fixate on the apostle of ISRAEL and ignore the apostle of the gentiles. You are NOT Israel.

Christ's earthly ministry was to and about His relationship with ISRAEL.

Paul reinforced that topic here:

The "fathers" there refers to the fathers of.... wait for it..... ISRAEL!

Paul tells US (i.e., the body of Christ) that WE are not to know Christ in that way.

You need to be part of the "new creature" which is the body of Christ.
There is no difference between the Jew and Christian when it comes to being saved by faith. Nobody is saved apart from believing and receiving the testimony from God, and salvation for all humans of every age is by the blood of Jesus.
Romans 4:16
Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

marke

The context is about serving His disciples, and about them serving others, not about forgiveness. For you to suggest it's about forgiveness, AFTER the cross, is to claim that the sacrifice of Jesus was not for all sin, but only a partial cleansing.

"For He knew who would betray Him; therefore He said, “You are not all clean.”

Your perversion of 1 John 1:9 is more evidence that you are not in Christ and have never believed the gospel. In fact, it is to spit in the face of Jesus and call His blood "unclean".
What is good about calling Christians unclean as you do?

Acts 10:28
And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Right Divider

Body part
There is no difference between the Jew and Christian when it comes to being saved by faith. Nobody is saved apart from believing and receiving the testimony from God, and salvation for all humans of every age is by the blood of Jesus.
Romans 4:16
Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
You completely ignored everything that I said.

You do NOT understand the majority of scripture... like Christ's earthly ministry... and His NEW ministry through the apostle Paul.

marke

You completely ignored everything that I said.

You do NOT understand the majority of scripture... like Christ's earthly ministry... and His NEW ministry through the apostle Paul.
There is a difference between ignoring and dismissing a badly supported weak argument.