REPORT: Judge Rightly

elected4ever

100% correct brother! :up:
That is not really the question is it? The fact is that the law was enforce from Moses to Jesus and added for the purpose of showing the depth of man's sin during that time frame. After Jesus fulfilled the law the ministry of the law was complete. There is now no law that can be used lawfully for the purpose of judging rightly to the saved or unsaved seeing that Jesus is its fulfillment. The scripture does not support the notion that the law is still anyone's schoolmaster and is therefore a right use of law anymore. The law cannot be used as an instrument to judge rightly. All things are judged by Christ and not the law. Jesus is the standard not law. You can feel anyway you wont about it but it is not Biblical to do so.

elected4ever

I really thought we were going to discuss this issue but that seems not to be the case. It seems that all we do is make categorical statements and then drop the subject because we had rather be comfortable in our pet traditions than exploring the truth.

elected4ever

well i don't suppose that using the law to judge rightly can be defended. So i guess Bob's whole thesis can be thrown out as just so much religious babble.

PKevman

well i don't suppose that using the law to judge rightly can be defended. So i guess Bob's whole thesis can be thrown out as just so much religious babble.

E4E, at this point the only "Religious babble" is coming from you. Your positions are so weird that many times it is pointless and frustrating to even try to go through and dialogue with you. Couple that with the fact that you have this "I can't be wrong" complex, and it makes it even more difficult.

Your positions have been exposed on this site so many times I can't count them.

Yet for your sake I'll attempt to break through the haze and respond to something you said:

Elected4Ever said:
There is now no law that can be used lawfully for the purpose of judging rightly to the saved or unsaved seeing that Jesus is its fulfillment.

Elected4Ever said:
The scripture does not support the notion that the law is still anyone's schoolmaster and is therefore a right use of law anymore.

And yet the Scriptures say:

1 Timothy 1:8-10

8 But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully, 9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,

So, do we believe E4E, or do we believe God's Word? Thanks, but we'll stick with God's Word! (Didn't take me too long to decide, especially considering that you also deny that Christ is God).

Elected4Ever said:
The law cannot be used as an instrument to judge rightly.

Jesus did it. I guess you're smarter than Him?

Elected4Ever said:
All things are judged by Christ and not the law. Jesus is the standard not law.

NEWSFLASH: Jesus gave the law!!!! :bang:

Elected4Ever said:
You can feel anyway you wont about it but it is not Biblical to do so.

No it's not E4E to do so. The Bible is very clear on this subject, but you lack the spiritual discernment and maturity to rightly understand these truths.

PKevman

I've never seen so many alleged born again Christians coveting the Law as much as you people.

Who covets the Law? How about rejoining the discussion when you have something more than straw men to contribute?

Using the Law for the purposes it was given for is NOT coveting the Law by the way.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:rotfl: OnFire thinks fair use of the reputation system is a sin ...

elected4ever

E4E, at this point the only "Religious babble" is coming from you. Your positions are so weird that many times it is pointless and frustrating to even try to go through and dialogue with you. Couple that with the fact that you have this "I can't be wrong" complex, and it makes it even more difficult.
If my babbling results in God's glory so be it. I have yet to hear one biblical truth proposed that has resulted it the proving of the gospel that I advocate being untrue. You cannot do that and nether can anyone else because it is the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I have exposed on numerous occasions the vanity of the human mind that gravitates to the heretical doctrines of man. We as humans gravitate to the understanding of the fleshly mind of man and do so because we as being carnal in nature (being born of man) cannot grasp the depths of the truth without the revelation of God.

Our own flesh nature is the greatest enemy of the piece and liberty that we have in Jesus Christ. My human nature is dead and I treat it as such. I give it no place to hide and because it cannot hide it makes its own rules to look religious and become acceptable to those around me. How easy it is for the flesh to become acceptable in the carnal church.

You as well as others have falsely accused me of perfectionism that is hypocrisy. I have never at anytime made an excuse for my dead flesh. My life is in Christ and none other and I do not have a program to keep it. Life is of God and nothing can take it from me. You can destroy this mortal body but you will never take my life.

Your positions have been exposed on this site so many times I can't count them.
Yes, I am rather prolific and consistent in exposing them to you aren't I and you had still rather believe the doctrines of man.

