Republican Civil WAR: MAGAs vs. RINOs -- Who Will Win?

In the coming Civil War between MAGA and RINOs, who will win?

• Total voters

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
How totalitarian of you.
It was hyperbole. The point is California libs are being hypocritical when they flee a screwed up state when their own votes caused that State to be screwed up in the first place. And they want to flee to a red state so their votes can screw up that state also? Oh, Hell no!

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
It was hyperbole. The point is California libs are being hypocritical when they flee a screwed up state when their own votes caused that State to be screwed up in the first place. And they want to flee to a red state so their votes can screw up that state also? Oh, Hell no!
The best we can do is push abortion back to the states, until we're strong enough federally to do more. Laws don't deal in "hearts and minds" but in bodies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Assume much? How very *conservative” of you.
Death happens. Extended family sometimes live in other states. California has perfect weather. No snow in most areas.
Conservatives don't want a higher percentage of Democrats in their state because Conservatives want more people who contribute to the economy, not people who are a drain on the economy. I've always said that one of the main reasons I'm a conservative is because I'm not a thief. I don't have the right to dip my greedy little fingers into someone else's bank account just because they make more money than I do.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Conservatives don't want a higher percentage of Democrats in their state because Conservatives want more people who contribute to the economy, not people who are a drain on the economy.
Then the joke is on you because so far as I'm aware, people who end up choosing to leave Cali are the ones who can most easily afford it. Take Elon Musk and Joe Rogan for example, both of whom moved to the Austin area.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Conservatives don't want a higher percentage of Democrats in their state

Too bad. You don’t own any states so you don’t get to choose where others live or how they live. Nebraska is a centrist state unlike the extremists red states.

Insofar as extremist bigots, we probably have our share. I just don’t associate with them.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then the joke is on you because so far as I'm aware, people who end up choosing to leave Cali are the ones who can most easily afford it. Take Elon Musk and Joe Rogan for example, both of whom moved to
the Austin area.

So true. The value of the homes we sold in Cali made it quite easy to buy three homes prior to packing up and moving.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Then the joke is on you because so far as I'm aware, people who end up choosing to leave Cali are the ones who can most easily afford it. Take Elon Musk and Joe Rogan for example, both of whom moved to the Austin area.
Austin. Of course. The #1 most commie city in Texas. I'll give you one guess which Texas city will be the first to have people defecating in the street on a daily basis, ala San Francisco.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Just like your wanting to hang your political opponents was hyperbole. When does it stop being hyperbole?

Anyway. Anecdotally, the people I know who've moved from California are without exception, conservatives.

They're moving because they have an apocalyptic view of the country, or they chose this time to sell high and buy lower elsewhere, or because post-Covid they can work remotely and so make the move sooner than they might've otherwise. But they're not liberals, Jefferson, so it's not "their own votes" in this state - which is not screwed up - but prospering and with an abundance of natural beauty from ocean to mountains to desert. Any conservative will jump to post a photo of homeless people because they love to stick it to California, but big cities in their own states have similar problems.

It's the conservative desire to be divisive for the sake of being divisive that drives a lot of the red state/blue state animosity, it's been that way for decades. You may want to blame liberal dismissiveness of flyover country and you may be right, but only to a point. The problem is you won't ever admit to it, because MAGA would see that as a sign of weakness. Such misplaced ideas about what strength is. I was recently traveling in a very, very red state, and while I see it as one of our 50 states, I don't think you and many MAGA feel the same about California. You don't have any tolerance for people who are different than you or have beliefs that are different.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Too bad. You don’t own any states so you don’t get to choose where others live or how they live. Nebraska is a centrist state unlike the extremists red states.

Insofar as extremist bigots, we probably have our share. I just don’t associate with them.

Funny how freedom is for their ideological tribe but not for others outside their tribe.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Just like your wanting to hang your political opponents was hyperbole. When does it stop being hyperbole?

Anyway. Anecdotally, the people I know who've moved from California are without exception, conservatives.

They're moving because they have an apocalyptic view of the country, or they chose this time to sell high and buy lower elsewhere, or because post-Covid they can work remotely and so make the move sooner than they might've otherwise. But they're not liberals, Jefferson, so it's not "their own votes" in this state -which is not screwed up, but prospering and with an abundance of natural beauty from ocean to mountains to desert. Any conservative will jump to post a photo of homeless people because they love to stick it to California, but big cities in their own states have similar problems.

It's the conservative desire to be divisive for the sake of being divisive that drives a lot of the red state/blue state animosity, it's been that way for decades. You may want to blame liberal dismissiveness of flyover country and you may be right, but only to a point. The problem is you won't ever admit to it, because MAGA would see that as a sign of weakness. Such misplacesd ideas about what strength is. I was recently traveling in a very, very red state, and while I see it as one of our 50 states, I don't think you and many MAGA feel the same about California. You don't have any tolerance for people who are different than you are or have beliefs that are different.
I don't tolerate people who don't think highly of our Constitution. I just don't believe there are many people like that, not when we get to speaking the same language----something like that.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
@Jefferson

Here's one source that says Harris county (Houston) is the number one destination, although several counties lumped together around Dallas make up second.

Map here: