REPORT: TOL Statement of faith

webby

Axe dropper
Administrator
There is one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.

There is one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father.

Through Him all things were made. For us and for our salvation He came down from heaven: by the Holy Spirit He became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man.

For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate; He suffered death and was buried.

On the third day He rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory.

With His saints He will judge the living and the dead. And His kingdom will have no end.

There is one Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father. With the Father and the Son He is worshipped.

He has spoken through the prophets and through the Scriptures.
God established the Body of Christ into which the Holy Spirit baptizes every new believer.

God offers salvation by grace through faith alone in the resurrected Christ.
The Bible records the true history of man including that God created the heavens and the earth and everything in them in six literal days; only eight people survived a global flood; through great wonders God delivered Israel from Egypt; the prophets, Christ, and the apostles performed many miraculous deeds.

The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, in their original state, are the inspired Word of God. God legislated morality out of love for His creation.
Men who reject God will suffer eternal damnation.

Christ commands His followers to rebuke and to judge with righteous judgment and to forgive those who repent. One day God will resurrect the dead, punish the unbelievers, and reward those whom He has justified with the life of the world to come.
Amen.

P

Pilgrimagain

This is the first time I have read through the staement. Thanks for posting it. I don't agree with it 100% particularly as it gets to the end but it is well written and succinct as a statement of faith should be.

Y

Yxboom

There is one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father.
As freak would put it very God of very GOd ;)

I don't agree with it 100% particularly as it gets to the end
I have read it 3 times now and mind you I will be checking periodically to find something I don't agree with since it isn't showing up now.

Y

Yxboom

Goose,

Goose,

Do you know if this is the statement of faith of Denver Bible Church as well?

Solly

BANNED
Banned
Is this binding in some way? Do we implicitly accept it by being part of TOL, like user agreements on software?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Solly
Is this binding in some way? Do we implicitly accept it by being part of TOL, like user agreements on software?
Uhhhhh........ no.

The statement of faith is for "you" to know what "WE" at TOL believe.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How do we know for sure what the Webmaster/Knight/DBC means by "in the space of six literal days?":think:

Maybe it's symbolic.

Crow

If we do, Knight owes me some software....whoops--didn't catch the six literal days part when I originally wrote this. I have to admit some doubt there.

Last edited:

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Knight
The statement of faith is for "you" to know what "WE" at TOL believe.
Being more specific, is the "WE" you are referring to the Administrators as listed here?