Yet for your sake I'll attempt to break through the haze and respond to something you said:

And yet the Scriptures say:

8 But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully, 9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,

So, do we believe E4E, or do we believe God's Word? Thanks, but we'll stick with God's Word! (Didn't take me too long to decide, especially considering that you also deny that Christ is God).
The question is, what is the lawful use of the law? PK, the world is dead to God. What law do you propose to bring them to life again so that you may again condemn them? Sense when are the dead who are dead because of the law, sentenced by the law to death again. How many times are you going to kill someone to be sure he is dead? Is that a lawful use of the law?

Or is it like what Paul said in Galations 3. A tutor to bridge the gap of time between Abraham and Jesus. Is not Israel an object lesson for the whole word? Is not the sin of Israel the same sin that permeates the whole word? Israel was not saved by the keeping of the law but rather condemned by a law that they could not and would not keep. The law has done its job. Jesus used the law lawfully and then fulfilled the requirements of the law. The law is passed. It is done and now there is no more law for the purpose of condemnation but for instruction in righteousness. To be instructed in righteousness you must first be righteous. So yes, I am instructed out of the law because it is scripture. Israel was not instructed out of the law because they were dead.

No, because he did it I don't have to.

No He didn't. Jesus fulfilled the law in its letter and purpose. God gave the law.

No it's not E4E to do so. The Bible is very clear on this subject, but you lack the spiritual discernment and maturity to rightly understand these truths.
Yes the Bible is clear and I do not know why you had rather have the doctrines of man. I suppose it is to make you fell religious and important.

Prolifeguyswife

E4E, this is my position exactly. This is the point that I was trying to make, and I apologize if I confused you with my post about the Mosaic law. I'm new at writing out my positions!

I think Pastor Kevin is 100% correct, and has used scripture to back it up.

elected4ever

E4E, this is my position exactly. This is the point that I was trying to make, and I apologize if I confused you with my post about the Mosaic law. I'm new at writing out my positions!

I think Pastor Kevin is 100% correct, and has used scripture to back it up.
I understand. did you read my response to him?

Prolifeguyswife

I understand. did you read my response to him?

:Ignoring Front Row:

Yes, I did. Can you clarify something for me? When you're talking about the world being dead, does that mean that you never witness to anyone? Do you not try to lead anyone to Jesus? It almost sounds as if you believe there's no hope for them, and there's no point in evangelizing.

elected4ever

:Ignoring Front Row:

Yes, I did. Can you clarify something for me? When you're talking about the world being dead, does that mean that you never witness to anyone? Do you not try to lead anyone to Jesus? It almost sounds as if you believe there's no hope for them, and there's no point in evangelizing.
On the contrary. Salvation is life from the dead. It is the receiving of life not condemnation. Most everyone knows that they do wrong unless they are some sort of lunatic.

Man doesn't believe he is dead. Death is the separation of man from his creator and death is the judgment that man received as a result of his disobeying that creator.

Man just does not believe that he will answer to God for his actions. While sins do not send a person to hell they do have a bearing on the degree of punishment a person will receive when they get there. Being dead to God is a one way ticket to hell.

The crucification of Jesus is the sacrifice demanded by God for the sins of the whole world. Every man from Adam to the present day has his sins paid for by Christ. The blood was shed for every man one time and there will never be another sacrifice made for sin.

The availability of the sacrifice is universal but the application is personal. That is to say that all men have access to God by one man, that man Jesus Christ. When we believe that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and that He laid down His life for us then the blood is applied and we stand guiltless before God and God puts within us a new Spirit born of His own seed and that Spirit has the life of God and that is who we are. Not the old man but the new creation in Christ Jesus.

All sin is condemned in the flesh and we do not take it with us to judgment. When we die physically the sin also dies. We are then raised in life not death.To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. We are of the spirit and not of the flesh and sin has no more power over us. We are a new creation. We become righteous as God is righteous. We become as Jesus is. When we confess our sin Jesus is faithful and just to forgive our sin and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. It is just a matter of believing Jesus

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The Cult of Enyart are having a heyday giving me neg rep! Must have stuck a nerve.
Cult?

"No matter what Pastor Bob Enyart does [commits adultery, murder, etc.] or says, I will agree with him 100% and follow him all the days of my life." is not a sentence that will ever leave my lips as a statement of fact. I don't even agree with him 100% now. But I do agree with him on a great many things. Just like I agree with Mystery, but I've also rebuked Mystery for his rude behavior [that crossed a line]. Neither of them are infallible, as has been seen many times over. And I'm sure both are willing to admit it. They are not gods, and there is no reason to treat them as such. I will take the word of the Living God over either of them any day. And the same goes for anyone I have ever met that agrees with Bob on anything, let alone a lot of things.