REPORT: On Over-population

F

firechyld

*nods*

Exactly. If you watch it, you'll see that it occasionally pauses before climbing to the next number. The algorithm takes into account the statistical world death rate... this is estimated growth after the births cancelled out by the deaths have been removed from the equation.

firechyld (still backing the clock)

F

firechyld

The clock had me speechless when I first saw it. I just sat there, gazing in awe and something akin to fear, watching the little numbers tick up so quickly....

firechyld

KurtPh

I bet you want to me to say abortion and birth control, right?

Well, yes, but only if it isn't compelled.

There are a number of ways that the birth rate can be slowed down and, perhaps, made to decline to a more sustainable level without releying on abortion or artificial birth control methods. You might even agree with a few of 'em.

1. Better access to health care to limit child mortality rates (one will have fewer children if one is certain they will live past the age of 2 years old).

2. Access to education and the labour market for women. Women who have higher levels of education and are working often marry later in life and, thus, tend to have fewer children.

3. Access to pensions and a more equitible distribution of wealth. This could be as simple as western nations paying fair market prices for consumer goods and staples (your coffee might be a bit more expensive). One wouldn't need to have children to work as primary wage earners in poor families.

These are just a few recommendations that I would impliment if I were king of the world. Currious to know if you agree with any of them, or at least in part?

KurtPh

Could I surmise that your failure to respond means that you agree with me? Boy, that would be a first. :D

KurtPh

I Am the Champion!
I Am the Champion!
I Am the Champion....
Of the World!!!!
(Or at leas this particular thread ;) )

Still waiting....

F

firechyld

*hands out novelty hats*

It can't be a party without novelty hats. :)

firechyld

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Kurt says...
These are just a few recommendations that I would impliment if I were king of the world. Currious to know if you agree with any of them, or at least in part?
Hmmmm nope. No agreement here. Sorry!

Projill

That reminds me, I have to go to the booze barn some time tonight and pick up some hootch. (Yes, this is how unrefined some of my friends and I speak on occassion...we are Oklahomans.)

KurtPh

Knight? I know you're out there. You don't have ANYTHING to say other than "Hmmmm nope. No agreement here. Sorry!"?

beanieboy

You say that like you are expecting a straight answer, or any answer, for that matter.

The point is to complain, and raise your head and scream, "come quickly, lord jesus", not to find solutions to problems, silly. Become heavenly minded, and you won't worry about being no earthly good. Darn kids.

Projill

I quite enjoy it when they "forget" about a thread. If I forget about a thread (seeing as how I'm an idiot with a short term memory that would indicate I once did drugs regularly) I encourage people to remind me. You never see a whole lot of xtians on here encouraging others to remind them of their threads.